The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vorsah
Do you suggest I retake to get 320-340 points and then apply next year?

Have been rejected by any yet?

I'm pretty sure they ask for first sit marks, so if even if you did resit them they wouldn't consider you because you didn't get those grades the first time. Unfortunately it's incredibly competitive and this is just one of many ways they narrow down the applicants.
Original post by Anonynous
Yes, rejected by 5

Have you had any good news from any banks yet?
Original post by MathsNerd1
Have you had any good news from any banks yet?

RBS potential interview, rejected by ICAP post ac.. Nothing else
RBS potential interview, rejected by ICAP post ac.. Nothing else

That's not too bad, remember you only need one to get your foot in the door, so hopefully you'll get that!
To follow up on my previous post, can anbody say how important your uni is in getting a placement?
Original post by C7jnr
To follow up on my previous post, can anbody say how important your uni is in getting a placement?

It plays a factor, but if you're an exceptional applicant then you won't be dismissed just because of your university not being a target.
Yes, rejected by 5

Which ones have sent rejections?
Are there any IB recruiters here?
Yes, rejected by 5

Do you know the reasons why you were rejected?
That's not too bad, remember you only need one to get your foot in the door, so hopefully you'll get that!

Why do you say that? What does a SW guarantee?
Original post by Vorsah
Why do you say that? What does a SW guarantee?

It doesn't guarantee you anything, however if you perform well then you can be fast tracked onto a summer internship the next year. What it does show the banks is you have an interest for finance and have went out of your way to secure work experience in the sector.
Original post by President M.E.
Which ones have sent rejections?

UBS, CS, DB, ICAP, RBC

Because it's competitive
I haven't received an invite for a test with HSBC, do they actually test?

If so, I'm guessing they screen before test invite? Applied about 2 weeks ago...
UBS, CS, DB, ICAP, RBC

Because it's competitive

Ain't that the truth....
Original post by elvynboro

If so, I'm guessing they screen before test invite? Applied about 2 weeks ago...

Neither have I but they have given some out, so it shouldn't be too long
Has anyone heard anything after testing for UBS?
Original post by elvynboro

HR told me that there weren't any tests for their program, however someone mentioned it earlier in the month that he failed on the tests, or something like that, so I'm not sure what to believe.
HR told me that there weren't any tests for their program, however someone mentioned it earlier in the month that he failed on the tests, or something like that, so I'm not sure what to believe.

Yeah I don't think there is a test...

That's funny I spoke to their HR at my uni internship fair and they said there is a numerical test
Original post by testgenie1
Contact me if you would like help or answers to numerical/ verbal and logical reasoning tests (SHL & Kenexa)

Give me answers pl0x

Latest

Trending

Trending