The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tryrevise
Apparently my schools taking away study leave :frown: I'm so angry right now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! I was so annoyed when I found out :frown: we're going to get revision sessions during school instead which sucks because I can only do proper revision at home :/
Original post by Peachy23
Same! I was so annoyed when I found out :frown: we're going to get revision sessions during school instead which sucks because I can only do proper revision at home :/

:O We have normal lessons during mock time and no study leave
Original post by Steliata
Don't sweat it, revising now is (for me) pointless because I'll just forget it again and I find it hard to sustain the effort lol

peel for "don't sweat it"
Original post by olivialeicester
:O We have normal lessons during mock time and no study leave

What? That's terrible! We're getting two weeks of no timetable and when we don't have exams, we go to one of the supervised rooms and revise so it's pretty good :smile: I can't complain tbh. Also, we get free exam breakfast and stationary yay!
Normal lessons during mock; no study leave for the real things, normal lessons with some revision sessions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What? That's terrible! We're getting two weeks of no timetable and when we don't have exams, we go to one of the supervised rooms and revise so it's pretty good :smile: I can't complain tbh. Also, we get free exam breakfast and stationary yay!

Your school is nice. We're on normal timetable. But at least we get study leave for the real thing :smile:
Original post by Steliata
Your school is nice. We're on normal timetable. But at least we get study leave for the real thing :smile:

Yeah, I'm pretty happy about how it's going to go but we don't get study leave for the real thing either which is really annoying :frown:
Original post by gortz1o1
For the real exams or mocks?

Real exams. We've never had it for mocks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can only revise properly at home too :frown: I don't think we're having proper revision sessions even, we're just kind of left to chat and 'revise in groups' I honestly think it's going to be so detrimental to my results :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Normal lessons during mock; no study leave for the real things, normal lessons with some revision sessions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's how they're doing it at mine pretty much :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can only revise properly at home too :frown: I don't think we're having proper revision sessions even, we're just kind of left to chat and 'revise in groups' I honestly think it's going to be so detrimental to my results :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The good things about my school is we can choose whether we want to go to a silent revision room, an "active revision" room or a room with computer access. So, I'm pretty happy about that :smile: that sucks for you, I honestly hate revising in groups or with people or as a class because I just revise better on my own, with no noise :frown:
The good things about my school is we can choose whether we want to go to a silent revision room, an "active revision" room or a room with computer access. So, I'm pretty happy about that :smile: that sucks for you, I honestly hate revising in groups or with people or as a class because I just revise better on my own, with no noise :frown:

If they did that it wouldn't be as bad for us, but we're just expected to sit in our lessons as normal and get bits and pieces of work done :frown: at least you have different options of what to do, if my school did it more like that I wouldn't mind as much :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

At my school we only have to go in on days we have mocks. If there's a day when we don't have any exams we can stay at home :smile: If we have an exam that doesn't start until the afternoon we can just come in for the afternoon and if we only have an exam in the morning we can go home early, so this is good for me because I generally revise more effectively at home!
Original post by Purple-Pixie
At my school we only have to go in on days we have mocks. If there's a day when we don't have any exams we can stay at home :smile: If we have an exam that doesn't start until the afternoon we can just come in for the afternoon and if we only have an exam in the morning we can go home early, so this is good for me because I generally revise more effectively at home!

We did that for our real exams (in fact the school kicked us out if we didn't have an exam in the afternoon :lol: ), but not for mocks :tongue: Do you get study leave for your mocks too?
Original post by Gingerbread101
We did that for our real exams (in fact the school kicked us out if we didn't have an exam in the afternoon :lol: ), but not for mocks :tongue: Do you get study leave for your mocks too?

We don't get study leave as in not going to school the weeks before our mocks but I'm glad we're not being forced to stay at school when we don't have any mocks (we did the same for our Year 10 summer exams) :smile:

My mocks start on Monday and I feel really unprepared :s-smilie:
Original post by Purple-Pixie
We don't get study leave as in not going to school the weeks before our mocks but I'm glad we're not being forced to stay at school when we don't have any mocks (we did the same for our Year 10 summer exams) :smile:

My mocks start on Monday and I feel really unprepared :s-smilie:

I'm sure you'll do great :yep: What subjects are you doing?

Heyy :awesome: Woo keeping the thread alive!

Ah thank you! I'm doing English Lit, English Lang, Maths, Co-ordinated Science, ICT, Psychology, Spanish and R.S :smile:
Original post by Black Rose
Heyy :awesome: Woo keeping the thread alive!

You guys aren't as bad for letting the thread die as the A Level peeps are, I need to get in there and start them talking! :tongue:

Latest