The Student Room Group

Are there any 'chavs' at your university??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SocialSmocial94
You know what I'm talking about. Yo famalam bred bin don't givva F*** init...[hate them]

More Chavs in uni than in work. Consider this more people get into uni than ever (considering the low grade entries e.g you get in with a U) and with the drinking culture and grants available at uni and no need to go into the real world of work I say its a big advantage for lazy people.
Lets be honest here, to most people on this website anyone who dosent study every day is likely to be considered a chav. Just thought i would throw that out there.
They're long gone although it did take a lot to tell childhood friends to basically lump it but saying that, one of them stole something from me in the end and that was that! I went to college and I knew they was going nowhere. It's a shame because sometimes a good person turns out to be like that because of stress, problems, peer-pressure and being influenced to be part of something and feel protected.

For example, a good person gets bullied for being different so they act different to make a certain type of friends, get involved in stupid stuff like cussing, smashing windows and being anti-social and before they know it they've been kicked out their parents house, have a criminal record and are around like minded people who fuel their criminality and deteriorate their frame of mind 24/7.

I was in the same situation as you tbh mate and ditching my old mates was probably the best thing I did. They were always in trouble inside and out of school and did arson stealing drug taking (mostly all on mkat or whatever it's called ATM). However they all had troubled childhoods whilst I didn't so I can see why they turned out that way. No prospects no future for them really as they surround themselves with other dragbacks and hence unable to break out of that lifestyle now
They surround us, they bind us. Couldn't resist a Yoda quote.
There's this one weird guy that's from the really chavvy part of the city and looks like a chav, but he's actually really boring and one of the hardest working guys I know.
The better the university, the lower proportion of chavs they'll be. Needless to say, my university has little to no chavs. :smug:
Not all Chavs are bad people, I've met some people who many would class as "chavy" and they've turned out to be great people.

To answer your question I would have to say yes.
#####
(edited 9 years ago)
It depends what you class as a chav. If you class someone chavvy because they wear jewellery, have gelled hair and wear tracky bottoms often (I work, train and learn in gyms throughout the week), then I'm a chav LOL.

I'm more talking about that horrible attitude if you know what I mean? Thank you for your response :smile:

Fair enough :smile:

I havn't met anyone with a horrible attitude at Uni so far, I've met a few rude people but no-one with a horrible attitude, I go to a Mid level Uni also.

Do you Bench thou?
There was this one complete clown I was forced to sit next to in a lecture who saw fit start talking on his phone while the lecturer was speaking, saying all your chavvy things and sucking his teeth like chavs do. Then he saw fit to mutilate a survey we had gotten to fill out while "ahh dees eez sheet brrro".
Do chavs even go uni?
Original post by somemightsay888
There was this one complete clown I was forced to sit next to in a lecture who saw fit start talking on his phone while the lecturer was speaking, saying all your chavvy things and sucking his teeth like chavs do. Then he saw fit to mutilate a survey we had gotten to fill out while "ahh dees eez sheet brrro".

I bet it was at a **** university.
Not too many smicks about mine but there's a few.
there's like a group of them in my halls, we all wonder why and how they got into university
Tbf I'd rather talk to a chav than the average TSR user. Majority of you are up your own arse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I actually go to a good university.
Reply 56
Lol, look at all the stuck up pricks in here. Pathetic. Truly pathetic.
I am also from Croydon (currently studying at Croydon College now) and to be completely honest with you, the OP is absolutely correct. The borough is filled with these nasty hoodrats who do nothing but waste time and cause trouble. They want this lifestyle as it provides an adrenaline rush. This lifestyle lets them fantasize in their heads that they are big dangerous gangsters when in reality they are children who never really grew up.

Swaggering around like Tony Montana, more like Kenneth from Anuvahood, it is ****ing embarrassing. OP I understand exactly how you feel, many of the people commenting on here have not been in our situation and will not be able to cope if they ever are.
###
(edited 9 years ago)
I can't see it getting any better to be honest. This "gangster (I use to term loosely) culture" is not unique to Croydon, or London for that matter, It has spread across the UK like the Bubonic plague and I wish there was something we could do about it. I am one of the few people I know who actually sticks up to these narcissists and it gets me into more trouble than it is worth.

I am also sick and tired of the "excuses" I keep hearing.

"Dere aint no jobs fam" Educate yourself fool. Stop messing around in class and do your coursework you ****ing moron.

"5-0 dnt show us nuff respect fam" Stop making a mischief of yourself then you arrogant little fool, stop pointing gun fingers at police vans, stop stabbing people and stop selling drugs.

"Man ain got no Ps fam"
Stop spending your taxpayer funded bursary money on drugs and alcohol and FIND A JOB.

Although plenty of these kids have threatened to "stab man up", I am still alive for some reason, weird.

I really wish these animals would hurry up and kill each other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending