The Student Room Group

Would you date someone who was overweight?

Poll

Would you date an overweight person?

I'm not sure if I would but everyone has different preferences :smile:

I mean medically overweight btw

Scroll to see replies

Not personally. And I wouldn't want to date anyone if I was overweight either - I would feel very self-conscious (and I have been borderline obese in the past, so that didn't come from nowhere).

I don't think this is a bad attitude - I always defend large people, because I know what it feels like, but we can't help our physical attractions, and it is always possible to lose weight.

There seem to be plenty of couples involving overweight people though, so I'm sure the dating opportunities are there.
(edited 9 years ago)
If she's not a heathen whore they yeah, I'm pretty opened about date anyone. I would ask that they have some hygiene standard but nothing else after that.
No.

I'm afraid the health of myself and others close to me is quite important , in my household we make an effort to eat healthy meals and generally if one of my siblings is getting fat , we aren't afraid to tell each other .

There are also aesthetic implications that come with being overweight which I struggle to overlook.
Reply 4
Original post by Octohedral
Not personally. And I wouldn't want to date anyone if I was overweight either - I would feel very self-conscious (and I have been borderline obese in the past, so that didn't come from nowhere).

I don't think this is a bad attitude - I always defend large people, because I know what it feels like, but we can't help our physical attractions, and it is always possible to lose weight.

There seem to be plenty of couples involving overweight people though, so I'm sure the dating opportunities are there.

That's true. I've never been overweight either but I wouldn't want to date if I were like that (I'm sure they can find partners though, just a personal decision).
Reply 5
No.
Yes, my ex boyfriend was overweight though I never actually realised it. He looked pretty good and he looked healthy enough but turned out he was about 15lbs overweight.
Reply 7
Such hypocrisy going on in here. Everyone worried about their health so they're not going to date someone overweight. Yet no one is complaining about the health issues that may be associated with one night stands, snogging random people at parties, having a new bf/gf every other week and stuff like that!

LOL.
Yes, but not someone who's obese.

A bit of chub is nice to cuddle :blush:
Reply 9
Maid Marian
Yes, but not someone who's obese.

A bit of chub is nice to cuddle

Do you prefer overweight guys then? :smile:
Original post by Morrisseya
Do you prefer overweight guys then? :smile:

No ... I just said I would be happy to *date* them, so long as they're not TOO overweight.
Original post by WiFi
Such hypocrisy going on in here. Everyone worried about their health so they're not going to date someone overweight. Yet no one is complaining about the health issues that may be associated with one night stands, snogging random people at parties, having a new bf/gf every other week and stuff like that!

LOL.

That's because the thread is not about one night stands, snogging random people at parties, having a new bf/gf every other week and stuff like that. It is about overweight people. That is why overweight people are being discussed.
Original post by Maid Marian
No ... I just said I would be happy to *date* them, so long as they're not TOO overweight.

Ah, I thought you were implying that you preferred a bit of "chub." (I know some guys do).
What do you mean by overweight, I mean I'm probably classed as over weight as is my boyfriend but I wouldn't say we're massive. If we're talking like 5-10 stone overweight then maybe not.

Dating someone who can't look after themselves will only lead to disaster.
Original post by ILovePancakes
That's because the thread is not about one night stands, snogging random people at parties, having a new bf/gf every other week and stuff like that. It is about overweight people. That is why overweight people are being discussed.

He's a Muslim which is why I guess he doesn't like those sorts of things. Having said that if he wants to discuss them he is free to make a thread about it.
Reply 16
Original post by ILovePancakes

That is why I did not argue the validity of this thread but rather I made comments on the people who fear for their health when dating an obese person but are okay with their health with every other normal activity that goes on during student's life.
Reply 17
Original post by Morrisseya
He's a Muslim which is why I guess he doesn't like those sorts of things. Having said that if he wants to discuss them he is free to make a thread about it.

That is immature.. and extreme. What does religion have to do with anything?
No.
Original post by lyrical_lie
What do you mean by overweight, I mean I'm probably classed as over weight as is my boyfriend but I wouldn't say we're massive. If we're talking like 5-10 stone overweight then maybe not.

Overweight: a BMI over 25...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending