The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90

Guessing you were too young for Beckham?

Every boy wanted to be Beckham or Owen.

I was yeah. Remember glimpses of 2002 World Cup and the worthington cup final we lost 2-0 (2002/2003?), but my first United memory that sticks with me was Leeds United winning at Highbury to gift us the title :biggrin: I really wish I was the previous generation, missed out on so many of our legends, especially Beckham and Cantona :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
And Henderson has a minor Hamstring injury according to Hodgson.

Also earlier today Mirror reported that we offered Johnson a 2-year contract worth half of his current salary.
Original post by Zürich
Who the **** wanted to be Owen tbh? One of the most unlikeable men in football, and always has been.

For Liverpool fans I think Fowler was the authentic scouse legend.Maybe Danny Murphy is you had self confidence issues.

Yeh he's largely hated now, but kids in the late 90's loved him.

Original post by IceJJFish(II)
I was yeah. Remember glimpses of 2002 World Cup and the worthington cup final we lost 2-0 (2002/2003?), but my first United memory that sticks with me was Leeds United winning at Highbury to gift us the title :biggrin: I really wish I was the previous generation, missed out on so many of our legends, especially Beckham and Cantona :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only got into football the summer King Eric retired. Gutted.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90

Ouch. Why did he retire at 30, injury problems or did he just have enough? Such a cool guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Technically I was 11 actually :wink:

Interestingly enough I've never really had my "favourite" player play for United other than, of course, our Portuguese legend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

By saying Portuguese legend are you referring to Bebe? :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
Who the **** wanted to be Owen tbh? One of the most unlikeable men in football, and always has been.

For Liverpool fans I think Fowler was the authentic scouse legend.Maybe Danny Murphy is you had self confidence issues.

Original post by sr90
Yeh he's largely hated now, but kids in the late 90's loved him.

I still remember Hero to Zero, I think it was called where Michael Owen gave advice to a child. He was pretty popular around then in the late 90's.
Original post by samiz20891
I still remember Hero to Zero, I think it was called where Michael Owen gave advice to a child. He was pretty popular around then in the late 90's.

Probably for Liverpool fans living all around the country, but I always thought that for the match going scousers Owen was always seen as a bit of an outsider and nowhere near as much as a hero as Fowler?
Original post by samiz20891

Was that the ''skills and goals'' video he did? Faintly remember him doing a video like that in the late 90's. There was a kid who could only have been about 12 years old in a full sized goal, Owen kept putting the ball past the poor lad into the back of the net and it looked like he was actually getting joy out of it, celebrating and laughing etc. Absolute ****.

Edit: Found it on youtube.

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5568
Original post by Lúcio
i'm sorry, i can't reply to this right now.
don't feel like i can currently say anything positive...

Sturridge? I know how you feel man.

Arsenal fan here
Original post by mr tim
And Henderson has a minor Hamstring injury according to Hodgson.

Also earlier today Mirror reported that we offered Johnson a 2-year contract worth half of his current salary.

Oh god, surely it can't get any worst than that X(
Original post by samir12
Oh god, surely it can't get any worst than that X(

I heard Balotelli is fit to play this weekend if that makes you feel any better :tongue:
Original post by sr90
I heard Balotelli is fit to play this weekend if that makes you feel any better :tongue:

Naa I knew that, he may still be a doubt though. Still, been a **** night so far.
Original post by sr90
Was that the ''skills and goals'' video he did? Faintly remember him doing a video like that in the late 90's. There was a kid who could only have been about 12 years old in a full sized goal, Owen kept putting the ball past the poor lad into the back of the net and it looked like he was actually getting joy out of it, celebrating and laughing etc. Absolute ****.

Edit: Found it on youtube.

Man, this brings back memories. Remember that Zero to Hero TV show he did, too? He was a talking poster.
That's what you get for signing injury prone players. Coutinho will be out soon for a while.
Rodgers should give Jerome Sinclair a chance, he at least knows where the back of the net is.

Him or Samed Yeşil.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Rodgers should give Jerome Sinclair a chance, he at least knows where the back of the net is.

Him or Samed Yeşil.

Wanna clutch onto anymore straw while you're at it?
Original post by Bubzeh
Wanna clutch onto anymore straw while you're at it?

United fans seem quite happy with James Wilson...
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
United fans seem quite happy with James Wilson...

Wilson is a fantastic talent, he hasn't been given a chance though so I'm not sure what you're trying to suggest here. Should have started against Palace. Now Falcao is back I doubt we'll see much of him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sturridge is out for another 6 weeks... :bawling:
Original post by The.Joker
Sturridge is out for another 6 weeks... :bawling:

so he's going to miss 9 more PL games (ie. a total of 17 games :mad::angry:
and he's missed all our CL games :rolleyes:

:angry::mad:
Footballing gods plzz

Quick Reply

Latest