The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Joseph1994
Anybody heard from HSF re Winter VS yet?!

Also waiting, I know two other friends who applied and are also in the same boat so looks like they are still processing things through maybe
Freshfields interview :biggrin:
Original post by Griffin0007
Has anyone heard anything either way from Linklaters or Freshfields about Christmas?

I completed the wg test for linklaters but still waiting for them to get back, have you done the test?
No I haven't completed the test. I'm guessing that's a link that they send you?
How long did it take to hear back from Hogan lovells after doing the WG?
Original post by NotMikeRoss
My efforts so far, mix of winter and summer vac schemes (I forget exactly which is which..!). I'm a final year non-lawyer:

Hogan Lovells - WG test --> Phone interview --> Final assessment day --> Rejection :frown:
CMS Cameron McKenna - WG test done
Jones Day - Interview --> Waiting for result
HSF - Tests done, waiting on outcome
Weil - Waiting
Skadden - Waiting
Cleary Gottlieb - They asked for my results transcript..don't know if that's good or bad
Mishcon de Reya - Video interview --> Assessment day to come probably in the new year
Travers Smith - Interview booked for in a few days time
White and Case - Waiting
DLA Piper - Waiting but they're not rolling so will be a while

If anyone has questions which I might be any help with feel free to ask

how long after submitting your app for Cleary Gottlieb did you hear from them?
Has anyone else taken the tests for HSF and still not heard back from them concerning the winter vac scheme? I'm only slightly concerned because I had some issues with my test that I thought were resolved but now it's been so long I'm wondering if not. On their website it says assessments for their winter vac scheme are early november?
Original post by Joseph1994
Anybody heard from HSF re Winter VS yet?!

I just asked this question. Has anyone? I've done all tests and still waiting but their website says assessments in early november?
Reply 248
Original post by k3ro
For me, so far:

Bird & Bird -- waiting post-app
Macfarlanes -- waiting post-app
Freshfields -- TC interview
SH -- waiting post-app
NRF -- waiting post-app
Davis Polk -- on hold until Jan
SullCrom -- reviewed& keeping my application until Jan

Update on my 'list'. SullCrom said my application had been reviewed by the recruitment committee and they've decided to keep it until a further shortlist in January. I'm not holding out much hope, but I guess I survived the pre-shortlist shortlist? :K: Davis Polk has also put me on hold until Jan but that seemed more automated rather than an actual response.
(edited 9 years ago)
I had an e-mail from Macfarlanes saying "We are considering your application for a place on one of our vacation schemes and as part of this process we would like you to attend an open day here. The object of the day will be to give you a chance to find out more about the firm and for us to get to know you".

They mention that there will be group + written exercises and a partner interview. Is this their assessment day equivalent? From the way that the e-mail was worded it seemed like I was on a waiting list of sorts.

Has anyone else got this e-mail?
Original post by Aspiringlawyer20
I had an e-mail from Macfarlanes saying "We are considering your application for a place on one of our vacation schemes and as part of this process we would like you to attend an open day here. The object of the day will be to give you a chance to find out more about the firm and for us to get to know you".

They mention that there will be group + written exercises and a partner interview. Is this their assessment day equivalent? From the way that the e-mail was worded it seemed like I was on a waiting list of sorts.

Has anyone else got this e-mail?

From the Macfarlanes FAQ section of their website:
"What is an open day?
An open day is our assessment day for the vacation schemes."
Anyone else not able to find the app link for the HSF vac scheme?
Anyone heard from BLP post AC?
Has anybody got any idea what mark/percentile Linklaters require on the WG?:confused:
Has anyone heard anything from Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co regarding the winter vacation scheme?
Anyone else completing the Freshfields application and finding the personal statement rather infuriating >.<
Original post by Kidioteque
Finally sent my first application! Took me about 10 minutes to bring myself to click "submit" - this is all far too real! :puke:

I was wondering if you'd heard anything from Mishcon yet? :smile: I've not heard a thing :/ and sent my application off just over 3 weeks ago
Original post by TrainingChopeful
I was wondering if you'd heard anything from Mishcon yet? :smile: I've not heard a thing :/ and sent my application off just over 3 weeks ago

Haven't applied. I'm sure they'll get back to you soon, try not to stress over one firm :smile:
Original post by Defragmentation
Anyone else completing the Freshfields application and finding the personal statement rather infuriating >.<

Initially I was relieved to have a break from the tedious competency questions etc, but actually the fact it's so open-ended is a bit frustrating
Original post by Griffin0007
No I haven't completed the test. I'm guessing that's a link that they send you?

yea, they sent me a link after i submitted my application

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending