The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elcor
Ah right don't worry then, but it's pressure, gas density and average square of gas particles' velocities respectively. It will only make sense if a teacher goes through it with you really, or if you're really good at making big logical leaps when reading a derivation

Oh it's cos your p reminded me of the momentum p.

I'll read it again

How do you get from

U bar squared to 1/3 c bar squared
(edited 9 years ago)
I have no idea what any of this is...
Original post by L'Evil Fish
People have asked for a thread so here we go! We can discuss exam questions or general content if you need help.

I won't be revising for a while but if I can help, I'll try, means less revision for me in the summer if I help people earlier on (or if people explain to me!)

I think we've pretty much finished G484 except SHM maybe? I'll update this post with revision stuff.

G485 Thread

There you are.

tbf brah ocr a is the easier board from what I have seen in the papers for edexcel and cie.

How's physics going - m3 complements SHM well. But I am doing S3 kek :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
There you are.

tbf brah ocr a is the easier board from what I have seen in the papers for edexcel and cie.

S3? I'd rather die.

I'm kidding stats is actually quite interesting
Original post by Elcor
S3? I'd rather die.

I hated stats until I read up on Boltzmann, planck and the bose-einstein & fermi-dirac stats tables in quantum physics
That **** blew my mind

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by rachelc142
I hated stats until I read up on Boltzmann, planck and the bose-einstein & fermi-dirac stats tables in quantum physics
That **** blew my mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

B-but God does not play dice!
Original post by Elcor
B-but God does not play dice!

Lol!
If you enjoy maths that is the title of a great book by ian stewart :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
S3? I'd rather die.

I'd rather have sex with <7/10 than do micky mouse subjects like english literature.
Reply 48
I'd rather have sex with <7/10 than do micky mouse subjects like english literature.

Yeah well... you got wrecked by Star Horn Royal Club! (or was it OMG?)

That will make no sense to most people hah
Original post by Elcor
Yeah well... you got wrecked by Star Horn Royal Club! (or was it OMG?)

That will make no sense to most people hah

I don't play lol more of a starcraft II/ cod player myself, was my reference to that?

xd
Is the general consensus that a2 is easier than as then? Find that hard to believe!
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
Is the general consensus that a2 is easier than as then? Find that hard to believe!

Erm, no lol

I found g481 unbelievably easy and g484 fairly easy

If this answers your question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Erm, no lol

I found g481 unbelievably easy and g484 fairly easy

If this answers your question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, just saw people commenting on the first page saying AS units are harder.
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
Oh right, just saw people commenting on the first page saying AS units are harder.

They were talking about the other spec

In general its not too bad at all, but I didn't think the unit 1/mechanics stuff last year was bad at all.
ewp on the other hand I hated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
We've done the first but not the second and I do specifically remember him saying "you don't need to know this I just think its interesting and helps you understand it more"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Elcor
Has anyone's teacher gone over the actual mathematical proof that p=(1/3)(rho)c^2, or E=(3/2)kT? Ours has -- not 100% certain it's required for Newtonian as it's not in the spec.

In case you want notes on proof for the E=(3/2)kT equation, I have them on my physics notebook. My board is obsessed with proving equations. I'll upload the proof tomorrow if you want, it's really simple.
They were talking about the other spec

In general its not too bad at all, but I didn't think the unit 1/mechanics stuff last year was bad at all.
ewp on the other hand I hated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right. Thanks :smile:
There you are.

Edexcel has multiple choice lmao

We haven't done SHM in maths mechanics yet, won't have for a while.

Physics is boring, and G485 isn't any better...
Edexcel has multiple choice lmao

We haven't done SHM in maths mechanics yet, won't have for a while.

Physics is boring, and G485 isn't any better...

I quite like g485! What have you done so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I quite like g485! What have you done so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just starting Cosmology.

See I love space and astrophysics... But it's so dull. Medical physics gonna be dull. Electricity gonna be dull. All ****
Just starting Cosmology.

See I love space and astrophysics... But it's so dull. Medical physics gonna be dull. Electricity gonna be dull. All ****

Ohh we haven't done that yet. The nuclear physics will be interesting, the fundamental particles chapter would be better if it was more than just learning them all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest