The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elishaclark2
So nervous to hear from St John's, but so glad that the number of applicants has gone down from 117 last year to 72 this year! :smile: anyone else waiting to hear from John's?

Yes!! It's so terrifying... I think I remember reading somewhere that they plan on interviewing something like 62 people (which would be lovely). :biggrin:
Original post by clever1diot
Yes!! It's so terrifying... I think I remember reading somewhere that they plan on interviewing something like 62 people (which would be lovely). :biggrin:

Hey :biggrin: wow, 62 people would be amazing! When do you think we'll hear back? :smile: The anticipation is killing me!
Reply 262

Hey :biggrin: wow, 62 people would be amazing! When do you think we'll hear back? :smile: The anticipation is killing me!

After BMAT results is when they send out invites to interview. I'm happy too that it has reduced! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 263
So nervous to hear from St John's, but so glad that the number of applicants has gone down from 117 last year to 72 this year! :smile: anyone else waiting to hear from John's?

hi how can yyou find out how many other colleges got?
Original post by theboom
hi how can yyou find out how many other colleges got?

http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/statistics/
Original post by piofernix
How can they offer an interview without BMAT results, what if someone gets an interview and happens to have really low BMAT score?

I hav an interview already as well... they wont just deny u ur interview if u do rlly badly, but ull just have a lower chance of getting in after ur interview. I guess they weigh up all ur academics etc after the interview and thrn giv offers according to ur interview, bmat, ums etc. So itll just impact their decision on whether to giv u an offer or not

Original post by a123a
After BMAT results is when they send out invites to interview. I'm happy too that it has reduced! :smile:

Well then I'd assume that they get the Bmat results when we get them. Great... Another week to wait! :frown:
Just got an interview invitation for Churchill woo!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will there be any science questions at the interview? And is it just to A level point?
Original post by Ama2007
Will there be any science questions at the interview? And is it just to A level point?

Lol, of course there will be science questions at the interview. :p:

Revising what you've done in your science subjects would be useful preparation.
Original post by sammann123
Just got an interview invitation for Churchill woo!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! Now that there are only 39 medics applying to churchill this year, i think i might have a chance! When is your interview?
Original post by ucasunderdog
Me too! Now that there are only 39 medics applying to churchill this year, i think i might have a chance! When is your interview?

I saw that too haha, my heart leapt! 11th of December at 16:30. You? Is it weird that they're giving them out before BMAT results?
Original post by sammann123
I saw that too haha, my heart leapt! 11th of December at 16:30. You? Is it weird that they're giving them out before BMAT results?

Mines the exact same time haha, I might see you there. And yeah it is kinda weird that the bmat results haven't been released yet? Maybe we're the extra special candidates :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 273
Well then I'd assume that they get the Bmat results when we get them. Great... Another week to wait! :frown:

I think Cambridge get our BMAT scores at the same time we get them. Yeah it's another week to wait...:frown:
Original post by ucasunderdog
Mines the exact same time haha, I might see you there. And yeah it is kinda weird that the bmat results haven't been released yet? Maybe we're the extra special candidates :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Haha thats really weird, maybe they're interviewing people in pairs now:wink:! That would be nice, slightly worried they'll be disappointed when they find out what I actually got.
Reply 275
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a100_medicine_admissions_statist#incoming-570646

This may be interesting for St John's medicine applicants.
Reply 276

Wow! I was expecting a lot more 6/7s for people who got offers in their BMAT scores.
I have my a100 interview at Newnham college tomorrow! Such nerve wracking but exciting times!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chloe<3
I have my a100 interview at Newnham college tomorrow! Such nerve wracking but exciting times!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats quite soon! My interview's on 9th December...
Gd luck!!
Thanks master 219
You too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending