The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary have made a decision, but how do I find out what it is?

Hi,

I sent my UCAS application on Wed 8 Oct, I've got two offers from City University London last Friday for Computer Science and Business Computing Systems

I also applied to Queen Mary for Computer Science with Mathematics but on their "MySIS", the status of my application is:

"The department have returned your application to Admissions with a decision and/or a query"

What does this mean? I first saw this on Monday morning and nothing has changed on Track.

Other university I applied to were Kings College and Royal Holloway
Reply 1
Original post by MUL1188
Hi,

I sent my UCAS application on Wed 8 Oct, I've got two offers from City University London last Friday for Computer Science and Business Computing Systems

I also applied to Queen Mary for Computer Science with Mathematics but on their "MySIS", the status of my application is:

"The department have returned your application to Admissions with a decision and/or a query"

What does this mean? I first saw this on Monday morning and nothing has changed on Track.

From the way I read it either there's something they aren't quite sure about your application or you should hear back within a couple of days on the decision they've made, I assume they've sent it to the admissions dept. for them to notify UCAS of their decision.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Thanks, how long should it wait until I should be worried?
Reply 3
Original post by MUL1188
Hi,

do check the Queen Mary's portal for any updates on a regular basis. if nothing flags up then email the uni with your query. in the past, students have wasted one or sometimes 2 of their uni choices for failing to provide additional material to the said uni so as to allow the uni to come to a decision.
Reply 4
I have just checked the portal and the status has changed to:

"A decision has been made on your application, This will be transmitted to UCAS shortly and you can expect to receive an update via UCAS in the coming days"

I cant wait!
Original post by MUL1188
I have just checked the portal and the status has changed to:

"A decision has been made on your application, This will be transmitted to UCAS shortly and you can expect to receive an update via UCAS in the coming days"

I cant wait!

Hi i've also got that update this morning. Have you heard back from them via track yet? Also if yes, how long did it take? thanks!!
Original post by h_1411
Hi i've also got that update this morning. Have you heard back from them via track yet? Also if yes, how long did it take? thanks!!

hey, have you been notified anything yet? I don't know how long to wait.
I applied on Sunday night, and Queen Mary received my application on Tuesday, and I've had this message 'The department have returned your application to Admissions with a decision and/or a query' since Thursday :confused:
Original post by mostlyamicable
hey, have you been notified anything yet? I don't know how long to wait.
I applied on Sunday night, and Queen Mary received my application on Tuesday, and I've had this message 'The department have returned your application to Admissions with a decision and/or a query' since Thursday :confused:

hey i got a reply the same day, they offered me a place for economics. I think that may be to do with details you have entered on your UCAS, i cant think of anything else? I'm sure its nothing serious.
Reply 8
Sorry for late reply

I got an offer a few days after. You shouldn't get worried unless it has gone over two weeks.
Original post by h_1411
hey i got a reply the same day, they offered me a place for economics. I think that may be to do with details you have entered on your UCAS, i cant think of anything else? I'm sure its nothing serious.

still nothing :frown:
Original post by mostlyamicable
still nothing :frown:

They may be waiting for the other department to get back to them. You could ring them up if you're really worried about it
Reply 11
I applied for politics and history and have had 'The department have returned your application to Admissions with a decision and/or a query' since Monday... HOW LONG SHOULD I EXPECT TO WAIT?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending