The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
I'm the one organising it , so obviously i'm not gonna vote :tongue:

Thread of the year maybe? So Instinct's Arsenal meltdown thread was quite funny.

That's gotta be up there :laugh: Did nobody make a Liverpool related thread towards the end of the PL season? Surely that would've been comedy gold...
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
The Mario Gotze Award- Posters who defect from their club

Ravel Morrison Award- Posters who wasted knowledge, instead choosing to troll and display bitterness against certain clubs

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the Ravel Morrison award goes to between me and SUG.

But tbh I have one award in my sights and I think I won't get it. :frown:

It's not TSR d'or
Original post by jam277
I think the Ravel Morrison award goes to between me and SUG.

But tbh I have one award in my sights and I think I won't get it. :frown:

It's not TSR d'or

The Ravel Morrison award goes to someone else. You and I both know who it is.
Original post by sr90
I'm the one organising it , so obviously i'm not gonna vote :tongue:

Thread of the year maybe? So Instinct's Arsenal meltdown thread was quite funny.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2658529

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2654190

2 other golden threads :rofl:
The Ravel Morrison award goes to someone else. You and I both know who it is.

Disagree as this is based on the premise that set poster actually has decent knowledge.

Forgot about the Mourinho/Pulis one :laugh:

Brazil v Germany thread was pretty funny as well. So many gifs/puns/memes.
Original post by jam277
Disagree as this is based on the premise that set poster actually has decent knowledge.

Fair point actually.

Could also make a Paul Pogba award- poster who made a controversial post but proved everyone wrong.
Original post by sr90
Forgot about the Mourinho/Pulis one :laugh:

Brazil v Germany thread was pretty funny as well. So many gifs/puns/memes.

Jedinak and Matic both perform the same role. They intercept at roughly the same rate, Jedinak tackles significantly more (the only difference between the two players really, I guess Jedinak > £20m Matic), and they block shots, clear the ball and foul at roughly the same rate as well. Both are the fulcrum of the team, tasked with winning the ball back for their team and protecting their subpar defenders.

:lol:
Fair point actually.

Could also make a Paul Pogba award- poster who made a controversial post but proved everyone wrong.

I'd win tbh. Pretty much called all the big games in the league(bar Arsenal vs Liverpool and the manchester derbies, also said we'll thrash Arsenal when others said we'll go for a 0-0)
Original post by jam277
I'd win tbh. Pretty much called all the big games in the league(bar Arsenal vs Liverpool and the manchester derbies, also said we'll thrash Arsenal when others said we'll go for a 0-0)

That's fair enough but we need proof, quotes etc for evidence (I believe you btw but others maybe won't)

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's fair enough but we need proof, quotes etc for evidence (I believe you btw but others maybe won't)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I quoted 419 that Chelsea will thrash Arsenal, win 3-0 so not a 6-0 but with the teamsheets and Mourinho's record there was only one winner. He disagreed and said we'll park the bus and Arsenal will do the same.

I quoted the Liverpool Arsenal game and said that there was only one winner(liverpool in the 5-1 just go on the official match thread) due to their home record, Sturridge and Suarez going ham and Arsenal generally being big game bottlers away from home.

Also predicted a Chelsea win for months against Liverpool(SUG caught me up on this) and thought Liverpool and Chelsea were the only teams capable of beating City away.

However the pogba award isn't what I'm looking at, or the TSR d'or lol. I've been aiming for a specific award this year.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah so Pogba award is decided.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277

However the pogba award isn't what I'm looking at, or the TSR d'or lol. I've been aiming for a specific award this year.

Trying to steal that Nadine Kessler Award from us females? :wink:

I know I say this every year but when it's the time of the awards I realise I know very little of other posters as I never know who to vote for. I tend to hide away with my European / World thread, although this year I say I've ventured out a little but still none the wiser when it comes to voting!
Original post by ra-ra-ra
Trying to steal that Nadine Kessler Award from us females? :wink:

I know I say this every year but when it's the time of the awards I realise I know very little of other posters as I never know who to vote for. I tend to hide away with my European / World thread, although this year I say I've ventured out a little but still none the wiser when it comes to voting!

You can learn about me then. Hi, I'm IceJJFish the second, nice to meet you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277

I was the only person who called City v Chelsea last season. From what I remember even you were pessimistic for that one.

Do remember you saying you'd convincingly beat Arsenal though.
Only one award specifically dedicated to the females...
Original post by sr90
I was the only person who called City v Chelsea last season. From what I remember even you were pessimistic for that one.

Do remember you saying you'd convincingly beat Arsenal though.

Lol na I called it.

I was not pessimistic for City vs Chelsea. Said that only teams capable of beating City at the etihad were Chelsea and Liverpool. Liverpool were ruined by the ref and Chelsea beat them.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

Start a feminist thread about the sexism of having a female poster award inferring that they are inferior :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

There are 0 awards specifically dedicated to males though. Who's to say the girl posters don't win the other awards :tongue:
Original post by sr90
There are 0 awards specifically dedicated to males though. Who's to say the girl posters don't win the other awards :tongue:

So why have one dedicated to females? That's positive discrimination! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest