The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Phone interview with BAML today, any last-minute advice? :smile:
Original post by welcometoib
what university is this that are giving so many opportunities to you?

Nottingham, our gold sponsors are DB, RBS, ICAP, HSBC and have links with CS too. DB are specifically looking into filling up their Birmingham office with students from around the area, or at least seem to be targeting Nottingham.
Original post by Purple_fox

why baml, why your division, and the standard competency questions :smile:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Nottingham, our gold sponsors are DB, RBS, ICAP, HSBC and have links with CS too. DB are specifically looking into filling up their Birmingham office with students from around the area, or at least seem to be targeting Nottingham.

ah, that makes sense. im surprised db do nothing at all at warwick seeing as coventry is so close to bham? v odd.
Well, 7-8 spots for ibd and s and t at db, defo my first choice alongside rotschild, gl with that event thing :smile:
ANYONE who has applied for IBD at JPM. Can you confirm that you got numerical straight away? Also anyone with an email address for them?
ah, that makes sense. im surprised db do nothing at all at warwick seeing as coventry is so close to bham? v odd.
Well, 7-8 spots for ibd and s and t at db, defo my first choice alongside rotschild, gl with that event thing :smile:

Yeah that does seem quite strange, I'm sure they have their own sponsors though and thanks, just need to be at my best and they could push my application through to the next stage much quicker
Original post by Purple_fox

Likeweise, what time & what division. Mine in 20 mins.
ANYONE who has applied for IBD at JPM. Can you confirm that you got numerical straight away? Also anyone with an email address for them?

Nope, I've had nothing for a couple weeks now.
Original post by limpan142
Did you apply to both at the same time? I chose the internship over the spring week, as I though it might look bad if you want to do both Global Markets and Retail Banking.

What do you think, is it viable for me to apply to the spring week as well? I am doing my Logical Reasoning test for the HSBC internship tomorrow.

Mate do it. The departments are SEPARATE I.e no real communication between the two therefore they wont know. Spring week application is so long - 5x250 word answers... Especially awful if you write them all and then they get deleted!

Also who can mark you down for wanting to kick start your career?

J.
Original post by Anonynous
Likeweise, what time & what division. Mine in 20 mins.

hey how long after completing the final stage of your application did you hear back from them ?, I only just finished and am worried that I have left it too late.
Original post by starter
hey how long after completing the final stage of your application did you hear back from them ?, I only just finished and am worried that I have left it too late.

a month and a bit.
Original post by JackR7821
Mate do it. The departments are SEPARATE I.e no real communication between the two therefore they wont know. Spring week application is so long - 5x250 word answers... Especially awful if you write them all and then they get deleted!

Also who can mark you down for wanting to kick start your career?

J.

Well, it's just that the application for Retail Banking/ Wealth Management said you should be available for another summer if you do well (which would be at the same time as the summer interhship for IBD).

Yeah, I guess it should be alright to apply for both.
Springs weeks are useless tbh
Original post by Mustgetintoib
Springs weeks are useless tbh

Name on the CV, chance to get fasttracked to internship, chance to network, spending time inside a bank you want to work for. Doesn't seem useless to me.

But that's none of my business.
Original post by MathsNerd1
Have the potential to be fast tracked with DB if I impress on Tuesday as they are looking to recruit students from my university and this is an intimate event with only 10 out of 500 applications being chosen.

lol I go to the University of Nottingham, first year Economics, and also got onto this. You were chosen with 20 people from a total of 60 people.
I am applying for Deutsche Bank but for the spring week it says "Class of 2015" - this isn't right is it?
Original post by limpan142
Well, it's just that the application for Retail Banking/ Wealth Management said you should be available for another summer if you do well (which would be at the same time as the summer interhship for IBD).

Yeah, I guess it should be alright to apply for both.

Yeah true but thing is if you get both and then get both internships, they can't force you to do retail if you wanna do IBD. I would say it's okay.
Wait, I thought this was around the right time for applying since deadlines are in Jan/Feb?
Original post by Alex-Torres
Wait, I thought this was around the right time for applying since deadlines are in Jan/Feb?

You're pretty late, most are just starting the interview stages, so you might want to get your applications in quickly.
Original post by Alex-Torres
I am applying for Deutsche Bank but for the spring week it says "Class of 2015" - this isn't right is it?

Considering it'll be in 2015 when the spring week takes place, it makes sense to me why they have called it that

Latest

Trending

Trending