The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by Mariusk03
No they don't.. Deadline is the 15th of January and everyone is given equal chances no matter when they apply (there are people that have a different viewpoint on this but universities assure that no matter when you apply, you are given fair treatment).. I myself think it's better to apply early, but only because it means that you'll hear back earlier (most likely) and will know what grades you are aiming for at an earlier stage in your last academic year.

Thanks, that's a relief. I only waited this long because I wanted to improve one of my IB higher level scores before applying. Would have been awful if I had undermined myself in doing so. xD
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 901
Ah, you're also doing the IB! What's your predicted score and what subjects do you take if I may ask?

I'm predicted at a 42 and I'm taking HL History, Lang/Lit, and Physics with 766 respectively. Its pretty high above the predicted offer for this course, but coming from an international school that doesn't normally support ucas, I don't quite know what to expect.

What about you?
Got a conditional offer for History!! Applied mid October, got the 8 week email last week, 4 weeks after getting the 2 week email. So excited!
Is there an offer holders Facebook group?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lech
I'm predicted at a 42 and I'm taking HL History, Lang/Lit, and Physics with 766 respectively. Its pretty high above the predicted offer for this course, but coming from an international school that doesn't normally support ucas, I don't quite know what to expect.

What about you?

Finally, I see someone who is doing the IB! :biggrin: Most of the people on this website are doing A-levels
Got an offer earlier today for Law (A*AA)

Good luck to you all on your applications
Reply 905
Hey I am applying for actuarial science in LSE for 2015 Entry also !
Well, I am an international student from Malaysia actually.

My forecast grades are A* in Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Physics while A for Chemistry. Anyway I am actually quite confident to get A* also in Chemistry. Do you guys think I stand a chance to get an offer from LSE? :smile: Thanks.

Oh ya, just wonder if I should print out the undergraduate support scheme of LSE or I can actually straight away typed on it since its a pdf file >.< Thanks again. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 906
Original post by dariaorlova
Finally, I see someone who is doing the IB! :biggrin: Most of the people on this website are doing A-levels

Yeah we're pretty few and far between. Nice to meet some fellow strugglers! :smile:
Reply 907
I'm predicted 44 with HL Geography, German A Lit and Biology with 777..
Also I take Math SL, Spanish B SL and English A L/L SL with 767 respectively..

Good luck with your application!

Impressive! Same to you :smile:
Reply 908
Original post by Caitlan
Got an offer earlier today for Law (A*AA)

Good luck to you all on your applications

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!! Do you mind me asking what are your predicted grades and your AS/GCSE grades?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jessielle
Got a conditional offer for History!! Applied mid October, got the 8 week email last week, 4 weeks after getting the 2 week email. So excited!
Is there an offer holders Facebook group?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! I just got an offer for history at LSE too applied about the same time as well! I don't think there is a group at the minute though!
Original post by saskia27
Congratulations! I just got an offer for history at LSE too applied about the same time as well! I don't think there is a group at the minute though!

when you say you just got an offer now, do you mean at this unusual time ? Like did the e-mail come through at around 7 o´clock or when did you get it?
Original post by ProjectNr2
when you say you just got an offer now, do you mean at this unusual time ? Like did the e-mail come through at around 7 o´clock or when did you get it?

No it came in the afternoon
Original post by saskia27
No it came in the afternoon

could you specify? would greatly appreciate it :biggrin:
Reply 913
I'm starting to think this is true.. Last Friday several people posted in this thread saying they received an offer.. We'll see if it's true tomorrow, but (please correct me if I'm wrong) so far I don't think anyone has received an offer this week!

Edit: I just checked the University Connect page for LSE and saw that people have received offers on Mondays and Thursdays as well.. So it does happen, but maybe offers tend to go out towards the end of the week rather than at the start!

I'm crossing my fingers for a UCAS update tomorrow then! :biggrin: I'm about 3 weeks into my 8 week email, how about you? Which subject did you apply for? This waiting game is making me go crazy. I wish there was a set date so we knew exactly when the decisions would be released rather than giving us an 8 week window, ugh!!
Original post by ProjectNr2
could you specify? would greatly appreciate it :biggrin:

haha yeah it came at four :smile:
Reply 915
I'm 1 week into my 8 week email, applied for management :smile: good luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think we still have a few weeks of waiting left to be honest haha. We'll realistically probably get the decision sometime in December. I hope we both get offers :smile:!
I got an offer for LSE History as well
I'm 1 week into my 8 week email, applied for management :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooooooohhhhh i am the same; only i applied Accounting and Finance, receiving the 8 week email about a week ago (Bout a week ago week ago etc)

let me know if you hear anything. Cheers
Original post by sparklespots
I got an offer for LSE History as well
Hi folks.. I am an international student .. from UAE.... any of you from this part of the world...
Reply 919
Yeah so do I :smile: I'm trying to stay realistic, so don't mind waiting another couple of weeks if that's what it takes LSE to decide whether or not I fit into the course :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What other unis are you applying to? :smile: Is LSE your first choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending