The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr-96
Why are you leaning towards LSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Less knobs haha
Original post by Follett
They're great grades. People get into Cambridge with much lower than that. You're on for 560 ucas points which is above average

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers mate :smile:
Original post by Skill Twix
Do UCAS points really matter?

Not really, but the average of someone doing economics at Cambridge will be around 520

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by benpeters
you'll be lucky to get in with that- they're not that high tbh :frown: hope your PS is good enough to make up for them

if you think that isn't high you're dumb
Is anyone thinking of doing a degree in Economics with something else? I have an offer from Manchester to do International Business, Finance and Economics and I was just wondering if anyone else is considering doing similar courses :smile:
HI! I reaaally wanna do econ with finance! what are your stats?? :biggrin:
Original post by fps0606
HI! I reaaally wanna do econ with finance! what are your stats?? :biggrin:

You mean grades? I got ABC at AS and I'm predicted AAA (resitting my B and C). I do Psychology, Economics and Accounting. What about you? :smile:
Original post by andrewmitchell
if you think that isn't high you're dumb

Fair enough Andrew. At the end of the day it's down to the interview (once you get the interview), and from what 2 of my cousins told me (1 of which got in) they ask STEP questions to really test your maths out - this is clearly due to the economics course being quite dependent on mathematics at a high level (and obviously STEP is a lot harder than A2 Further Maths! Haha makes the A2 a walk in the park
Reply 1488
Original post by jchap9776
Less knobs haha

Haha I disagree:tongue:
Watch this its absolutely hilarious and you might change your mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovmHfMKHuY8
Original post by Aquatix96
You mean grades? I got ABC at AS and I'm predicted AAA (resitting my B and C). I do Psychology, Economics and Accounting. What about you? :smile:

I do Pre-U which is a two year course so don't have any AS's but I got 7A*s 3As and a B at GCSE. I'm predicted D3 M1 M1 (different grading system - translates as AAB). I've applied to Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Edinburgh and Newcastle. Very nervous I won't get any offers because of my bad predictions! :s. But my UCAS hasn't even been sent off yet. Where have you applied?
Original post by sr-96

Such class banter my friend
Original post by sr-96

This video is side splitting!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
The avatars are kinda creepy though.
Reply 1492
Such class banter my friend

Are you being sarcastic? Lol I can't tell.
Original post by fps0606
I do Pre-U which is a two year course so don't have any AS's but I got 7A*s 3As and a B at GCSE. I'm predicted D3 M1 M1 (different grading system - translates as AAB). I've applied to Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Edinburgh and Newcastle. Very nervous I won't get any offers because of my bad predictions! :s. But my UCAS hasn't even been sent off yet. Where have you applied?

I've applied to Manchester, Aston, Loughborough, Birmingham and Leicester. You have amazing GCSE's :O. I only got 1 A, 4 Bs and 6 Cs :/ (although there were mitigating circumstances)
Reply 1494
This video is side splitting!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
The avatars are kinda creepy though.

Haha tell me about it:tongue:
Original post by jchap9776
Cheers mate :smile:

Sorry if I upset you 'jchap', you did really well I was just trying to honest and realistic :smile:
I've applied to Manchester, Aston, Loughborough, Birmingham and Leicester. You have amazing GCSE's :O. I only got 1 A, 4 Bs and 6 Cs :/ (although there were mitigating circumstances)

What were these circumstances if you don't mind me asking

I didn't think accounting was a respected a level. Is it useful for anything??
What were these circumstances if you don't mind me asking

I had brain surgery due to an abcess in my brain (this also led me to missing 4 months of year 12)

What's your first choice? The school have agreed I've been under-predicted so will try relay that in my reference (hence the delay in my application). Do you (or anyone?!) think I have much chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending