The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Also on the pill, have done so but avoid it in any common frequency. The pill is 99.9% effective if taken in the theoretically perfect way, however I do not trust myself to be 100% consistent in line with the risk (however small) that poses; I'm far too forgetful for my own good.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Yes. I use the mini pill Cerazette. I have been on a few pills in my time but this one seems to be the best for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah and have done so for four years

i'm only on the pill , no issues yet touch wood :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by carabethh
Also on the pill, have done so but avoid it in any common frequency. The pill is 99.9% effective if taken in the theoretically perfect way, however I do not trust myself to be 100% consistent in line with the risk (however small) that poses; I'm far too forgetful for my own good.

So if someone cums inside you 1000x you are statistically bound to get pregnant?
I'm on the injection because I don't trust myself with the pill- missing days etc, I'm awful

This aint true btw
Reply 7

yeah pretty similar to me. I feel like even though I'm really good at taking my pill, I still can't help being worried about it!

Original post by Spock's Socks
Yes. I use the mini pill Cerazette. I have been on a few pills in my time but this one seems to be the best for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by hotliketea
yeah and have done so for four years

i'm only on the pill , no issues yet touch wood :smile:

Original post by abbiemac
I'm on the injection because I don't trust myself with the pill- missing days etc, I'm awful

Ah ok, thanks for your responses girls! So it sounds like the contraception you've all used has been effective :smile: definitely going to start trusting mine more now haha. Just you know when you don't physically prevent something, it's difficult not to worry about it!
Reply 8
There is more reasons to use condoms than pregnancy.
Whats his sexual history? If he's had previous partners, especially if they had unprotected sex I would insist upon a full STD screening.
Original post by Jebedee
So if someone cums inside you 1000x you are statistically bound to get pregnant?
No.

The statistic means that out of 1000 people using that form of contraception, 1 pregnancy is probable.

Like throwing a dice with 50% probability of landing heads or tails, heads may land 10 times in a row for one person whilst a tail may land first throw for another.

Same with the pill - an unlucky person may get pregnant first time (unlikely but still possible) whilst another may find it 100% reliable for the whole time they used it.
Reply 10
Original post by Ovid14
There is more reasons to use condoms than pregnancy.
Whats his sexual history? If he's had previous partners, especially if they had unprotected sex I would insist upon a full STD screening.

lol I'm well aware of that. We've both been tested and are clean, so my issue is with pregnancy.
Yes. I let my gf cum inside me.
Reply 12
Original post by amylouisenic
lol I'm well aware of that. We've both been tested and are clean, so my issue is with pregnancy.

That's great you are both clean now.
In regards to pregnancy there are many methods but not all will work well with your body sometimes you need to change over to something new. While you find out what works best then I would suggest continuing to use condoms until your confident in your contraception.
If you have been on the pill a while and all is fine there shouldn't be a problem.

Another concern, and I know many refuse to think of it believing their BF would never ever do it but clearly a lot do, is what if he cheats?
A lot of girls pick up an STD from a cheating BF.
Original post by uberteknik
No.

The statistic means that out of 1000 people using that form of contraception, 1 pregnancy is probable.

Like throwing a dice with 50% probability of landing heads or tails, heads may land 10 times in a row for one person whilst a tail may land first throw for another.

Same with the pill - an unlucky person may get pregnant first time (unlikely but still possible) whilst another may find it 100% reliable for the whole time they used it.

I guess that means it's similar to the condom then, in that the 1% that fails is mainly because of the idiots who put it on backwards and end up breaking it. Like the girls who forget to take it then blame the pill.
Reply 14
Original post by Casiolynn
When you're each other's first a screening is just unnecessary.

And don't start suggesting he's lying :wink:

That really would depend on your medical history for some a check would also be worth it.
Just because you may have been each others firsts doesn't mean everyone else reading this thread were virgins when they began a sexual relationship.
Reply 15
Original post by Ovid14
That's great you are both clean now.
In regards to pregnancy there are many methods but not all will work well with your body sometimes you need to change over to something new. While you find out what works best then I would suggest continuing to use condoms until your confident in your contraception.
If you have been on the pill a while and all is fine there shouldn't be a problem.

Another concern, and I know many refuse to think of it believing their BF would never ever do it but clearly a lot do, is what if he cheats?
A lot of girls pick up an STD from a cheating BF.

Lol, neither of us have ever been 'not clean'. I've been on the pill for 3 years and have never had an issue with it. I just worry about pregnancy and always have, despite never having a pregnancy scare. I was just wondering how confident other women are in their choice of contraception.

I trust my bf, and have no reason not to. So that's a non-issue here.
Reply 16
Original post by Casiolynn
When you're each other's first a screening is just unnecessary.

And don't start suggesting he's lying :wink:

thanks for supporting me here :wink: but we are neither of each other's first. I'm 22, and he's 29. I'm just a paranoid cow. lol.
Reply 17
Original post by amylouisenic
Lol, neither of us have ever been 'not clean'. I've been on the pill for 3 years and have never had an issue with it. I just worry about pregnancy and always have, despite never having a pregnancy scare. I was just wondering how confident other women are in their choice of contraception.

I trust my bf, and have no reason not to. So that's a non-issue here.

Thats fair enough. If I were you I would find out when you ovulate, for most its day 14 of your cycle but not for everyone, and use comdoms around that time. That would greatly decrease your chances of pregnancy.
Reply 18
Original post by Ovid14
Thats fair enough. If I were you I would find out when you ovulate, for most its day 14 of your cycle but not for everyone, and use comdoms around that time. That would greatly decrease your chances of pregnancy.

Ok, thanks for the advice :smile:
Original post by Jebedee

I think it means that out of each 1,000 sexual behaviours, one out of every 1,000 events that would have resulted in a pregnancy with no protection would still result in a pregnancy.

Bear in mind that women can only get pregnant for a couple of days out of each month (though most don't know which days these are so there's no point trying to work out how "safe" you are), and that even when conditions are perfect it's only about 30% likely that a pregnancy would occur.. the safety stats of contraception seems much better when you think about it like that.

Latest