The Student Room Group

Favourite music videos

What are your favourite music videos, and why?

Scroll to see replies

Nicki Minaj - Anaconda
Reply 2
Moby - Natural Blues

Its always had a creepy vibe to it as does the song itself which I like but it used to creep me out a lot when I was a kid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Theres a couple i like:
complicated by avril lavigne
crashed the wedding by busted
that girl by mcfly
...and why? Is it the goofiness, the dancing, the cinematography? Which video is your favourite?

Mine has to be either Weigh Me Down by Lorn, for that amazing animation:

Or I Won't Let You Down by OK Go, for the amazing ending:

Your turn! :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by sarcasmrules
...and why? Is it the goofiness, the dancing, the cinematography? Which video is your favourite?

It's got to be the Your Favourite Martian music videos. Sorry, I can't narrow it down to one song because they're all cool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Moby - Natural Blues

Because the music video and the song both have a creepy feel to it and the creepiness of them has stuck with me since childhood.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
It's got to be the Your Favourite Martian music videos. Sorry, I can't narrow it down to one song because they're all cool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aaah, fair enough.
Original post by Spock's Socks
Moby - Natural Blues

Because the music video and the song both have a creepy feel to it and the creepiness of them has stuck with me since childhood.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's very haunting. This my favourite Moby song, so beautiful.
Reply 8
From The Inside - Linkin Park
one more time - daft punk

Kimbra- Come into my head. I loved the representation of perceived abnormality and the idea of feeling trapped.

Bombay bicycle club- carry me. Just very eye catching and edgy.

Kiesza.. her first single, cant remember what it was called. The dancing was rather fresh.
Reply 11
This
Reply 12
Aaah, fair enough.

Might go with Orphan Tears
Favorite of all time is Muse - Knights of Cydonia but recently Take Me To Church by Hozier

The only music video that ever made me cry. If you've never seen it, it's worth checking out ... the song is about writing songs and the shared pain between the writer pouring his heart out and the listener who feels the same and how it eases it a bit knowing someone else out there feels the same.

The video is about a record and it's very emotional if you pay attention to the journey that this record goes on over the years and how it affects the emotions of the people who come to own it in different ways. :smile:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Moby - Natural Blues

Its always had a creepy vibe to it as does the song itself which I like but it used to creep me out a lot when I was a kid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG That's one of my favourites too! So haunting...
This one (also of Moby) makes even this tough dude cry.
[VIDEO="youtube;TbGUrNtoRC4"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbGUrNtoRC4[/VIDEO]
Original post by yellowcopter
Nicki Minaj - Anaconda

Eew, get out.
Original post by IanDangerously

The only music video that ever made me cry. If you've never seen it, it's worth checking out ... the song is about writing songs and the shared pain between the writer pouring his heart out and the listener who feels the same and how it eases it a bit knowing someone else out there feels the same.

The video is about a record and it's very emotional if you pay attention to the journey that this record goes on over the years and how it affects the emotions of the people who come to own it in different ways. :smile:

Although it's not my style of music, that was an instant hit for me. Thank you. :smile:
Oh also Evil by Interpol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anyone's still here, I'd also suggest Waiting by Dash Berlin. I just think it's very artistic, and goes well with the song.
But more so, Ghosts n' Stuff by deadmau5. People have said that it lacks a meaning, but I was more analytical of its actually rather important lyrics, and the music video supports said importance further.

Quick Reply

Latest