The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yawn!
Awful episode, and a total waste of Sanjeev Bhaskar. Don't know why he even did it.

omg it really was a waste of him! :sigh:
Original post by cupcakes87
omg it really was a waste of him! :sigh:

He was there for a very cheap, flat joke and then got pulled out of a plane, absolutely awful! Probably only did it for the healthy paycheck or to make it known the Cybermen and Master were targeting all ethnic groups!:erm:
Been watching season 3 a lot recently, Human Nature/Family of Blood, Blink, Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks and the John Simm episodes are fantastic. For me the best-written season so far and despite the abuse Martha gets, I think the post-Rose dynamic works really well.
Original post by St. Brynjar
Been watching season 3 a lot recently, Human Nature/Family of Blood, Blink, Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks and the John Simm episodes are fantastic. For me the best-written season so far and despite the abuse Martha gets, I think the post-Rose dynamic works really well.

I remember I really liked Martha; wasn't aware she was unpopular. (I was about 10/11 at the time it aired so never really saw anyone's opinions about Doctor Who online)

Blink is an incredible episode. It is the best "non-Doctor" episode by a country mile. & probably the second scariest episode after The Empty Child. Shame they sort of ruined the Weeping Angels in subsequent episodes.
Thoughts on Christmas trailer?

[video="youtube;MsxEenCBRG0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsxEenCBRG0[/video]
Original post by GorlimtheUnhappy

[video="youtube;MsxEenCBRG0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsxEenCBRG0[/video]

I think it's an awful idea. It's too silly for adults to like and it'll ruin the Santa myth for kids.

I think that actually looks really good! Funny jokes, and peaks my interest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think I can imagine that being a good episode, but the Christmas episodes are usually fluff anyway, so I'll watch it and be jolly :p:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I'm going to change it to how you felt about the season...never fear, GEG is here!

Woo new poll :biggrin:
The christmas episode looks entertaining and comedic but it doesn't look like a good episode of Doctor Who and it is hard to take Santa seriously because I think I have seen Nick Frost in too many films/shows and can see under the image of Santa Claus.
I'm just a bit too excited for the Christmas episode! :3

(It's Jeff guys! Or Geoff. Or...)
Decided to rewatch Dr Who from 2005 again. Love Eccleston as a Doctor :smile:
Original post by MrDystopia
Decided to rewatch Dr Who from 2005 again. Love Eccleston as a Doctor :smile:

I've been doing that too, I love the episode "Dalek"; " WHY DON'T YOU JUST DIE!!!".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it just me or was there no episode today?

Was looking forward to it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Is it just me or was there no episode today?

Was looking forward to it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're trolling right? You do know the series finished last week? ::facepalm:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by somemightsay888
You're trolling right? You do know the series finished last week? ::facepalm:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only started watching it the beginning of October...nobody told me :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I only started watching it the beginning of October...nobody told me :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Christ....:lolwut:. Well, you can go online and have a look at the episodes you missed, series 1-4 in particular :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by somemightsay888
Christ....:lolwut:. Well, you can go online and have a look at the episodes you missed, series 1-4 in particular :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I can't be bothered, I kind of get what's going on now. There's a funny Scottish guy with this assistant who's a little annoying and they go all over the galaxy doing stuff :biggrin: I have way too much schoolwork to catch up now :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah I can't be bothered, I kind of get what's going on now. There's a funny Scottish guy with this assistant who's a little annoying and they go all over the galaxy doing stuff :biggrin: I have way too much schoolwork to catch up now :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nooo you really have to watch series 1-4. Those were brilliant and you're truly missing out if you don't watch those. Whether Matt Smith's run as the Doctor was good is debatable, so you can choose to drop those if you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's more than that but that's the basic gist of it anyway :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest