London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880

Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by EHZ17
Just got the 8 week econ email, they said they forgot to send it to me on the 31st of Oct.

Is this the final stage?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the exact same saying the forgot on the 31st also! I believe it is the last stage so next time we hear from them it will be with the verdict. Good luck
Original post by Thevindu
I got the exact same saying the forgot on the 31st also! I believe it is the last stage so next time we hear from them it will be with the verdict. Good luck

Scary times, good luck to you too
Reply 883
Just wondering is that normal to get 2 week and 8 week emails without getting the questionnaire? Has anybody got in without getting the questionnaire like me?
btw I applied for straight econ
Original post by anonwinner
I'm thinking about applying for that next year, what kind of grades do you have if you don't mind me asking?

GCSEs: 9A*s 1A (well, sort of 10 A*s as my school made us do core science in yr 10 before we did bio, chem and phys in year 11

AS levels: AAAA in Maths, Economics, History and English Lit

Predicted A*AA (A* in econ - dropped English Lit)

Hope that helps! :smile:
Original post by FeelingFear
GCSEs: 9A*s 1A (well, sort of 10 A*s as my school made us do core science in yr 10 before we did bio, chem and phys in year 11

AS levels: AAAA in Maths, Economics, History and English Lit

Predicted A*AA (A* in econ - dropped English Lit)

Hope that helps! :smile:

I only got 1 A* for gcse :frown:, but will be aiming for A*AA in my A2s (with A* in maths)

Thanks for your reply, good luck =]
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by benq
They say that if you don't have economic (not quantitative) background, then you need to take the two years route. Actually, they expect you to have some quantitative background, and more precisely "two semesters of university-level calculus or equivalent". I guess if you will be able to do this within your economic history degree, then you will be fine. I am not sure why you mentioned GMAT though - it isn't part of the program, it is an admission test.

Yes, I must take the GMAT during the two years of my masters. Economic history already goes through microeconomics and macro and some other modules in the economics bsc degree. so will i have to take two years - and in those two years i will complete calculus and university level maths to help me through my masters in economics right?
Has anybody actually been offered a place for maths with economics yet? I have been told a while ago that they'll let me know within 8 weeks.
Original post by anonwinner
I only got 1 A* for gcse :frown:, but will be aiming for A*AA in my A2s (with A* in maths)

Thanks for your reply, good luck =]

You're welcome :smile: I'm sure things will work out for the best - I'm rather nervous myself as LSE's admissions dept. is rather erratic (so I've heard anyway). How come you're applying next year? (Are you in Year 12 or taking a gap year?)
Original post by lyddsssss
Has anybody actually been offered a place for maths with economics yet? I have been told a while ago that they'll let me know within 8 weeks.

I got the same email..don't think we're going to hear back this year. :mad:
Original post by FeelingFear
You're welcome :smile: I'm sure things will work out for the best - I'm rather nervous myself as LSE's admissions dept. is rather erratic (so I've heard anyway). How come you're applying next year? (Are you in Year 12 or taking a gap year?)

Taking a gap year
Reply 891
Original post by bruno_jednacak
I got the same email..don't think we're going to hear back this year. :mad:

I'm applying for the same subject. Why do you think we won't hear back this year? I got my 8 week email on October 31st so they should reply by December 26th. When did you get your 8 week email?
Original post by Gcseboy1997
Am I the only one on here with an 8 week email for economic history?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I have the 8 week email as well. I'm almost done. Think I got 2 more weeks.
Just to let you all know, don't take the 8 week countdown as gospel. I applied last year and didn't get a reply until a few weeks after the 8 week countdown had finished. Even then, it was only to say wait a few more weeks. My final decision came at the end of January but, a friend of mine didn't get theirs till late feb - it's completely random!

In case you were wondering, I didn't get in. I had applied for a deferred entry place which was probably naive. However, after getting better than expected results, I've decided to reapply to LSE - fingers crossed.
(edited 9 years ago)
As far as I'm aware LSE offers kind of come in rounds... not sure if this is true but apparently they take the most clear cut candidates then keep reviewing waves until some offers will only come in March time...
Reply 895
Is it true that LSE send out decisions once a week on Fridays??
Just got my offer for PPE. I received the 8 week email on only 13 days ago... bit odd. Can't complain though :biggrin:
Reply 897
Hey...I applied three days ago to Environment and Development. But looking at this site it seems that most of you applied in October. Do they expect that from applicants? Supposedly that course only has around 10 places.
Original post by nich01as
Just got my offer for PPE. I received the 8 week email on only 13 days ago... bit odd. Can't complain though :biggrin:

well done! what grades, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by elisabeth1996
well done! what grades, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Unconditional- I'm actually a post A2 applicant on a gap year- due to changing my mind about the subject I want to do :P I got 4A* at A2 though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending