The Student Room Group

2015 Physics Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ben Claridge
I applied for Physics at Oxford, Physics with Nuclear Astrophysics at Surrey (Conditional offer AAA), Astrophysics at UCL, Physics with Astrophysics at Leicester (Unconditional) and Physics with astrophysics with a year in the USA at Kent (ABB).

I'm predicted A*AAA in Physics,maths, chemistry and computing. With my biggest regret not taking further maths!

Which Oxford college did you apply for?
NO offer from UCL for physics yet :frown:(((
Original post by Fred Cantoni
Yeah I find it really interesting!!
I know, it's really confusing and even illogical at points but I still prefer it to writing essays in subjects like history!!

Erm yeah a few, Brian cox's new book, brief history of time and a couple of maths books on fermats last therom and game theory, which if I'm honest I don't really understand :L you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

brian cox's books are great! :biggrin:
game theory sucks
How long does it take Lancaster to give out offers? Has anyone who had an interview last Wednesday got one?
Manchester interview thurs :biggrin: excited
I got an Conditional offer (AAB) from Queens University belfast for Physics toooday
Original post by Planckton
Which Oxford college did you apply for?

I applied to St Peters, was a really nice environment and good academic staff for physics!
Is anyone else going to the surrey visit day today?
Reply 468
Has anyone had offers from durham yet?
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO OFFER FROM LANCASTER :biggrin: :woo: :ahee: :badger: :banana: :blow:

I know where I'll be going if I don't get in at Oxford!!
Original post by may-97
Has anyone had offers from durham yet?

A few have received offers.. But majority no. They mentioned that they will only reply to 75% of the applicants after application deadline day...well, that is one way to pool the best of the best. ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offers from
Cardiff AAA
Edinburgh AAA

interview at York and Manchester.
Predicted A*AA

I don't think it is possible for me to get to York because it would cost so much on the train. It's only my back up and I don't think they will offer me anything less than AAA anyway which I've already got for 2 unis. If I didn't go to the interview would that take away my chances of getting an offer there at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mine was sent off today! Applied for:

Physics at Heriot-Watt
Astrophysics {Major with 2nd subject} at Keele
Physics with astrophysics at UCLan
Physics with astrophysics at Hull
Physics with particle physics and cosmology at Swansea

Does anyone know how long I'll be waiting?
Reply 473
Original post by Planckton
Manchester interview thurs :biggrin: excited

Well done on your interview! How did it go?
I have an interview for Manchester next Tuesday
Original post by may-97
Well done on your interview! How did it go?
I have an interview for Manchester next Tuesday

Could've been better, could've been worse! :biggrin: Won't be my firm or insurance though so was just good practise! The admissions tutor told us that (if we're doing A levels) we have an offer anyway; the interview is only used on borderline cases if we miss the offer in summer
Original post by katiecharc
Mine was sent off today! Applied for:

Physics at Heriot-Watt
Astrophysics {Major with 2nd subject} at Keele
Physics with astrophysics at UCLan
Physics with astrophysics at Hull
Physics with particle physics and cosmology at Swansea

Does anyone know how long I'll be waiting?

Good luck :smile:

Waiting really depends a lot on the uni, I don't know how long the ones you have applied to take to reply, but some might not until after 15th of Jan!
I've had an offer from KCL and an applicant visit day (basically interview) invite from Royal Holloway, still to hear from Birmingham, Durham and Cardiff!! Good luck to everyone!
Keele emailed to say my application is being considered... I'm so nervous about getting 5 rejections :frown:
Got my Manchester offer yesterday :biggrin: 3/5 so far
Finally decided what to apply for, will be sending UCAS off soon:

Physics with Mathematics Hull
Physics with particle physics and cosmology Swansea
QMUL Foundation Physics
Liverpool Foundation Physics
Manchester Foundation Physics

Original post by katiecharc
Keele emailed to say my application is being considered... I'm so nervous about getting 5 rejections :frown:

Why do you think Hull and Swansea will reject you? I'm applying there too. :curious:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending