The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

London and Cambridge too!... went for the 8th Jan for some breathing space though, and as an excuse for 2 big pints!
Original post by i'm no superman
Nice one! I opted to go to Imperial for the interview on 11th December.

I didn't want to do it before SJT or leave it till after Christmas at King's.

I agree. Same reasoning here. So my options would have been either Imperial or Barts (wouldn't want to trek to Brighton), and just opted for home ground on that basis. It really makes no difference where you go, but it's just a familiar place I guess. That, and it's the closest one to where I stay. It's also a Wed, which means I can technically get the rest of the day off placement.

:ninja:
Original post by Medicine Man
Thames interview here too - opted to do it on home ground too (17th Dec):smile:

heh, had no idea that you are a Bartsman, too! Interview on the home ground, too ;-)
Same here. Interview both at Cambridge and London.
Reply 204
hey guys, would anybody like to share some information regarding interviews in London? is it just one academic abstract and SJT type scenario? are there any clinical skills tested? much appreciated.
Original post by morphdoc
I guess my white box answers were better??
Perhaps but I doubt my white space answers were pants if I managed to get shortlisted for Thames! What a nice way to end the week! :hoppy:

How is everyone going about preparing for the abstract part of the interview?
Original post by iamawesomejoy
how did you do the 3 years anatomy demonstrator teaching experience when you are still a student?
I did well in anatomy in my pre-clinical years and applied for an anatomy demonstrator peer-tutoring job in the dissection room after second year and got the job. Pays well at ~£14/hour with one hour's preparation time paid for each session you sign up to teach.
I did well in anatomy in my pre-clinical years and applied for an anatomy demonstrator peer-tutoring job in the dissection room after second year and got the job. Pays well at ~£14/hour with one hour's preparation time paid for each session you sign up to teach.

impressive. I didnt know such thing exist. which university is that?
Perhaps but I doubt my white space answers were pants if I managed to get shortlisted for Thames! What a nice way to end the week! :hoppy:

How is everyone going about preparing for the abstract part of the interview?

Thames shortlisting selection takes a lot of things into consideration since you can get up to 15 points for extra curricular activities (presentations, prizes, etc), whereas cambridge shortlisting is based on white box answers and possibly CV (although their pack says its done according to the white box answers)
Nicely done to all!
Reply 210
Does anyone have any ideas about the structure of Cambridge's AFP interview? *hopeful*
impressive. I didnt know such thing exist. which university is that?
St George's. :smile:

I think quite a few medical schools have peer tutoring (e.g. clinical skills, anatomy demonstrating) job opportunities going for senior students...
I don't think it exists in Leic!
Reply 213
Me neither! Where have you applied for AFP.
is that question directed to me?
Reply 215
is that question directed to me?

Yep 😊
i didnt apply
Anyone else get an Oxford interview?
Original post by King Newt
Anyone else get an Oxford interview?

Me! I was shocked to get shortlisted tbh!
Has anyone heard back from Northern/West Midlands?

Latest

Trending

Trending