The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by johnabdul
Do they start considering applications once you've sent the eligibility criteria or wait till the 30th November deadline? Still need to get proof for my eligibility!

Don't know. But it won't make any difference to your application as interview invites don't go out until just before the interview!
Reply 361
Does anyone know they score the personal statements?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by M!lad
Does anyone know they score the personal statements?

Yes

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2733471&page=17&p=51521553#post51521553

Remember to check through this thread as questions get answered pretty quickly :yes:.
Reply 363
Original post by Neostigmine
Yes

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2733471&page=17&p=51521553#post51521553

Remember to check through this thread as questions get answered pretty quickly :yes:.

Ahh ok thanks, must have missed that, what are the 3 non-academic criteria?
I'm beginning to lose confidence 😣
Original post by M!lad
Ahh ok thanks, must have missed that, what are the 3 non-academic criteria?
I'm beginning to lose confidence

They're on the Soton website somewhere. Let me know if you can't find them and I'll look tomorrow. Half asleep at the m!
In addition to academic entry requirements, during the selection process, the selectors will look at your UCAS personal statement and reference for evidence of non-academic criteria.

You will be asked to demonstrate that you:

- have motivation and initiative
- are literate and articulate
- have the ability to demonstrate a commitment to becoming a doctor
Reply 366
Original post by adamz_malik
In addition to academic entry requirements, during the selection process, the selectors will look at your UCAS personal statement and reference for evidence of non-academic criteria.

You will be asked to demonstrate that you:

- have motivation and initiative
- are literate and articulate
- have the ability to demonstrate a commitment to becoming a doctor

Thanks 😅 😅
Reply 367
Original post by Neostigmine
They're on the Soton website somewhere. Let me know if you can't find them and I'll look tomorrow. Half asleep at the m!

Found it, thanks
Reply 368
To those who've sent off their forms, did you receive an actual confirmation or was it an auto reply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TCO
To those who've sent off their forms, did you receive an actual confirmation or was it an auto reply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got both. First an autoreply, and then a confirmation a few days later.
Has anyone retaken their AS year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crazya96
Has anyone retaken their AS year

Posted from TSR Mobile

This makes applying tricky as they won't accept anyone taking a levels over 3 years without good reason. However as resits in a2 is fine.
I returned my form 9 days ago and haven't received an acknowledgement email, I know I shouldn't be worried just yet but it does make me anxious. I should really be focusing on getting the grades... :s-smilie:
Reply 373
Does anyone of the Eligibility Criteria Form. I did a mistake on mine and I cant find the email that had the Eligibility Criteria from to print it again.

Thank you
Original post by sabi06
Does anyone of the Eligibility Criteria Form. I did a mistake on mine and I cant find the email that had the Eligibility Criteria from to print it again.

Thank you

I think i've attached it
Reply 375
Original post by johnabdul
I think i've attached it

Thank you so much :smile:
hi guys,

When will applicants hear if they have been rejected or not for this course? I know interviews will be around feb!
Aroun early February as the info is given 2 weeksish before the interview date.
Original post by medicinehope
Aroun early February as the info is given 2 weeksish before the interview date.

So long away! :nooo:
Reply 379
Have people received confirmations that they passed the primary screening i.e. met the eligibility criteria?

Latest

Trending

Trending