The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eskimok1
Anyone got an interview from Sheffield? I got one today for the 8th December!!!

Same! Starting to get very anxious now :confused:
I've heard nothing from sheffield or reading :frown: a little bit worried
Original post by HowayGuapa
Where did you hear about accidental declines? I don't really want to email them assuming they have made a mistake haha! I'll have to hope for better luck for the others. Still waiting to hear back about postgrad though which is my number one choice. *fingers crossed*

Hey, it happened to me. They declined so I emailed them to ask for feedback and what I can do to improve for next time. They then got back to me and said it was a mistake and that I have an interview. :smile: x
Original post by Dancer32014
I've heard nothing from sheffield or reading :frown: a little bit worried

I haven't heard anything from Sheffield either! I'm sure it will be ok though :smile: don't worry xx
Has anyone who has received an interview from BCU had track update yet? Mine still says my application is being considered.
Original post by nesca89
I haven't heard anything from Sheffield either! I'm sure it will be ok though :smile: don't worry xx

Aw okay thanks... Yeah I hope so:smile:Congrats on your Man Met interview!!
Original post by shropshirelass51
Has anyone who has received an interview from BCU had track update yet? Mine still says my application is being considered.

Same here! (Congrats on getting an interview invite too). I have had the email invitation to interview as well and my Track page is saying the same as yours. There's no email invitation to accept. The email from BCU says that the interview information should have been sent to us via Track but it doesn't appear to have been yet. It also says a response via Track is needed in the next week, but, if the invite is not there, that's a bit difficult, isn't it!:s-smilie: I was wondering what to do next and saw your post - someone else in the same boat!

It does say to contact them if any questions but I was going to give it another day and if Track has not changed, then I guess we could email/call to confirm - the Admissions Department and/or UCAS. We don't want to miss the interview because we couldn't accept it - oh no! BCU is my only choice so I really don't want to get rejected for non-attendance! I'm an oldie too - old enough to remember the paper UCAS application form and pre-Internet course research! :biggrin:

Hi to everyone on the thread and good luck to all of us! :smile:
Reply 327
Original post by shropshirelass51

The same has happened to me! If nothing has come through on UCAS by tomorrow I'm going to ring them up and find out what is happening
Original post by h_lumb1
The same has happened to me! If nothing has come through on UCAS by tomorrow I'm going to ring them up and find out what is happening

I'm also in the same boat! I think I'll stick it out until tomorrow or Friday, and then get in touch to see. In a way, it's quite good that it's happened to (what looks like) all of us and not just one or two!
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I have received an interview for The University of Manchester x
Original post by nesca89
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I have received an interview for The University of Manchester x
Same! :smile:
Reply 331
I have interviews with Man met and Uni of Manchester on the same day! :/ dunno what i'm gonna doo as i am potentially considering going to both places. Anyone else have this problem?
(edited 9 years ago)
Received an interview for MMU on the 10th December! Has anyone else got theirs on the same day? I was wondering what we should wear?
Original post by InDreams
Same! :smile:

Congratulations! :smile:

Original post by djavor
I have interviews with Man met and Uni of Manchester on the same day! :/ dunno what i'm gonna doo as i am potentially considering going to both places. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, I had exactly the same. I emailed the uni of to tell them I can't make it and they gave me another date for 10th Dec :smile: x
Original post by sophie20
Received an interview for MMU on the 10th December! Has anyone else got theirs on the same day? I was wondering what we should wear?

I have mine on 3rd, just going to wear black trousers with a smart top and Cardigan. When I was at the interviews last year, everyone was kind of mixed really x
Just got an interview at Marjon! Lucky considering I'm going on Saturday...
Original post by nesca89
I have mine on 3rd, just going to wear black trousers with a smart top and Cardigan. When I was at the interviews last year, everyone was kind of mixed really x

I was going to wear a black trouser suit with a brightish top, do you think that's over the top!
Reply 337
Original post by nesca89
Congratulations! :smile:

Yes, I had exactly the same. I emailed the uni of to tell them I can't make it and they gave me another date for 10th Dec :smile: x

Good idea, I've emailed Manchester Met to see if they can reschedule
Hi guys. I just got in touch with BCU Admissions and was advised to email them on [email protected] .
Apparently they're having loads of problems with Track and they were really lovely. So, it's just a case of wait and see now! :smile:
Original post by rhimair
Hi guys. I just got in touch with BCU Admissions and was advised to email them on [email protected] .
Apparently they're having loads of problems with Track and they were really lovely. So, it's just a case of wait and see now! :smile:

Thanks for the feedback, will wait until tomorrow to see if track updates then ring them as well.

Quick Reply

Latest