The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by Chloe<3
I have my a100 interview at Newnham college tomorrow! Such nerve wracking but exciting times!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck
Original post by a123a
Good luck

Thanks 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 282
Is there anyone here from Fitzwilliam, and If so have you got any interviews?
Just got an interview for Wolfson College Undergrad Medicine in December. It was quite a surprise! I also applied to the graduate course and have an interview next week.. eek!
Original post by skyakdu
Yep and none as of yet. Do you know when they'll send them out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me neither. They should be sending them out soon though I guess - everyone else is getting their interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile
When do interview invitations for Downing come out????
Original post by Katyb77
Not at all, he's at Jesus college.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done on your son getting into Camb! I'm also applying to Jesus College for medicine. Are there any tips for the Jesus college interview he can give me (PM me if you prefer). A guy who got into Cambmed last year got asked (hard) physics questions even though he didn't do it for A level! Is this normal?

Also, I was quite surprised to find that they do three interviews - not sure if this is a good thing tbh. Also, I heard that Dr Steve Hladky can be quite frightening... hopefully I don't cave under the pressure ><
Original post by Pink.1000
Anyone else here applying to Jesus College?

Hi! I am :smile:
3 interviews? What do you mean?

We get 9 stations 5 min each...MMI style (graduates) I don't know if this is the same for undergraduates.

I haven't done physics at school. .so...
I think they are actually interested in hw you think how you come to the answer even if the answer is wrong. ..for example I wouldn't have a clue about physics but might suggest. possible ways to get to the answer?
Original post by aprocrastinator
When do interview invitations for Downing come out????

The wait has been killing me..... Come on Downing!
Original post by Choyster54
Well done on your son getting into Camb! I'm also applying to Jesus College for medicine. Are there any tips for the Jesus college interview he can give me (PM me if you prefer). A guy who got into Cambmed last year got asked (hard) physics questions even though he didn't do it for A level! Is this normal?

Also, I was quite surprised to find that they do three interviews - not sure if this is a good thing tbh. Also, I heard that Dr Steve Hladky can be quite frightening... hopefully I don't cave under the pressure ><

I will private message you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody heard anything from Jesus college?
Original post by Katyb77
I will private message you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm also applying to Jesus college and have been invited to interview. I'm slightly nervous about the cambridge style interviews (I've had plenty of practice with medical interviews but nothing that sciency), would it possible for you to also send any tips you have for the interview and how I can prepare to me?
has anyone heard anything from sidney yet? I'm starting to assume I've been rejected without interview :frown:
This might put the Trinity medical applicants at ease!

"If you are applying to read Medical Sciences (Medicine), read carefully the information about the BMAT. Please note that we do not select applicants for interview in Trinity until we receive the BMAT results. Results will be released by the exam board on Wednesday 26 November"

(It's about 3/4 down the page in the bullet point list - http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/node/294)

This is also on their applicant page. So because of this I think we can have a sigh of relief and wait for the BMAT results.
Original post by The_Top_Hat
This might put the Trinity medical applicants at ease!

"If you are applying to read Medical Sciences (Medicine), read carefully the information about the BMAT. Please note that we do not select applicants for interview in Trinity until we receive the BMAT results. Results will be released by the exam board on Wednesday 26 November"

(It's about 3/4 down the page in the bullet point list - http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/node/294)

This is also on their applicant page. So because of this I think we can have a sigh of relief and wait for the BMAT results.

And then after the BMAT results, u can take ur last sigh....
Original post by beth_paige_
has anyone heard anything from sidney yet? I'm starting to assume I've been rejected without interview :frown:

NO I haven't either - I'm hoping/assuming they're waiting until after BMAT result come out?
Original post by sanjana96
NO I haven't either - I'm hoping/assuming they're waiting until after BMAT result come out?

phew! i have two friends who applied to other subjects at sidney and they've already got interviews- but i guess its different with medicine! good luck! :smile:
Got an interview at St Catharines college, how's everyone practising for their interview? I really dont know what to expect lol... So what im doing atm is to revise AS sciences and maths, roughly know what to say for the general interview qs (like why medicine etc) and know your personal statement inside out (plus BMAT essay?), would i need to know much about NHS/GMC etc (if so, what exactly?). If any cambridge medic sees this, could you please let me/us know!
Thanks a lot in advance and gd luck everyone!
what is special about water?

is a question i saw in their applicant guide, would they really ask you that?

I cannot study all of chem bio physics in 3 days!!!

HELP!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending