The Student Room Group

Your average ukip voter

Here is a video of your average young ukip voter speaking out against the mainstream cartel of parties https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRlyFaAadlI#t=393

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Spiffing.

How exciting, Hogweed and Pigeons.

:scrooge:
Reply 2
I hope you do understand that was a joke, the guy is acting, you can tell from his voice. Ironic considering your name. You left wing loons are really scraping the bottom of the barrel if this is your offensive on UKIP hahaha
(edited 9 years ago)
We need hundreds of millions of immigrants, simply because they do the jobs we don't want to do.

So what's the problem ?
average ukip voter white and angry lol
This makes me more likely to vote UKIP, I always assumed UKIP voters were angry blue colour workers who hate immigrants
I don't think anyone can be absolutely certain that the video is satire. It is quite reasonable to believe that UKIP have many supporters just like that.

Original post by yo radical one
This makes me more likely to vote UKIP, I always assumed UKIP voters were angry blue colour workers who hate immigrants

That's the other half. So far UKIP has managed to appeal to a fairly wide demographic. They cannot always be all things to all people. At some point, probably when/if they get some power and have to make proper decisions, they will have to decide who they will leave behind.
(edited 9 years ago)
UKIP is an idiot.
Reply 8
Judging a political party's merits based on the people who vote for them is totally backwards. How about voting for politicians you like, not for ones that stereotypical group X/Y/Z happen to like.
To be honest, the kind of person that guy is supposed to be satirising is almost certainly not going to be a UKIP supporter, until UKIP says what they are going to do about replacing the £3.3bn in farming subsidies that come from the EU under the Common Agricultural Policy. The larger landowners get more which means that rich toffs like that guy is supposed to be will be receiving a hefty cheque every year courtesy of the EU.

Now more than likely, if it came to it, to keep the rich landowners onside UKIP would say that the farmers would be compensated by still getting their payments, from the UK taxpayer rather than the EU. But until that guarantee is made I expect the countryside will remain Tory.
Original post by InnerTemple
I don't think anyone can be absolutely certain that the video is satire. It is quite reasonable to believe that UKIP have many supporters just like that.

The video is definitely satire. The music, the evident acting, the blunt reference to having illegal plants, the video description describing him as 'a perfect example of a true UKIP supporter' etc. It's quite amusing.
Original post by Reluire
The video is definitely satire. The music, the evident acting, the blunt reference to having illegal plants, the video description describing him as 'a perfect example of a true UKIP supporter' etc. It's quite amusing.
I really wish it was satire...
Original post by intelligent con
I really wish it was satire...

What makes you think it's not?
Original post by Dez
Judging a political party's merits based on the people who vote for them is totally backwards. How about voting for politicians you like, not for ones that stereotypical group X/Y/Z happen to like.

True, but if a party demands that decisions made by the government should reflect public opinion then I think it's important to consider the people who'd vote for that party.
Original post by Reluire
What makes you think it's not?
look at the comments from the uploader im pretty sure he's genuine
Original post by SHallowvale
True, but if a party demands that decisions made by the government should reflect public opinion then I think it's important to consider the people who'd vote for that party.

As Thatcher and Blair showed well, there are times you follow public opinion.. but there are also times you must lead it.
Hi there, I happened to stumble across this thread and I happen to be the uploader of this video. Oliver was a strong genuine UKIP supporter until recently because the legal team and the barrister of UKIP have just emailed us and phoned us demanding for me to take the video down as it represents UKIP in a 'bad light'. Please do share the video!!!!!! :biggrin: oh, and for those of you thinking it was a parody, it really was him being geniune... Yes he really does sound like that in real life!
Here is a video of your average young ukip voter speaking out against the mainstream cartel of parties https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRlyFaAadlI#t=393

Hi there, I happened to stumble across this thread and I happen to be the uploader of this video. Oliver was a strong genuine UKIP supporter until recently because the legal team and the barrister of UKIP have just emailed us and phoned us demanding for me to take the video down as it represents UKIP in a 'bad light'. Please do share the video!!!!!! :biggrin: oh, and for those of you thinking it was a parody, it really was him being geniune... Yes he really does sound like that in real life!
Reply 18
look at the comments from the uploader im pretty sure he's genuine

Wow I would say "gullible" but there is no word to describe how stupid you can be to think the video is legitimate.
Original post by Sebdaneb07

Has UKIP really done that? Has Oliver really been removed from the party because of the video? If so that is wrong.

I don't even see what the problem with the video is. He sounds posh, makes jokes about dead bodies, killing liberal, peeing into a glass. On those points I think it is in bad taste. However the two times he says something political I agree with him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending