The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi, so I sent my UCAS application yesterday and received an email from LSE today saying that they will decide upon my offer within 12 weeks. What does that mean? And why are others having a 2-week or 8-week email instead? I applied for accounting and finance :smile: Thank you!
(edited 9 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Mariusk03
That's just the basic acknowledgement email, everyone gets that.. the 2 week email etc comes afterwards!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :colondollar::colondollar:
Really hope I don't have to wait a whole 8 weeks to hear. I'm not even through my first week since the 8 week email and ready to burst
Reply 823
Original post by GandalfWhite
Not really fair or accurate to compare with Oxbridge directly because one can only apply EITHER to Cambridge or to Oxford. Applicants would have applied to both if they were allowed. So, to be fair and accurate, one needs to add numbers from both universities to get a comparable number, for courses that are available in both universities. Oxford E&M has no equivalent in Cambridge and the ratio for that, just from the top of my head, is around 11:1. Essentially, LSE is as competitive as Oxford and Cambridge, in terms of numbers of applicants.

Thanks for your reply, I understand it now. How competitive are UCL and KCL, are they comparable to LSE?
Damn! Why is Politics an Philosophy so competitive? Why my course??? :frown:
Reply 825
TO EVERYONE WHOSE APPLYING FOR ECONOMICS AND ECONOMIC HISTORY: has anything actually happened yet?
Anyone applied for economic history? Got the 2 week email last week so should be hearing from them soon 😔 nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blvnk
Got an offer for management on thursday, good luck everyone!

Well done!!

What subjects do you do? and what AS did you get if you don't mind me asking?
Is it possible to get the 2 week email and then not get through to the 8 week email. Just seems a bit pointless having both, why not one 10 week email??
Reply 829
Original post by d37zoptimistic
So no one is applying for actuarial science lol, do gcses matter a lot ?? Got a* (maths) a (science ) a (science) b b b b b b c c c but predictes a* a a in maths chemistry biology at a level. What do you lot think?

Hey actuarial science applicant here :smile: hope we both get what we deserve
Original post by Hopsidooda
Is it possible to get the 2 week email and then not get through to the 8 week email. Just seems a bit pointless having both, why not one 10 week email??

It is possible, for example if your predicted grades are ridiculously low or something (i.e. they don't meet the minimum entry requirements).
Original post by Hopsidooda

The first two weeks are for the admissions assessor to figure out if you meet all the minimum requirements, so as to filter out all the hopefulls who do not. Then, your application is passed on to the admissions selector, which is when the 8 week email is sent.
Reply 832
Original post by Millerman
Well done!!

What subjects do you do? and what AS did you get if you don't mind me asking?

Maths, bio, Econ and RE; got 4As :smile:

you?
Original post by philerus
The first two weeks are for the admissions assessor to figure out if you meet all the minimum requirements, so as to filter out all the hopefulls who do not. Then, your application is passed on to the admissions selector, which is when the 8 week email is sent.

Forgive me for asking..

And then what happens????
Original post by Adriaan
Thanks for your reply, I understand it now. How competitive are UCL and KCL, are they comparable to LSE?

LSE is just a social science university whereas UCL and KCL are much more than social science and are well known as well as competitive in many other fields as well. If you are asking in regards to similar courses like LSE ... yes many are as competitive ... like Law and Economics ...
Original post by tazza ma razza
Forgive me for asking..

And then what happens????

And then you either get rejected, accepted or sent another email asking you to wait even longer, so that you are assessed against even more candidates who applied after that date.
Any PPE proposals?
Reply 837
Original post by normandi
How competitive is the accounting and finance course?

1/12 get an offer
Original post by Junnie
Hey actuarial science applicant here :smile: hope we both get what we deserve

Where else are you applying? How are your gcses, a levels?
Reply 839
Does the two week email come in exactly 2 weeks?

Quick Reply

Latest