The Student Room Group

2015 Physics Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Planckton
Ah that's awesome!! I'm so excited now!

ahh good! I really really love manchester, so excited to think I will probably be there in a years time
Original post by rachelc142
ahh good! I really really love manchester, so excited to think I will probably be there in a years time

That is so cool! My sister's there and she loves it :smile:
Reply 442
Original post by StarvingAutist
He's a nice guy. Don't get the wrong Ian though; here are a few in the department. Apparently being called Ian is an advantage there.
Good luck :smile: I'd suggest Lancaster but I suppose I'm biased :tongue: Nottingham seems nice too; I enjoy Sixty Symbols and the professors seem pretty enthusiastic. I wish I'd applied there haha

That could get confusing - multiple Ians. Thank you, and to you! Lancaster was probably the most impressive university for physics I think but Nottingham was my favourite overall. I'll see what I think when I have all my offers :smile:
Original post by wmavfc
That could get confusing - multiple Ians. Thank you, and to you! Lancaster was probably the most impressive university for physics I think but Nottingham was my favourite overall. I'll see what I think when I have all my offers :smile:

Yeah, one of them is Australian though so you can tell him apart :tongue: Heh, I'll probably need all the good luck I can get, so thanks! Lancaster is great, and I love how nerdy the students seem; especially the low-temperature lot. Decisions, decisions!
Original post by DanRigg96#
Thought I'd start a thread where us Physics buddies can share about Universities and courses we're looking at and interested in etc!
A few questions to get started:
-Where you live?
-A Levels chosen and predicted/hopeful AS and A2 grades?
-Branches of physics you're interested in?
-Universities you're looking at/favouring?
-Specific course(s) you're planning on applying for?

Adam Lunnon
Hertfordshire
Maths, Further Maths and Physics
Predicted AAA
Astro,Particle Physics
Physics Bsc at; Bristol, Southampton, Exeter, Surrey, Leicester.

Been invited for visit day at Southampton next Saturday. Received offers for Surrey (AAB) and Leicester (Unconditional)
Got my interview at imperial on the 27th :smile:

offers from Bath & Edinburgh 2nd year both A*AA, interview at manchester on the 20th :biggrin:
Got an unconditional offer from sheffield for physics and astrophysics. What a huge relief!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cryptixla
Got an unconditional offer from sheffield for physics and astrophysics. What a huge relief!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exeter rejected you and Sheffield gave you an unconditional??
That's such a weird mix! 😂 Well done anyway man!
Reply 448
Original post by cryptixla

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought unconditional offers were virtually unheard of for people still to do A2s but seeing them all over the place, congrats man!

Got an offer from Nottingham through the post. They say standard offer is A*AA but they would like to 'treat my application individually to make sure the offer is right' and have invited me to a visit day in February so we shall see lol

offers from Bath & Edinburgh 2nd year both A*AA, interview at manchester on the 20th :biggrin:

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wmavfc
I thought unconditional offers were virtually unheard of for people still to do A2s but seeing them all over the place, congrats man!

Got an offer from Nottingham through the post. They say standard offer is A*AA but they would like to 'treat my application individually to make sure the offer is right' and have invited me to a visit day in February so we shall see lol

My friend got this too :smile:
Congratulations! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :tongue:
Applied to do Physics with Astrophysics at Nottingham, Exeter, Leicester, Kent and Edinburgh last week. How long do these universities normally take to reply?
Reply 453
Original post by aleishahogan
Applied to do Physics with Astrophysics at Nottingham, Exeter, Leicester, Kent and Edinburgh last week. How long do these universities normally take to reply?

Exeter replied to me after a few days, Nottingham a couple of weeks but I assume it varies for everyone depending on your application. Can't help you with the other 3 unfortunately
Reply 454

Good luck! My Imperial interview was really enjoyable. It's good that you have Manchester first, where the interview doesn't matter too much to prepare you for it :smile:
Original post by wmavfc

Hey thanks! Honestly didn't know unconditional offers were so obscure! :O I have no idea(and surprised) on how I got it really..because I don't take As(I thought the unconventionality will give me a huge disadvantage) I am actually in my final year in my diploma in aerospace engineering...I always assumed they would prefer to see my final cumulative results as the results could jump around from semester to semester. Hahaha so I'm definitely unsure on how the schools decide on whether one gets a conditional or an unconditional!

All the best with that man! Did your predicted grades meet their standard offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DanRigg96#
Exeter rejected you and Sheffield gave you an unconditional??
That's such a weird mix! 😂 Well done anyway man!

Omg i know right. Its really weird! 😂But thanks man! All the best with yours as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Oh thats great! Glad it went well :smile: how soon after did you get an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Within 24 hours. Xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for Physics at Oxford, Physics with Nuclear Astrophysics at Surrey (Conditional offer AAA), Astrophysics at UCL, Physics with Astrophysics at Leicester (Unconditional) and Physics with astrophysics with a year in the USA at Kent (ABB).

I'm predicted A*AAA in Physics,maths, chemistry and computing. With my biggest regret not taking further maths!
Original post by alow
Good luck! My Imperial interview was really enjoyable. It's good that you have Manchester first, where the interview doesn't matter too much to prepare you for it :smile:

Thanks! I'm actually more excited than nervous :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending