Scroll to see replies

Original post by gortz1o1
At GCSE I'm doing
Maths
French
English (Lit+Lang)
Drama
History
Business Studies (WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE)
Triple science aka hell
RE

A levels I've chosen
Biology
Chemistry
English Lit
Music Technology

what about you?

GCSE
Maths (last year)
FSMQ maths
English (lang+lit)
Triple Science (CHEMISTRY- KILL ME)
French (as above)
Spanish
Latin
Classical Greek (so hard but I love it)
History

Next year: HL IB Maths, Physics and History SL English Lit, Spanish and Economics

Are you a prospective medic, then?
Original post by Romula
GCSE
Maths (last year)
FSMQ maths
English (lang+lit)
Triple Science (CHEMISTRY- KILL ME)
French (as above)
Spanish
Latin
Classical Greek (so hard but I love it)
History

Next year: HL IB Maths, Physics and History SL English Lit, Spanish and Economics

Are you a prospective medic, then?

Well, my dream is to be in the music industry whether it be as a musician or as a producer or even a label owner but the music industry is sooooo hard so I have to have a back-up plan and I've always been pretty good at science and it does really interest me so yeah if I haven't made a break through by uni time i'll definitely be doing either medicine or biomedicine depending.

Your options are really varied, what are your aspirations?
Well, my dream is to be in the music industry whether it be as a musician or as a producer or even a label owner but the music industry is sooooo hard so I have to have a back-up plan and I've always been pretty good at science and it does really interest me so yeah if I haven't made a break through by uni time i'll definitely be doing either medicine or biomedicine depending.

Your options are really varied, what are your aspirations?

I want to study experimental psychology- most universities require two of Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Biology, so I should hopefully be fine...
I don't want to study ecology for two years, and I love physics. And then I'm going to be a writer. I have academic commitment issues.
Original post by Romula
I want to study experimental psychology- most universities require two of Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Biology, so I should hopefully be fine...
I don't want to study ecology for two years, and I love physics. And then I'm going to be a writer. I have academic commitment issues.

Wowwwww, multitalented!
Wowwwww, multitalented!

Nope... just a coward.

Talk to medics and biomedics on TSR. Biomedicine sounds interesting (but not my thing)- medicine isn't for the faint -hearted though, and if you want to do it I recommend you start looking for work experience about now...
Original post by Peachy23
Is anyone here good at Spanish? I just need to see if I've written a sentence right :tongue:

Yes....
How difficult is Spanish at A-level, I do french and spanish at Gcse but at Gcse the listening and reading isn't complex and speaking and writing is memorised. I only started french at the start of year 10 and I'm getting B's but the fluency of spanish at a-level seems difficult.. and my other subjects i might choose with Spanish are further maths, maths, physics, chemistry or economics so would spanish be too time-consuming
Reply 2607
A random question, but I need an answer for my art gcse, what objects represent dreams? I need ideas for my final piece!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSAA9
A random question, but I need an answer for my art gcse, what objects represent dreams? I need ideas for my final piece!

Posted from TSR Mobile

A pillow or a blanket?
A brain? (because of your subconscious?)
Clouds and mist? (not really objects but still)

Does this help at all? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSAA9

Posted from TSR Mobile

A dream catcher!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2610
Original post by karmacrunch
A pillow or a blanket?
A brain? (because of your subconscious?)
Clouds and mist? (not really objects but still)

Does this help at all? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thanks that's really good,do u think candles can also relate with dreams? I would like to paint them but I don't know how I can relate it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSAA9
Ah thanks that's really good,do u think candles can also relate with dreams? I would like to paint them but I don't know how I can relate it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's all subjective. Paint a candle, say authoritatively how it symbolises the ethereality of dreams or some bull****, and they'll believe you.
Original post by SSAA9

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could make it how people have night lights when sleeping because they're afraid of the dark so link the candles to preventing nightmares :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could I just ask a quick question? :smile:
I'm going to do Further Maths for A Level next year and the top set Maths are doing Further Maths for GCSE. I'm in middle set but I asked if I could do it and they said that I could but if I do, I shouldn't do Maths IGCSE because it'll be too much work. So, I have the choice of doing Maths IGCSE or Maths GCSE and Further Maths GCSE. What should I do and what would be better? Thanks!
I'm going to do Further Maths for A Level next year and the top set Maths are doing Further Maths for GCSE. I'm in middle set but I asked if I could do it and they said that I could but if I do, I shouldn't do Maths IGCSE because it'll be too much work. So, I have the choice of doing Maths IGCSE or Maths GCSE and Further Maths GCSE. What should I do and what would be better? Thanks!

I did Maths IGCSE last year, and I'm going to do HL IB Maths next year. From my experience (I'm doing FSMQ Additional Mathematics now), Maths IGCSE is not enough of a foundation to do Further Maths A Level. Maths and Further Maths GCSE has got to be more content than Maths IGCSE on its own, so I recommend you do that- and CV-wise, the 'Further' is going to be more impressive than the 'I'. That's just my opinion though- good luck with whatever you choose
Original post by Romula
I did Maths IGCSE last year, and I'm going to do HL IB Maths next year. From my experience (I'm doing FSMQ Additional Mathematics now), Maths IGCSE is not enough of a foundation to do Further Maths A Level. Maths and Further Maths GCSE has got to be more content than Maths IGCSE on its own, so I recommend you do that- and CV-wise, the 'Further' is going to be more impressive than the 'I'. That's just my opinion though- good luck with whatever you choose

Thanks! That's actually what I was going for but I wasn't too sure. I'd actually like to do IGCSE and Further Maths but according to my teacher it'd be too much work :/

Definitely maths and further maths :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! That's actually what I was going for but I wasn't too sure. I'd actually like to do IGCSE and Further Maths but according to my teacher it'd be too much work :/

Teachers have a long history of overestimating pupil work capacity. If your teacher says it'll be too much, they're probably right. Don't take undue risk😊
Original post by Romula
Oh, that sucks...

Well, of course it's up to you, but it sounds to me like you want to do English is that you want to prove to everyone how good you are at it at A Level (no offence intended; I have the exact same thing) but that's a dangerous reason to take a subject further. I did Latin GCSE because I was the best in my class in Year 9, and now I'm staring blankly at Virgil passages like everybody else. I'd do Spanish, because you don't know for sure whether you'll enjoy either subject, but you know Spanish is useful. But if you really like Eng Lit, go for it. It's two years of your life, after all 😊

Thank you, that's actually been really helpful! No, no I'm not offended, that's pretty much the truth because people expect me to do it! You seem really perceptive, have you ever thought about going into psychology or something haha :biggrin: you've given me some good advice and to be honest I think that given me the push I need to realise spanish is probably the right choice for me whether I'd do well in English or not :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Romula
Teachers have a long history of overestimating pupil work capacity. If your teacher says it'll be too much, they're probably right. Don't take undue risk

Original post by tryrevise
Definitely maths and further maths :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks both of you! It was definitely the choice I was going towards anyway - I just needed confirmation :tongue:

Latest