The Student Room Group

French GCSE Speaking Answers

Hi,

I've just joined this forum and I'm sorry if this is against rules or in the wrong section but can someone help me improve my French answers? Thank you so much.

Tu préfères les vacances à la mer ou en vile et pourquoi?
Je préfère les vacances à la mer parce qur j'aime relaxante à la place et nager dans la mer. Par contre, je déteste le coup de soleil car tous mes amis bronzage.

Quelles seraient tes vacances idéales?
Pour moi, les vacances idéales seraient d'aller en Amérique avec ma meilleure amie. Je resterais pour un mois parce que je pourrais irai sur voyage la route (go on a road trip through the states, I know I wrote it wrong) près de les États-Unis. D'après moi, ces vacances seraient idéales parce que (I will be able to see a lot of magnificent views and learn about new cultures.

I'm not sure how to say the last part in French without doing literal translation, so if anyone can help me out there, that would be amazing. Thank you again.
Reply 1
First one:
I prefer the beach holiday because I love the place and relaxing swim in the sea. On the other hand I find that it gives me sunburn. = Je préfère la plage de vacances parce que je adore cet endroit et vous détendre dans la mer. D'un autre côté, je trouve que ça me donne des coups de soleil.

Second:

Pour moi, les vacances idéales seraient d'aller en Amérique avec ma meilleure amie. Je resterais pour un mois parce que je pourrais irai sur voyage la route près de les États-Unis. D'après moi, ces vacances seraient idéales parce que Je serai en mesure de voir beaucoup de vues magnifiques et apprendre de nouvelles cultures.

Good luck!
Original post by RKM21
x

"je adore"?
Reply 3
Original post by EastGuava
"je adore"?

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what your going on about? :confused::confused::confused::confused:
Reply 4
I think that at a GCSE level that should suffice.
Original post by RKM21
I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what your going on about? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Would you ever say "je aime"?
Reply 6
@RKM21

I don't think you understand what I was trying to say with the first one haha!

I prefer holidays at the sea because I love relaxing on the beach and swimming in the sea. However I hate getting sunburnt because all my friends end up with a tan.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Oh, well that makes soon much more sense!
Reply 8
Original post by larabrileva
@RKM21

I don't think you understand what I was trying to say with the first one haha!

I prefer holidays at the sea because I love relaxing on the beach and swimming in the sea. However I hate getting sunburnt because all my friends end up with a tan.

Good point. Nice one!

Quick Reply

Latest