The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;9OHC7lIfvk4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OHC7lIfvk4[/video]
Original post by jam277
Dw I think you lot will make 2nd or 3rd place. Nothing lower than that.

this is getting so stale now...
Original post by Lúcio
this is getting so stale now...

I mean you lot should make 2nd or 3rd place.

Soton will probably drop.
Arsenal are terrible and Sanchez will go back to being the pile of **** I envisaged him to be in the second half of the season.
City are just lol.
Original post by jam277

Arsenal are terrible and Sanchez will go back to being the pile of **** I envisaged him to be in the second half of the season.
City are just lol.

Want to bet he doesn't? Also at what point in his career was he a pile of crap? At Udinese? At Barca? You chat utter **** sometimes...

To be a pile of crap he'd have to be scoring own goals and making mistakes leading to goals anyway to cancel out his current form.
Guardian report that Origi wants to join us in January instead of waiting until the season end.
To be honest I don't blame him - he can see just how bad our strikers are right now and this really is a great opportunity for him to show us what he can do and secure a solid place in our squad.

Of course Lille remain the obstacle.
As mentioned above, the deal was only done because we allowed him to stay for a year, therefore I'm sure a good amount of compensation would have to be payed for us to get him early.

Not sure how reliable the Guardian is as a source but if it is true, that's fairly promising! :smile:
Original post by jam277

City are just lol.

Why "should" we?
We don't have the second or third best team.

Arsenal are bloody awful with the exception of sanchez but they're still better than us.
Again with city, they won't win the title but they're still better than us.

I agree that soton will eventually drop but they have one hell of a lead.

It just seems like you're building us up for lols because the league is getting too boring with your team being so dominant...
Original post by Lúcio
Guardian report that Origi wants to join us in January instead of waiting until the season end.
To be honest I don't blame him - he can see just how bad our strikers are right now and this really is a great opportunity for him to show us what he can do and secure a solid place in our squad.

Of course Lille remain the obstacle.
As mentioned above, the deal was only done because we allowed him to stay for a year, therefore I'm sure a good amount of compensation would have to be payed for us to get him early.

Not sure how reliable the Guardian is as a source but if it is true, that's fairly promising! :smile:

I imagine we would soften the blow by sending either Borini or Balotelli to them for the remainder of the season too.
I think Origi is doing "okay" at Lille - not brilliantly - maybe not even that according to a friend who supports Lille. I would rather we stick to the long term plan and besides piling on so much pressure on such a young lad will not end well.

If you want immediate results, you need to buy proven talent.

He's got 3 from 11 and one was a penalty? or was it two? Also he hadn't really nailed his position as a starter until this season and even then he's started 8/11 games and missed 3 games (one from injury I believe). The last time he won a game with Lille was on 27th September.. Lille are doing even worse than us :colondollar:

Oh and I'm pretty sure Lille said no.
Not surprising considering in 14 games, they have scored 7 goals - 3 of them coming from Origi, the next closest "leading" goalscorer has 1 goal.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zerforax
I imagine we would soften the blow by sending either Borini or Balotelli to them for the remainder of the season too.

I don't see why that wouldn't be a decent deal for them?
Balotelli has been dire but I think he could overpower the opponents and do well in the French league for a while.
It's more likely we'd send Borini though unfortunately :/

Lille are in a nice position - they know we're arguably desperate for a decent Sturridge fall back option so they can try to get something good out of this.
Original post by GorlimtheUnhappy
I think Origi is doing "okay" at Lille - not brilliantly - maybe not even that according to a friend who supports Lille. I would rather we stick to the long term plan and besides piling on so much pressure on such a young lad will not end well.

If you want immediate results, you need to buy proven talent.

He's got 3 from 11 and one was a penalty? or was it two? Also he hadn't really nailed his position as a starter until this season and even then he's started 8/11 games and missed 3 games (one from injury I believe). The last time he won a game with Lille was on 27th September.. Lille are doing even worse than us :colondollar:

Oh and I'm pretty sure Lille said no.
Not surprising considering in 14 games, they have scored 7 goals - 3 of them coming from Origi, the next closest "leading" goalscorer has 1 goal.

3 in 11 is better than the 0 league goals our three available strikers have...

Origi isn't just gonna set the world alight but at least he has shown sparks internationally and hopefully we can transfer that confidence to club level.
I think the main thing is that a kid his age will try hard - he needs to go all out to do th best for his career.
Original post by Lúcio
3 in 11 is better than the 0 league goals our three available strikers have...

Origi isn't just gonna set the world alight but at least he has shown sparks internationally and hopefully we can transfer that confidence to club level.
I think the main thing is that a kid his age will try hard - he needs to go all out to do th best for his career.

His arrival won't noticeably improve our season with a 3 in 11 record. Developing in a structured manner is really important - remember he's younger than Sterling by ~ 5 months. He hasn't trained with us and he hasn't had the opportunity to adapt to our league - I imagine his link up play with Sterling, Sturridge etc will be what makes him such a good player for us but he hasn't had the chance to even play with these players.

As LFC supports we have to accept the club chose to invest in our future - you shouldn't expect or even strive for a spectacular performance in the league this season.
Lol at people mentioning Origi as a potential solver of your problems.

Guys finishing is terrible and while he has technique he's dodgy on the ball. All he is is a fast black man, real talk if he comes in and starts he's going to look like Yaya Sanogo. People are letting the likes of Gervinho, Hazard, Cabaye cloud their judgement of this guys ability.
Original post by Pete_91
Want to bet he doesn't? Also at what point in his career was he a pile of crap? At Udinese? At Barca? You chat utter **** sometimes...

There was a point where Sanchez scored his first league goal in February for Barca, in the 2012/13 season.

If that's not being an utter pile of crap then I don't know what is. I guess Ozil in 2014 has done great.

I said he's start playing like a pile of crap, not that he is a pile of crap. Stop listening to Zurich, also after Ozil don't think you lot should be so confident Sanchez will keep up this form.
(edited 9 years ago)
If Origi provides that movement we have been missing, puts in a better shift than Balotelli aswell as learning to ****ing stay onside, then I would take him in Jan. He doesn't need to bag loads of goals himself, just create space for others to score because none of our midfielders have any space at all atm.
(edited 9 years ago)
Origi lol.

Jelle Vossen's a better forward.

Bye bye Brendan.
Original post by Bubzeh
Origi lol.

Jelle Vossen's a better forward.

Bye bye Brendan.

Would you rather stick with Balotelli?
Original post by samir12
Would you rather stick with Balotelli?

They've spent enough on Forwards. If I was a Liverpool Fan I wouldn't want the embarrassment of another big money failure.
Original post by Bubzeh
They've spent enough on Forwards. If I was a Liverpool Fan I wouldn't want the embarrassment of another big money failure.

Origi is already ours so we won't need to spend more money :s-smilie:

What I'm saying is would you rather stick with Balotelli or bring in Origi in Jan?
Original post by samir12
Origi is already ours so we won't need to spend more money :s-smilie:

What I'm saying is would you rather stick with Balotelli or bring in Origi in Jan?

To draft Origi in for January, it'll be another 5-10 million. Which won't happen by the way. The agreement was in place for a reason.

And what I'm saying is stop trying to throw cash at every minor problem despite having spent on Lallana, Lazar, Balotelli and Lambert.

****ing hell. I remember the days of Torres and Voronin as the only two recognised forwards.

I hate Football. I hate John Henry. I hate Liverpool.
Original post by Bubzeh
To draft Origi in for January, it'll be another 5-10 million. Which won't happen by the way. The agreement was in place for a reason.

And what I'm saying is stop trying to throw cash at every minor problem despite having spent on Lallana, Lazar, Balotelli and Lambert.

****ing hell. I remember the days of Torres and Voronin as the only two recognised forwards.

I hate Football. I hate John Henry. I hate Liverpool.

Source? We could just give them Borini in exchange. Why do you keep on posting in the football section let alone the Liverpool thread if you hate football so much.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samir12
Source? We could just give them Borini in exchange. Why do you keep on posting in the football section let alone the Liverpool thread if you hate football so much.

I read something somewhere that claimed Lille was totally opposed to a January recall as early as August but money talks... afaik it was on *cough*lfcreds .

Quick Reply

Latest