you?

Maths, further, his and econ - 4A as well

is LSE your number 1?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 841
Original post by d37zoptimistic
Where else are you applying? How are your gcses, a levels?

Manchester east anglia ucl cambridge

gcse: 8a 8a*

as: aaabb
a2: a
Original post by h_1411
Anyone applied for economic history? Got the 2 week email last week so should be hearing from them soon 😔 nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for economic history and I've just started my 2 week email :/ if you don't mind me asking, what's your predicted grades and which subjects are you taking? :smile:
Original post by Chots
1/12 get an offer

Hahaha holy crap - i applied without even knowing this!!!
Original post by Chots
Does the two week email come in exactly 2 weeks?

No. Mine came in 10/11 days. They say two weeks so they have that much time to get back to you
Original post by mercieo
I've applied for economic history and I've just started my 2 week email :/ if you don't mind me asking, what's your predicted grades and which subjects are you taking? :smile:

I got the 8 week emai lalmost 2 weeks ago:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gcseboy1997
I got the 8 week emai lalmost 2 weeks ago:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you applying for economic history?
I applied for Politics, anyone heard anything?
Original post by mercieo
Are you applying for economic history?

Yep and economics and economic history

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mercieo

Hate waiting! My predicted grades are AAB - Maths, Geography and Economics wbu? Also are you applying for economics at other unis? :smile:
Original post by h_1411
Hate waiting! My predicted grades are AAB - Maths, Geography and Economics wbu? Also are you applying for economics at other unis? :smile:

Same! It's the last uni that I'm waiting for! I have the same but in economics, history and classics. I've applied for economics for all my other unis, and you?
Original post by mercieo
Same! It's the last uni that I'm waiting for! I have the same but in economics, history and classics. I've applied for economics for all my other unis, and you?

Hope we get the offer :smile: ! and same i'm waiting for 2 more offers (for economics)
Original post by kurofune
I'm applying for Economic History. Is it a relatively small course? (I'm an international student and I haven't been able to find ANYONE who is either going to apply for it or is currently studying it.)

hey im also applying for this course.
can you please answer this question about economic history http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2979641

also can i switch to pure economics as a masters degree after my bsc in economic history??
Can we just stop with the 'will I be accepted?' questions? We don't know. We can't answer you. Stop asking.
Original post by emilysmith123
can you please answer this question about economic history http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2979641

also can i switch to pure economics as a masters degree after my bsc in economic history??

Hi! I honestly have no idea-why not try asking LSE themselves? They might seem like the ones that can answer it best.
Original post by h_1411
Hope we get the offer :smile: ! and same i'm waiting for 2 more offers (for economics)

Same! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 857

To answer your last question: No, I don't think you can. As a BSc Economic History, you won't have enough background in quantitative methods and economic theory so as to do a standard masters in economics. You could do some sort of a postgraduate foundation in order to qualify for economics masters, though. There are different universities with different policies, so there might be other options, but the most likely situation is as outlined.
Original post by benq
To answer your last question: No, I don't think you can. As a BSc Economic History, you won't have enough background in quantitative methods and economic theory so as to do a standard masters in economics. You could do some sort of a postgraduate foundation in order to qualify for economics masters, though. There are different universities with different policies, so there might be other options, but the most likely situation is as outlined.

I know. the lse economics msc states if I do not have a quantative background then i must take 2 years in this i will complete a gmat and have understanding of the maths and take economics as msc.

can you please read this ALL the way to the bottom and make sure that what I said above is correct? i will appreciate it a lot

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/taughtProgrammes2015/MScEconomics.aspx red the sides and the bottom and the entire page
Reply 859
I know. the lse economics msc states if I do not have a quantative background then i must take 2 years in this i will complete a gmat and have understanding of the maths and take economics as msc.

can you please read this ALL the way to the bottom and make sure that what I said above is correct? i will appreciate it a lot

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/taughtProgrammes2015/MScEconomics.aspx red the sides and the bottom and the entire page

They say that if you don't have economic (not quantitative) background, then you need to take the two years route. Actually, they expect you to have some quantitative background, and more precisely "two semesters of university-level calculus or equivalent". I guess if you will be able to do this within your economic history degree, then you will be fine. I am not sure why you mentioned GMAT though - it isn't part of the program, it is an admission test.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending