Scroll to see replies

Original post by snailsareslimy

:hugs:

really just felt like it :tongue:
Original post by MyName??!
:hugs:

really just felt like it :tongue:

Hey you! How's things? :smile: x
Right I've got an essay due in for this Monday. Well it was supposed to be yesterday, but we got an extension (thank god because I'm yet to start...). Doesn't count for anything but it's almost like a mini draft for my big 100% essay, so I'd be better handing in something. Don't wanna hand in crap though :/
Also need to make the corrections to my diss. intro and start the analysis too (meeting in 2 weeks time), get my essay proposal done for my other module and emailled off so I can start it asap...

I hate third year, between all this and work, I literally have no time for myself or to see anyone and do something fun. Working 24 hours this week, wanted to go out on a night out next week, but don't know if I'll have the time or energy now...

Hate.
Right I've got an essay due in for this Monday. Well it was supposed to be yesterday, but we got an extension (thank god because I'm yet to start...). Doesn't count for anything but it's almost like a mini draft for my big 100% essay, so I'd be better handing in something. Don't wanna hand in crap though :/
Also need to make the corrections to my diss. intro and start the analysis too (meeting in 2 weeks time), get my essay proposal done for my other module and emailled off so I can start it asap...

I hate third year, between all this and work, I literally have no time for myself or to see anyone and do something fun. Working 24 hours this week, wanted to go out on a night out next week, but don't know if I'll have the time or energy now...

Hate.

haha

Hope you get your work done on time.

You're working 24 hours this week? you poor thing. I haven't had a job at university and I'm struggling. I can't imagine what it'd be like working so many hours. Even with my language course and volunteering in my second year (which only took away maybe 6-8 hours a week) I had almost no time left over.

How did you get an extension? Just wondering lol. I've been begging my tutor for one and she's like nope lol
New thread, cool!

I've got two 2,500 word essays to complete, and one essay which is 1,000 something, can't remember, got 3-4 weeks before their due. I haven't started :frown: I'm having anxiety, because I'm worried I'm going to get crap marks, or there is going to be some type of marking hiccup that I had in my first year. Since these essays count towards my degree classification, I'm crapping myself. Top it off with being behind with my work in my other modules, argh. I really need to hit the library and pull an all nighter or something
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
haha

Hope you get your work done on time.

You're working 24 hours this week? you poor thing. I haven't had a job at university and I'm struggling. I can't imagine what it'd be like working so many hours. Even with my language course and volunteering in my second year (which only took away maybe 6-8 hours a week) I had almost no time left over.

How did you get an extension? Just wondering lol. I've been begging my tutor for one and she's like nope lol

It should be okay, I just pity my boyfriend/friends/family because I'm going to be so grumpy by the end of the week :rofl:. I'm not usually in this much, luckily, but it's still annoying!

My tutor gave us all one because it's a formative assignment, he has the second year medieval essays to start marking this week and he didn't upload a document he said he would until a few days ago (short bibliography of things to look at, although I don't see why people were begging for it, just find your own sources... not gonna complain though!) I've never had to get a 'proper' extension so I can't help you there, unfortunately :frown: I just tend to pull all nighters and sleep for days afterwards!
Original post by alis-volatpropriis
New thread, cool!

I've got two 2,500 word essays to complete, and one essay which is 1,000 something, can't remember, got 3-4 weeks before their due. I haven't started :frown: I'm having anxiety, because I'm worried I'm going to get crap marks, or there is going to be some type of marking hiccup that I had in my first year. Since these essays count towards my degree classification, I'm crapping myself. Top it off with being behind with my work in my other modules, argh. I really need to hit the library and pull an all nighter or something

Feel your pain, but we've got this. We'll get it done.

(I hope).
It should be okay, I just pity my boyfriend/friends/family because I'm going to be so grumpy by the end of the week :rofl:. I'm not usually in this much, luckily, but it's still annoying!

My tutor gave us all one because it's a formative assignment, he has the second year medieval essays to start marking this week and he didn't upload a document he said he would until a few days ago (short bibliography of things to look at, although I don't see why people were begging for it, just find your own sources... not gonna complain though!) I've never had to get a 'proper' extension so I can't help you there, unfortunately :frown: I just tend to pull all nighters and sleep for days afterwards!

Lol! I think we're all feeling grumpy right now. I've shouted at pretty much everyone today. And I cried into my lunch while arguing

ah fair enough! I was just hoping you had a godsend of an excuse I could use with my tutor. We have the most obscure topic for our formative :frown:
Feel your pain, but we've got this. We'll get it done.

(I hope).

I will eventually lol, just anxious about it. Good luck with yours too!
Hey you! How's things? :smile: x

I think I'll actually be needing that hug for sure now... We agreed on just being friends now... I really hate this! If he didn't want it to be serious then why lead me on..?!! Jeez
Up at 4 tomorrow and still awake . . .
Provisionally got a studentship :biggrin: just need to apply for funding, fingers crossed :woo:
Original post by lilGem
Provisionally got a studentship :biggrin: just need to apply for funding, fingers crossed :woo:

YAAAAY! Congrats!

What's a studentship though? is it like an internship?

Original post by MathsNerd1
Up at 4 tomorrow and still awake . . .

you poor thing! why so early? Don't you love yourself? :biggrin:
Original post by MyName??!
I think I'll actually be needing that hug for sure now... We agreed on just being friends now... I really hate this! If he didn't want it to be serious then why lead me on..?!! Jeez

Babeeee, that's so **** :frown: PM is always open if you need a chat, I've had my fair share of guys being knobs, we can vent about the sillyness of most males together :suith:
YAAAAY! Congrats!

What's a studentship though? is it like an internship?

you poor thing! why so early? Don't you love yourself? :biggrin:

It's a lab project over the summer under the supervision of an academic within their lab :h:

working in a biochemistry lab- also now a member of the biochemistry society :h:
Original post by lilGem
It's a lab project over the summer under the supervision of an academic within their lab :h:

working in a biochemistry lab- also now a member of the biochemistry society :h:

ooh! That's so exciting!

Lol This thread is making me realise more and more that I've pretty much achieved nothing while at uni!
ooh! That's so exciting!

Lol This thread is making me realise more and more that I've pretty much achieved nothing while at uni!

I know :h:

working on the mechanism of salmonella activation, or on cytochromes :woo:

just need to decide which techniques I would want to learn whilst there- possibly thinking kinetics, crystallography if viable and maybe UV- vis spectroscopy
Original post by lilGem

just need to decide which techniques I would want to learn whilst there- possibly thinking kinetics, crystallography if viable and maybe UV- vis spectroscopy

I have no idea what they are about but I'm sure they're interesting!
Original post by lilGem

I like Salmonella.
Got shot down. Hard. :frown:

She wasn't even mean about it, just seemed almost quite apathetic. I kind of wished she had been meaner, would have made it slightly easier to deal with.

Quick Reply