The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shropshirelass51
I was going to wear a black trouser suit with a brightish top, do you think that's over the top!

No I don't think so :smile: you can't go wrong as long as you don't turn up in a white dress and silver heels haha x
Original post by nesca89
I have mine on 3rd, just going to wear black trousers with a smart top and Cardigan. When I was at the interviews last year, everyone was kind of mixed really x

Ah okay thank you, that's similar to what I was thinking of wearing. Good luck with your interview! :smile:
Original post by nesca89
No I don't think so :smile: you can't go wrong as long as you don't turn up in a white dress and silver heels haha x

Thanks and good luck to everyone who has interviews coming up and fingers crossed for all those waiting to hear.
Original post by sophie20
Ah okay thank you, that's similar to what I was thinking of wearing. Good luck with your interview! :smile:

Good luck with yours too :smile:

Original post by shropshirelass51
Thanks and good luck to everyone who has interviews coming up and fingers crossed for all those waiting to hear.

Good luck! :smile:

Everybody.... Don't forget to add yourself to this table and update when you receive offers and interviews http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Speech_and_Language_Therapy_undergraduate_courses_2015

It's nice to see it starting to fill up with interviews and such :smile:
Original post by nesca89
Congratulations! :smile:

Yes, I had exactly the same. I emailed the uni of to tell them I can't make it and they gave me another date for 10th Dec :smile: x

Oh good! I've emailed and asked them, I really hope it doesn't go against us! :frown: It shouldn't do though!
Original post by Grace1Harley
Oh good! I've emailed and asked them, I really hope it doesn't go against us! :frown: It shouldn't do though!

No I really don't think it would, they understand that people have lives and can't just drop everything :smile: I wouldn't worry about it x
Original post by nesca89
No I really don't think it would, they understand that people have lives and can't just drop everything :smile: I wouldn't worry about it x

I hope so! Thank you, good luck with both of your interviews! It's getting close now :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
I hope so! Thank you, good luck with both of your interviews! It's getting close now :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

Thank you, and you. Its getting scarily close indeed! Can't wait to get it out the way x
Original post by nesca89
Thank you, and you. Its getting scarily close indeed! Can't wait to get it out the way x

Hey well done on your interview invite to UofM - they seem a little more organised than last year when they only had 3 initial interview dates then had to cram loads in near the end. Let me know if they have changed the process too because I think last year was the first time they did formal interviews so they may make changes (like maybe telling people earlier lol). Is that 2 down and 3 to go?

And well done to everyone else who has interviews too - good luck!!!
Original post by AmyPilot
Hey well done on your interview invite to UofM - they seem a little more organised than last year when they only had 3 initial interview dates then had to cram loads in near the end. Let me know if they have changed the process too because I think last year was the first time they did formal interviews so they may make changes (like maybe telling people earlier lol). Is that 2 down and 3 to go?

And well done to everyone else who has interviews too - good luck!!!

Thank you! :smile: they do seem more organised and they said they will make decisions by march 3rd which was earlier than last year I think? From what I can see, the only change is that the interview is on paper not computer :smile: x
Original post by nesca89
Thank you! :smile: they do seem more organised and they said they will make decisions by march 3rd which was earlier than last year I think? From what I can see, the only change is that the interview is on paper not computer :smile: x

Yeah last year it was 28 March for decisions so slightly better, but last year they weren't the worst for late replies (think that prize went to Sheffield and dmu!).

Good luck!
Original post by AmyPilot
Yeah last year it was 28 March for decisions so slightly better, but last year they weren't the worst for late replies (think that prize went to Sheffield and dmu!).

Good luck!

Oh yes I remember DMU, they were awful. And just offered that other course which was really bizarre! But yeah, hopefully the replies will be prompt!
Reply 352
Hi everyone, I've been reading this thread for a while now and thought I should join :smile: I've applied to leeds beck, reading, uni of man, bcu and Cardiff met. Has anyone heard anything from leeds?
Original post by kb11
Hi everyone, I've been reading this thread for a while now and thought I should join :smile: I've applied to leeds beck, reading, uni of man, bcu and Cardiff met. Has anyone heard anything from leeds?

Welcome! Leeds told us on the open day that no one would hear anything till after the deadline when they go through all the applications so I think it will be late January before we hear anything! Don't worry about it, have you got any other interviews/offers?
Original post by kb11

Welcome to our forum :smile: good luck with your application, have you heard anything from anywhere yet? X
Reply 355
I was just wondering, how old will everyone be if they are successful and start the degree in 2015? I will be 23 and will feel really old gong back to uni especially after I have just graduated
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by djavor
I was just wondering, how old will everyone be if they are successful and start the degree in 2015? I will be 23 and will feel really old gong back to uni especially after I have just graduated
I'll be 18, but a lot of people here have said they'll be deferred entries, trying again or mature students :smile:
Reply 357
Welcome! Leeds told us on the open day that no one would hear anything till after the deadline when they go through all the applications so I think it will be late January before we hear anything! Don't worry about it, have you got any other interviews/offers?

Okay thanks I wasn't sure, I've got an interview with manchester on the 3rd and reading sent me a questionnaire. What about you?
Reply 358
I'll be 27 in January. You are not old :tongue:
Never too old - it's all in the mind! I would say that though, as I'm even older than 23 reversed! :tongue:

Also, for all who have applied to BCU, my Track has updated now so can accept the interview invitation. Great news!

Quick Reply

Latest