The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jisici
I'll be 27 in January. You are not old :tongue:

Just to let you know track has just updated for the BCU interview
Reply 361
I liked BCU partly because they said 60% of their SLT students are mature! Just wish the accommodation was nicer.. but its so close D:
Original post by jisici
I liked BCU partly because they said 60% of their SLT students are mature! Just wish the accommodation was nicer.. but its so close D:

Sounds good to me. Good to have a broad range of people. You will spot me at the interview, I will be the one with all the wrinkles!
Reply 363
Original post by shropshirelass51
Sounds good to me. Good to have a broad range of people. You will spot me at the interview, I will be the one with all the wrinkles!

I'm sending my application off tonight, so maybe not, I hope so though! Good luck either way :smile:
Original post by djavor
I was just wondering, how old will everyone be if they are successful and start the degree in 2015? I will be 23 and will feel really old gong back to uni especially after I have just graduated

Don't worry about being old! We have a real range of ages in our class - two thirds are straight from school, but the other third are aged 19 to about 50, with mature students, gap year people and students who had just completed a degree. What was your previous degree in? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by djavor
I was just wondering, how old will everyone be if they are successful and start the degree in 2015? I will be 23 and will feel really old gong back to uni especially after I have just graduated

Don't be daft! I'll be 25 when I start the course in 2015. You're never too old to improve your life :smile: hehe
I've got two written interviews in December for Birmingham City University and University of Manchester! Trying my best to revise, but don't really know the best ways of preparing.

Good luck to all applying!

X
Reply 367
Original post by Butterfly9595
Don't worry about being old! We have a real range of ages in our class - two thirds are straight from school, but the other third are aged 19 to about 50, with mature students, gap year people and students who had just completed a degree. What was your previous degree in? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh that's made me a little bit less worried then! It was in Psychology but I've been thinking about doing SLT for a couple of years and my first degree grade wasn't good enough to get into postgrad
Original post by jredwards21
I've got two written interviews in December for Birmingham City University and University of Manchester! Trying my best to revise, but don't really know the best ways of preparing.

Good luck to all applying!

X

Well done! When is your manchester interview? The best thing you can do is just read up on the career and the rest will follow :smile:
Original post by djavor
Ahh that's made me a little bit less worried then! It was in Psychology but I've been thinking about doing SLT for a couple of years and my first degree grade wasn't good enough to get into postgrad

Quote a few of the first years at Newcastle are in their mid-to-late 20 (myself included). The oldest is mid 40s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 370
Original post by evantej
Quote a few of the first years at Newcastle are in their mid-to-late 20 (myself included). The oldest is mid 40s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds good to me! Hoping for a decent number of mature students in Sheffield too. At Manchester Uni a few years ago, about 3/4 of the course were under 20 and the rest mid 20s to early 30s, one mid 40s.
I'd be 28 on starting the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Clivia
Sounds good to me! Hoping for a decent number of mature students in Sheffield too. At Manchester Uni a few years ago, about 3/4 of the course were under 20 and the rest mid 20s to early 30s, one mid 40s.
I'd be 28 on starting the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the feeling last year that Sheffield preferred the "mature" student so I wouldn't worry about age being a problem.
Hey! Got an interview for Uni of Manchester, but it hasn't come up on track...has any one else confirmed the date via track or is it through the invitation email?

Thank you, and well done on the interview guys!x
Reply 373
Original post by Ellice97
Hey! Got an interview for Uni of Manchester, but it hasn't come up on track...has any one else confirmed the date via track or is it through the invitation email?

Thank you, and well done on the interview guys!x

Hi, I confirmed via email, for some reason a lot of the uni's aren't offering interviews through track :smile:
Original post by CuriousLinguist
Never too old - it's all in the mind! I would say that though, as I'm even older than 23 reversed! :tongue:

Also, for all who have applied to BCU, my Track has updated now so can accept the interview invitation. Great news!

Can anyone recommend any speech therapy books?
Thanks
The answer is probably obvious but how do you confirm an interview date if you get it through email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shropshirelass51
Can anyone recommend any speech therapy books?
Thanks

Have you read "a career in Speech and Language Therapy"?
Reply 377
Original post by djavor

I'm 23 as well and will be 24 by next September!
Reply 378
I was under the impression that we didn't need to confirm that we're attending for the Uni of Manchester as it didn't say anything in the email about it
Hello guys! I went to Marjon yesterday and they said the format of the interview is we'll get given a topic on the day to present a short presentation on, then get given some ethical issues to discuss in groups. The admissions lady was lovely! ☺☺☺

However I got an interview from UEA today, also on the 20th January...nervous to ask them for a different date :s

Quick Reply

Latest