The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Oh right Yeah, must be quite annoying.

Well best of luck, I'm sure you'll be fine for at least an interview.

Bath :smile: hopefully Bristol within a couple of days.

You?

Dad is at me to book flights now but the superstitious person in me doesn't want to tempt fate. :lol: Have a friend who has applied to Christ's for NatSci but he hasn't heard back yet.

Nice! I have offers from Warwick and Queen's, Belfast so glad to have those. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aasvogel
Dad is at me to book flights now but the superstitious person in me doesn't want to tempt fate. :lol: Have a friend who has applied to Christ's for NatSci but he hasn't heard back yet.

Nice! I have offers from Warwick and Queen's, Belfast so glad to have those. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can you book without a date though? :tongue:

He should check his email! If not, he should hear back tomorrow.

Awesome! :biggrin: which is your favourite?
People in the UCL thread say that they live of £100 per week

Posted from TSR Mobile
How can you book without a date though? :tongue:

He should check his email! If not, he should hear back tomorrow.

Awesome! :biggrin: which is your favourite?

Oxford have an interview timetable, so all PPE ones are 7th-10th. :smile:

Did you get an interview? He's in Lancaster ATM.

Definitely Warwick - QUB is great and all but I'm in Belfast regularly so it's nothing new for me tbh, Warwick has the better course etc. Bristol your number 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oxford have an interview timetable, so all PPE ones are 7th-10th. :smile:

Did you get an interview? He's in Lancaster ATM.

Definitely Warwick - QUB is great and all but I'm in Belfast regularly so it's nothing new for me tbh, Warwick has the better course etc. Bristol your number 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

But you don't know when haha

I did yep

Ooooh, Warwick I was going to apply to but friend said it was a dump. Bristol is definitely my second
But you don't know when haha

I did yep

Ooooh, Warwick I was going to apply to but friend said it was a dump. Bristol is definitely my second

They want us there 7th-10th - multiple days!

Nice! What day? :smile:

A 'dump', oh dear. :lol: Will hopefully get to visit some time before I confirm choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They want us there 7th-10th - multiple days!

Nice! What day? :smile:

A 'dump', oh dear. :lol: Will hopefully get to visit some time before I confirm choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooooh, the whole time. Just book it :biggrin: you have everything. And if not, refund? Or take a holiday to Oxford haha

Today :smile:

Well... Idk, you might like it!
What's the next number?

1, 3, 5, 7, ??
Original post by Bude8
What's the next number?

1, 3, 5, 7, ??

I'll take the bait and say 9.
Original post by Red Fox
I'll take the bait and say 9.

Close, it's actually...

Spoiler

Original post by Bude8
Close, it's actually...

Spoiler

Wow that's actually a pretty interesting function. I miss the days when you'd just post random maths questions, I enjoyed them:lol:.
Original post by Red Fox
Wow that's actually a pretty interesting function. I miss the days when you'd just post random maths questions, I enjoyed them:lol:.

I'll find some to post later then. Have you been watching more anime? Parasyte is soooo good :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bude8
I'll find some to post later them. Have you been watching more anime? Parasyte is soooo good :lol:

Watched Sword Art Online and got up to date on SAO II, currently watching Kanon. SAO was an enjoyable watch but the story feels a bit rushed at times, I feel like it had the potential to be amazing. I'll add Parasyte to my plan to watch list.
Original post by Red Fox
Watched Sword Art Online and got up to date on SAO II, currently watching Kanon. SAO was an enjoyable watch but the story feels a bit rushed at times, I feel like it had the potential to be amazing. I'll add Parasyte to my plan to watch list.

I think SAO is a bit overrated tbh :lol:

Haven't seen Kanon, are you enjoying it?
Original post by Bude8
I think SAO is a bit overrated tbh :lol:

Haven't seen Kanon, are you enjoying it?

Yeah same, I never understood all the hate AoT/SnK got. I thought it was just because it was popular but it's quite annoying to see comments like 'OMG SAO is the best show ever' and Attack on Titan fans are pretty much the same so I can see why some people call it overrated now.

Kanon seems a bit slow, like it's not going anywhere and I only have six episodes left but I'll refrain from reviewing it until I've finished it. It's had some funny and some sad moments so far but not been amazing but I said the same about Clannad.
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah same, I never understood all the hate AoT/SnK got. I thought it was just because it was popular but it's quite annoying to see comments like 'OMG SAO is the best show ever' and Attack on Titan fans are pretty much the same so I can see why some people call it overrated now.

Kanon seems a bit slow, like it's not going anywhere and I only have six episodes left but I'll refrain from reviewing it until I've finished it. It's had some funny and some sad moments so far but not been amazing but I said the same about Clannad.

I'm so happy I sucked you into the anime black hole :lol:
Original post by Bude8
I'm so happy I sucked you into the anime black hole :lol:

With 3 weeks left till my Cambridge interview as well:cry2:. According to myanimelist I've watched over 3 days worth, I might be slightly addicted.
Original post by Red Fox
With 3 weeks left till my Cambridge interview as well:cry2:. According to myanimelist I've watched over 3 days worth, I might be slightly addicted.

I think you should join the Bath hype train too :lol:
Original post by Bude8
I think you should join the Bath hype train too :lol:

I have an offer but I would probably be poor as hell if I went Bath
Original post by Red Fox
I have an offer but I would probably be poor as hell if I went Bath

Really? I thought Bath was considered reasonably priced :redface:

Well yeah, then again, Cambridge has some of the cheapest accommodation in colleges since the terms are so short..

But if you apply to be a student ambassador at Bath, showing kids around the uni, doing outreach activities etc, I heard you get paid like >£8 per hour, which is pretty damn good :biggrin:

And if you're doing an engineering degree, I don't think it'll take you long to pay back your debts :lol:

Did you apply for a placement year too?

Latest