The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
I was 19 for the entirety of my 3rd year.

How did you start uni aged 17? Foreign school system?
Original post by sr90
How did you start uni aged 17? Foreign school system?

Basically yeah. I spent a year in Holland in between primary school and secondary and it was decided that I was a year ahead of my age in terms of curriculum somehow.
Sometimes I think of just throwing in the towel and starting a youtube channel. Annoys me when I see how much people can make with very little effort on youtube :argh:
Original post by Isometrix
Sometimes I think of just throwing in the towel and starting a youtube channel. Annoys me when I see how much people can make with very little effort on youtube :argh:

Apparently Pewdiepie or whatever you call him is earning millions, absolutely silly. KSI must be close.

If I was a girl I would just be sucking dick for a living in all honesty . Get on the Amsterdam scene, get myself a nice Albanian pimp and a state pension too.
Original post by Zürich
Apparently Pewdiepie or whatever you call him is earning millions, absolutely silly. KSI must be close.

If I was a girl I would just be sucking dick for a living in all honesty . Get on the Amsterdam scene, get myself a nice Albanian pimp and a state pension too.

Got any pics of any sisters/cousins?
Original post by Tom_Ford
Got any pics of any sisters/cousins?

Swear you literally came out as gay as recently as last week?
YouTube makes sense because of how big it is.
There are kids who are millionaires because they play COD ffs

The best thread award unfortunately no doubt goes to the arsenal meltdown thread
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Ah I see what you mean, well when I send my CV I always get interviews for some pretty nice jobs, I just havent pushed it in about 2 years really. Problem was that I finished undergraduate ridiculously young and I really really didnt want to start work at 20 for the next 50 years. Had I started work in the City or something at 20 I would have ****ed up 2 or 3 years down the line anyway as I didnt have the maturity for that at the time so maybe better to have waited.

Kind of lost a bit of drive by relaxing though so need to get going again soon. Plenty of regrets and missed opportunities over the years, that's life. :o:o

Did you do undergrad and postgrad at LSE with a year abroad at Munich? You a banker now?

Original post by Zürich

I lolled.
Original post by Zürich
Swear you literally came out as gay as recently as last week?

I am not literally gay. Would not practice sodomy with another man... now that would be gay.

Now... those pictures. :colone:
Original post by sr90
It's had the same name for several years now :tongue:

Yeah and that's how traditions start!

Original post by Zürich
I sat my finals at 19 and turned 20 just before graduation. 1st class honours at LSE as well Maths & Econ.

Despite all the *******s I chat on here, Ive got a brain :wink:

Ooh check you out Zurich, never knew that :tongue:

Original post by The.Joker
x

Welcome to the Misc girlfriend :cool:
Original post by Eboracum
Did you do undergrad and postgrad at LSE with a year abroad at Munich? You a banker now?

I lolled.

Did undergrad at LSE and then came back to do Postgrad which was a big mistake from me, really sleep walked into that. So half way through the year I basically told my **** of an advisor that I wasnt going to waste my life in academia like him. Opportunity came up to do a little 9 month bespoke 'research' thing in Munich and I was all over it like a rash. Got paid 300e a week to do **** all and spent my time jogging around Bavaria, getting pissed in beerhalls, learning German, unsuccessfully trying to smash frauleins, watching 1860 munich and generally being a bit of a wasteman :laugh:

I'm not a banker, only ever interned, and wont be any time soon since I'm not on a grad scheme and that's the only way to get your foot in really. Loads of opps in Asset management and smaller firms always come up though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Did undergrad at LSE and then came back to do Postgrad which was a big mistake from me, really sleep walked into that. So half way through the year I basically told my kunt of an advisor that I wasnt going to waste my life in academia like him. Opportunity came up to do a little 9 month bespoke 'research' thing in Munich and I was all over it like a rash. Got paid 300e a week to do **** all and spent my time jogging around Bavaria, getting pissed in beerhalls, learning German, unsuccessfully trying to smash frauleins, watching 1860 munich and generally being a bit of a wasteman :laugh:

I'm not a banker, only ever interned, and wont be any time soon since I'm not on a grad scheme and that's the only way to get your foot in really. Loads of opps in Asset management and smaller firms always come up though.

Are you a bit socially awkward in real life?
Original post by Tom_Ford
Are you a bit socially awkward in real life?

wouldnt say so really, maybe a bit
Original post by Zürich

I really hope you don't have a daughter...
My nominations, if thats how its being done:

The Diego Costa Award - For the newcomer to the forum that has impressed you the most (Luke.. if he is still a newcomer, may not always agree with him, but this forum has lost a lot of regular characters, and he is the new person that I think has made the biggest impact since joining)
The Nadine Kessler Award - For the best female member across the forum (LP or Peggles - called wengers incompetance in the summer well before most arsenal fans, including myeslf did.. plus always good for a post-game meltdown)
The Cristiano Ronaldo Award - For the member who no longer posts in these parts but whom you wish still did (zurich or 419)
The Mario Balotelli Award - For the member who always makes you laugh (ebo.. dont think I need to explain this one)
The Jose Mourinho Award For the biggest WUM (the butt... for keeping up pretending to be an arsenal fan for as long as he did.. showed real commitment to the cause)
The Marouane Fellaini Award - For the most improved member across the forum - (no idea)
The Gary Neville Award - For the best debater across the forum (QUA - never seen them loose their cool or post anything but well-thought out and very well reasoned arguements)
The Jonathan Wilson Award - For the most knowledgeable member across the forum (no idea on this one.. so much of football discussion is opinion, feels kind of hard to say)
The Marco Reus Award - For the member who supports another team, but who you wished was on your side! (Mr. Tim - seems like a nice guy..)
The David Moyes Award For the member who has provided us with the best quote of the year (ebo again)
The ???? Award - Placeholder: Need one more award
The TSR d'Or - For the overall best member on the football forums (Jam... I have a lot of time for jam. Although sometimes prone to WUMing/trolling, it feels like its coming from a real person, uposed to some other memebers who only ever do it.. always seemed like a decent guy to me)
Original post by Zürich
Did undergrad at LSE and then came back to do Postgrad which was a big mistake from me, really sleep walked into that. So half way through the year I basically told my kunt of an advisor that I wasnt going to waste my life in academia like him. Opportunity came up to do a little 9 month bespoke 'research' thing in Munich and I was all over it like a rash. Got paid 300e a week to do **** all and spent my time jogging around Bavaria, getting pissed in beerhalls, learning German, unsuccessfully trying to smash frauleins, watching 1860 munich and generally being a bit of a wasteman :laugh:

I see. So you did undergrad, then what postgrad did you start, was that a one year masters or was it a three year PHD? Did you drop out half way through? Yeah man, PHD isn't for everyone, I'd love to do a Masters though. I have an MSc offer from UCL, whats London like as a student, I imagine the night life to be incredible?

Ha :laugh:Do you want to work in finance? What you doing now, still in Munich?
Original post by AR_95
YouTube makes sense because of how big it is.
There are kids who are millionaires because they play COD ffs

The best thread award unfortunately no doubt goes to the arsenal meltdown thread
Posted from TSR Mobile

It's cray all you need is a camera, computer, internet connection, and willing to do stupid and pointless stuff. Within a year you can become a millionaire.

Prank channels seem to be very in at the moment. That and trolling people in public.
Original post by Eboracum
I see. So you did undergrad, then what postgrad did you start, was that a one year masters or was it a three year PHD? Did you drop out half way through? Yeah man, PHD isn't for everyone, I'd love to do a Masters though. I have an MSc offer from UCL, whats London like as a student, I imagine the night life to be incredible?

Ha :laugh:Do you want to work in finance? What you doing now, still in Munich?

It was an MRes with the guarantee of a Phd place if I passed. A mate of mine pointed out that I could have a Phd by 25 if I kept going and I thought that would be sick, didnt realise that I wasnt all that interested in advanced economics after all :tongue:

Well I'm born and bred London so it was really more of the same for me. London is just a wonderful city in every sense of the word, but obviously its not a student city so you'd either love or hate that depending on whether you want to have a little campus experience or not.

The nightlife in London is incredible though obviously, 23 now and still finding things every month. but to properly enjoy it you need to have money. Life as a broke student in London is not all that fun. A proper night out in my opinion will cost you about £80 minimum.

UCL is sick though, great uni with a great social scene too.

I'm back London at the minute keeping my ear to the ground for a job and generally getting back up to speed with all that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fallen_acorns

The Nadine Kessler Award - For the best female member across the forum (LP or Peggles)

Thanks but it's only because I'm very active around these parts. I think I talk absolute rubbish. Peggles is far more knowledgeable.
Original post by Zürich
It was an MRes with the guarantee of a Phd place if I passed. A mate of mine pointed out that I could have a Phd by 25 if I kept going and I thought that would be sick, didnt realise that I wasnt all that interested in advanced economics after all :tongue:

Well I'm born and bred London so it was really more of the same for me. London is just a wonderful city in every sense of the word, but obviously its not a student city so you'd either love or hate that depending on whether you want to have a little campus experience or not.

The nightlife in London is incredible though obviously, 23 now and still finding things every month. but to properly enjoy it you need to have money. Life as a broke student in London is not all that fun. A proper night out in my opinion will cost you about £80 minimum.

UCL is sick though, great uni with a great social scene too.

I'm back London at the minute keeping my ear to the ground for a job and generally getting back up to speed with all that.

Yeah. You still have a BSc (presumably) from LSE though, good going brah.

Awesome man. Yeah, I just want the status of having a Masters and a PHD tbh. :colondollar: I'm weighting up the classic third year scenario of whether to do a grad scheme or a masters next. Head says grad scheme, heart says masters.I'm still in the hunt for a few things but it is tough going, have you applied for grad schemes for September entry? My mate is applying for all the big banks.

Yeah love London man. My mate is at LSE, also my other mate is a trader at a oil company and I have another mate at UCL. Place to be. I love nights out in London, you been to that Sushi Samba bar? Incredible.

Yeah. I've got it in my head I'm at UCL. I want to be a diplomat so I feel it's the place to be.

Latest