The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsNerd1
No I'm not and to be honest it was all information that you could find if you did a fair amount of digging, just thought it was quite convenient for it to all be given at one time and to now have connections with a MD in Credit Suisse and a group in Sales and Trading for RBS

Very nice, mention on your CV that you're a moderator of TSR. :cool:

You're my in to IB, in 4 years.
How many on average (out of 10) questions does one have to answer to pass the RBS Logical Test? It wasn't easy at all... :smile: Thanks
Original post by Anonynous
Ahh very good! I've hardly met anyone studying Banking & I'ntl Finance.

Do you want me to run through your CV or cover letters and offer some feedback?

It would probably be down to those areas where applicants fall weak, as interview invites shouldn't be to much of a problem given the university.

Yes sure, I'll pm you!
Original post by Manuelle
How many on average (out of 10) questions does one have to answer to pass the RBS Logical Test? It wasn't easy at all... :smile: Thanks

I was in the 70th Percentile and they sent me an email about a potential interview.
2 rejections and no good news so far. I'm starting to get worried :frown:
But how do you know your percentile? As soon as I completed the assignment my test window closed and I was redirected back to the main website without seeing any results.
Original post by Bloxorus
2 rejections and no good news so far. I'm starting to get worried :frown:

hey bro, I cant remember, was it you who was talking to me about applying later on in the term? Where have you heard from?
Original post by welcometoib
hey bro, I cant remember, was it you who was talking to me about applying later on in the term? Where have you heard from?

Yeah it was I think.

So far I've applied to: CS, BAML, Nomura, BNP Paribas, Rothschild, Citi and UBS

Rejections from CS and Nomura so far...
Original post by Bloxorus
Yeah it was I think.

So far I've applied to: CS, BAML, Nomura, BNP Paribas, Rothschild, Citi and UBS

Rejections from CS and Nomura so far...

Any feedback from Nomura? Did you do tests for them or do they screen pre-tests?
Original post by Manuelle
But how do you know your percentile? As soon as I completed the assignment my test window closed and I was redirected back to the main website without seeing any results.

You get given your report, in your candidate area after you complete the tests. You may have to wait a couple days.
Original post by Anonynous
Any feedback from Nomura? Did you do tests for them or do they screen pre-tests?

No feedback. I applied around a month ago with no test invites and got the rejection yesterday.
rotsh have only just started screening summer apps, dont expect anything for us for a while yet :frown:

No db response for over a week post tests, my app wasnt great tbh, anyone else?
Have missed sending a few replies so will send an update. Will try and keep on top of replies.

Leeds Uni. Chinese and German (French modules). #holdtightrusselgroupuniswhicharenttargetunis #choseuniforthecourse #dontneedtodefendleedsuni #leedsisheavenonearth :rolleyes:

Did RBS A-level insight and got fastracked (Hang tight my RBS buddies if you are here x). Passed the tel. interview and after you pass the interview they send you an email saying you have 'reached the benchmark' and so they are now just waiting etc and doing final screening and we find out at the end of Feb. Slightly annoying but hey... :smile:

HSBC internship (Not Global Markets, but retail, wealth and corporate; applied for the global markets spring week as well)... passed telephone interview and preliminary screening etc and now have assessment center.

Other apps no real news, so not sure whether to take that as good or bad, but still early days. Have maybe 3 or 4 apps more to send - just banks I haven't yet done. Might also send off big 4.

As you may know, you can apply to 3 divisions in Credit Suisse. I received an IBD rejection but operations and finance apps are still alive. (i forgot to detail which langs I do as I rushed my app. Seeing as they can't see how much you know bout financial markets etc so I cannot show my tech. knowledge, was silly mistake as it is something big I offer.)

Made BIG Deutsche mistake; didn't complete numerical test within the time because went to wrong email folder - MAKE SURE YOU ALL DO YOUR DEUTSCHE BANK TEST... they told me they cannot re-invite me. Shame. They love people who do languages. Oh well, always internship time.

Rejection from Nomura but I was unchanged when I received that which probably means my application wasn't great.

:angry:

Will be sending off other apps whenever I am not learning how to tell my friends that 'I often eat steamed dumplings' 我常常吃包子,你呢? :wink:

Good luck ladies and gents. Speak soon.

P.s my 2 telephone interviews so far haven't involved any technical questions if that helps. Would rather not speak about the content of them as you often forget and also was personal to me but is competency questions.

>>>>>> Interviews (telephone) will be split into parts. Part 1 will be about how well you would fit in with the bank etc and if you don't satisfy them and they think you are just applying for shi*s and giggles, they will actually end the interview (but they tell you this at the start - just a heads up lads and lasses)...

Ciao. :biggrin:

I wrote this and then went back and put smileys in. Don't judge.
(edited 9 years ago)
Nomura seemed impossible now...:frown:
Has anyone received a Citiquest rejection
How long do Credit Suisse take to interview/reject? I sent my application / did the tests almost 2 months ago and it says 'application under review'? :s-smilie:
Original post by JackR7821

HSBC internship (Not Global Markets, but retail, wealth and corporate; applied for the global markets spring week as well)... passed telephone interview and preliminary screening etc and now have assessment center.

Did you apply to both at the same time? I chose the internship over the spring week, as I though it might look bad if you want to do both Global Markets and Retail Banking.

What do you think, is it viable for me to apply to the spring week as well? I am doing my Logical Reasoning test for the HSBC internship tomorrow.
Is it too late to sent off additional applications now?
Have the potential to be fast tracked with DB if I impress on Tuesday as they are looking to recruit students from my university and this is an intimate event with only 20 out of 60 applications being chosen.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MathsNerd1
Have the potential to be fast tracked with DB if I impress on Tuesday as they are looking to recruit students from my university and this is an intimate event with only 10 out of 500 applications being chosen.

what university is this that are giving so many opportunities to you?

Latest

Trending

Trending