The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kidioteque
Haven't applied. I'm sure they'll get back to you soon, try not to stress over one firm :smile:

Oops! Sorry my mistake! :smile: thank you anyway!
Original post by school_freak
anyone heard from linklaters for the winter workshop? thanks :smile:

I'm still waiting too! Applied quite a while ago.
Original post by yytan154
I'm still waiting too! Applied quite a while ago.

Hopefully we'll hear from them soon! When did you complete the WG test may i ask?
Original post by Kidioteque
Initially I was relieved to have a break from the tedious competency questions etc, but actually the fact it's so open-ended is a bit frustrating

I'd take the tedious competency based questions over this any day. How are you going about approaching it?
Reply 264
Hi all, I have recently sent off my application to Slaughter and May for the summer vacation scheme, but I realised I did a terrible mistake by writing Slaughter & May instead of Slaughter and May in my cover letter. Would you think they could reject me just on the basis of that error even with a good application? Should I contact them to let them know about it?

As a side note, I already had an assessment day with Freshfields but got a post-interview rejection (due to my average performance at the interview, it was my first interview ever so I guess it is part of the learning process) :/ Got invited for Linklaters' assessment day though!

Good luck with all your applications.
Anyone heard back from Linklaters post assessment day?
Original post by school_freak
Hopefully we'll hear from them soon! When did you complete the WG test may i ask?

I haven't gotten an email at all about any competency tests :frown:

I did get an email acknowledging my application and saying thank you but that was it.

Also, I applied for the winter workshop only, not the winter vac scheme. Was your WG for the vac scheme or the workshop?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SophieLK
Has anyone else taken the tests for HSF and still not heard back from them concerning the winter vac scheme? I'm only slightly concerned because I had some issues with my test that I thought were resolved but now it's been so long I'm wondering if not. On their website it says assessments for their winter vac scheme are early november?

Have you heard back from HSF?
Has anyone who has been interviewed by Jones Day for a summer vacation scheme heard back from them yet? If so, how long did it take to hear back after having the interview?
Has anyone heard anything from BLP post AC for the winter scheme?
Original post by yytan154
I haven't gotten an email at all about any competency tests :frown:

I did get an email acknowledging my application and saying thank you but that was it.

Also, I applied for the winter workshop only, not the winter vac scheme. Was your WG for the vac scheme or the workshop?

yea it was for the workshop
Has anyone ever done a comprehension test for a VS application before? Is it just like Verbal Reasoning etc?
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi

Does anyone know if you are unsuccessful with a vac scheme at A&O whether you can still apply for a TC? Have checked their website, and the answer (to me) isn't particularly clear...

*From A&O website*
[h="5"]If I don’t do a vacation placement with you, can I still apply for a training contract?[/h]Candidates are limited to one application per academic year for a Vacation Scheme.

Reply 273
Original post by aymz1983
Hi

Does anyone know if you are unsuccessful with a vac scheme at A&O whether you can still apply for a TC? Have checked their website, and the answer (to me) isn't particularly clear...

*From A&O website*
If I don’t do a vacation placement with you, can I still apply for a training contract?

Candidates are limited to one application per academic year for a Vacation Scheme.

you can apply for a TC. I think they have something on their website saying that you can apply but they encourage you to rethink your application since it was unsuccessful the first time around.
Original post by cik20
you can apply for a TC. I think they have something on their website saying that you can apply but they encourage you to rethink your application since it was unsuccessful the first time around.

Thank you. I haven't sent a VS app to them yet as was unsure!
Original post by Tanckx
Hi all, I have recently sent off my application to Slaughter and May for the summer vacation scheme, but I realised I did a terrible mistake by writing Slaughter & May instead of Slaughter and May in my cover letter. Would you think they could reject me just on the basis of that error even with a good application? Should I contact them to let them know about it?

As a side note, I already had an assessment day with Freshfields but got a post-interview rejection (due to my average performance at the interview, it was my first interview ever so I guess it is part of the learning process) :/ Got invited for Linklaters' assessment day though!

Good luck with all your applications.

Hey how did you find the Freshfields interview and when did they get back to you? Just had mine and I'm really nervous :redface:
Reply 276
Original post by Horse273
Hey how did you find the Freshfields interview and when did they get back to you? Just had mine and I'm really nervous :redface:

It's quite straight forward but it's a bit of luck whether you get an informal chat or a good cop bad cop routine for the competency based interview. Mine was very tough and challenging! I had it on a Friday and got an email on Tuesday afternoon.

I wish you the best! :smile:
Original post by Tanckx
It's quite straight forward but it's a bit of luck whether you get an informal chat or a good cop bad cop routine for the competency based interview. Mine was very tough and challenging! I had it on a Friday and got an email on Tuesday afternoon.

I wish you the best! :smile:

Is the competency the first one based on your application? I think I was lucky in getting an informal chat but we'll see if that really was a good thing or not.

Wow that is very quick...was it by email or phone?
Reply 278
Original post by Horse273
Is the competency the first one based on your application? I think I was lucky in getting an informal chat but we'll see if that really was a good thing or not.

Wow that is very quick...was it by email or phone?

Yes the CV-based one :smile: I found the other one fairly easy and the written exercise too. But I'm still waiting on feedback.
I got an email but I think I heard that offers are by letter or call.
Reply 279
Hi there to those of you who have had Freshfields interview how long did it take for you to hear back?? Over a week after Verbal Reasoning or is that a bad sign??
Also has anyone had a Hogan Lovells Phone interview??

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending