The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
2nd choice after Cambridge?

Loving my guitar btw :lol:

It's going to take me at least a year before I can play Glasgow Kiss up to speed though, I've learnt about half of the notes :lol:

I don't know, maybe, I really liked Bath as a place but UCL's course is slightly better. :dontknow: What about you? Have you got your Cambridge interview yet?

That's great, I'm glad you like it! Haha, you'll have to post a video once you've learnt it. :wink:
Original post by drowninginsound
I don't know, maybe, I really liked Bath as a place but UCL's course is slightly better. :dontknow: What about you? Have you got your Cambridge interview yet?

That's great, I'm glad you like it! Haha, you'll have to post a video once you've learnt it. :wink:

Got an interview at Christ's, but they haven't told me the date yet.

It's going to be quite a while before I do that :lol: I think I'll learn all of the notes then just focus on certain chunks and polish them up. The whole song is about 7.5 minutes though :lol:

Do you do videos? :lol:

Forgot to ask this, but what did you actually do on the offer holder day?
Original post by Bude8
Got an interview at Christ's, but they haven't told me the date yet.

It's going to be quite a while before I do that :lol: I think I'll learn all of the notes then just focus on certain chunks and polish them up. The whole song is about 7.5 minutes though :lol:

Do you do videos? :lol:

Awesome, good luck. You're ChemEng, right? Mine's on the 8th, dead nervous now.

Well, persevere and I'm sure you'll get there eventually. It's quite a piece to attempt though... :colondollar:

Haha, god no, I don't tend to learn that many covers to be honest. Any songs I do learn are normally too obscure for anyone to want to watch a video of them. :lol:

Original post by Bude8
Forgot to ask this, but what did you actually do on the offer holder day?

We all had lunch first (the most important part of the day, obviously) and then had a talk from the head of NatSci admissions. Parents and applicants split and had separate campus tours. We then got shown round whichever department we'd chosen for our major subject (I'[d said Chemistry but I may switch to Physics, don't know) and finished off having a small group "interview" with a member of the teaching staff - it wasn't really an interview, more just asking us questions like why we'd applied to Bath, what were our motivations for studying NatSci etc. Hopefully you'll get invited to something similar. :smile:
Original post by Bude8
YES
LET THE BLACK HOLE CONSUME YOU
DON'T FIGHT BACK

KnB is so good, truly epic man. Love the music too.

I won't resist :colone: The OST for KnB is pretty awesome.
Original post by Red Fox
AoT and KnB were 2 of the first 3 I watched. Anime is awesome:biggrin:.

Definitely! :biggrin: :five:
Original post by JustaDreamer
I won't resist :colone: The OST for KnB is pretty awesome.

Definitely! :biggrin: :five:

I tried Kuroko's misdirection and some Aomine style formless shots while playing basketball the other day. It's safe to say I looked like a bit of an idiot:lol:.
Original post by Red Fox
I tried Kuroko's misdirection and some Aomine style formless shots while playing basketball the other day. It's safe to say I looked like a bit of an idiot:lol:.

HAHAHAH YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

true anime fans will try things from animes at least once, you have my utmost respect! (Don't worry, I've been there too, more than once admittedly)

Awesome, good luck. You're ChemEng, right? Mine's on the 8th, dead nervous now.

Well, persevere and I'm sure you'll get there eventually. It's quite a piece to attempt though... :colondollar:

Haha, god no, I don't tend to learn that many covers to be honest. Any songs I do learn are normally too obscure for anyone to want to watch a video of them. :lol:

We all had lunch first (the most important part of the day, obviously) and then had a talk from the head of NatSci admissions. Parents and applicants split and had separate campus tours. We then got shown round whichever department we'd chosen for our major subject (I'[d said Chemistry but I may switch to Physics, don't know) and finished off having a small group "interview" with a member of the teaching staff - it wasn't really an interview, more just asking us questions like why we'd applied to Bath, what were our motivations for studying NatSci etc. Hopefully you'll get invited to something similar. :smile:

Yeah, ChemEng via NST :smile:

Yup, I know, but it's really fun to play and I can play it at a decent speed :lol: Took my pro friend a few months and he's played for 5 years ish, that's why I think it'll take me at least a year even if I solely focus on it :lol: I'm really liking the other songs from that album though (Suspended Animation), they sound great but I don't know if they'll be like Glasgow Kiss in terms of difficulty :redface: and they use multiple guitars :frown:

Ah ok, so I'm guessing you spent the morning in the city then, before the actual offer holder day thing took place? I think the website says the ChemEng dep will do one, probably after New Year's then.
Original post by Bude8
HAHAHAH YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

true anime fans will try things from animes at least once, you have my utmost respect! (Don't worry, I've been there too, more than once admittedly)

I'm a center usually and I rarely shoot so everyone was like wtf is going on today. Might have to try the Midorima high-arc shots soon:lol:.
Hey guys, can anyone help me out?

I'm taking a gap year to decide whether to go to uni in UK or Australia, but frankly have no ****ing idea what to do. Obviously I'll want a job, but I don't even know how to start looking for that sort of thing.
Original post by Red Fox
I'm a center usually and I rarely shoot so everyone was like wtf is going on today. Might have to try the Midorima high-arc shots soon:lol:.

Do it from your side's paint! :lol:
Original post by Bude8
Do it from your side's paint! :lol:

I only started playing again after watching the show. Everyone probably thinks I've gone mad.
Original post by Red Fox
I only started playing again after watching the show. Everyone probably thinks I've gone mad.

Original post by Bude8

I'll be honest with you, I can't do any of that:tongue:. Haven't come across any of it in A-Level Maths or FM yet (Maclaurin's is FP3). Although I reckon I could have a decent stab at part (c) I'll just learn Maclaurin's series first, exciting Friday night:lol:. The limit question looks quite simple but I have no idea how to do it, I swear they're not even mentioned once in A-Level which is pretty bad.
Original post by Red Fox
I'll be honest with you, I can't do any of that:tongue:. Haven't come across any of it in A-Level Maths or FM yet (Maclaurin's is FP3). Although I reckon I could have a decent stab at part (c) I'll just learn Maclaurin's series first, exciting Friday night:lol:. The limit question looks quite simple but I have no idea how to do it, I swear they're not even mentioned once in A-Level which is pretty bad.

Going to be honest, I've been studying limits for about a week or two and I still could not explain it to someone else. I'll need to re-teach myself it :frown:

What about a bit of kinematics?
Original post by MangoFreak

I'm taking a gap year to decide whether to go to uni in UK or Australia, but frankly have no ****ing idea what to do. Obviously I'll want a job, but I don't even know how to start looking for that sort of thing.

mmmaannggoooo sup

ok, firstly, what sort of job would you be looking for? one just to build up the bank, or one that would be relevant to the course you want to do at uni?

(and the gap year is so you can decide what to do... so it doesn't matter if you have no idea now :wink: )
Original post by Bude8
x

Can't get the damn latex to work:lol.

bii) Same as the one for T but v on the top instead of 1
c) T=1.16, S=22.3?

IB questions are quite tricky(assuming it is an IB question)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Red Fox
Can't get the damn latex to work:lol.

bii) Same as the one for T but v on the top instead of 1
c) T=1.16, S=22.3?

IB questions are quite tricky(assuming it is an IB question)

Yup, that's right :lol:
Original post by MangoFreak

Volunteering? Take up a new hobby or improve on one you already have? Improve on your A levels or take up new ones? Work experience? Travelling? There's loads you can do! I'm taking one at the minute, I only even decided to in June and even then didn't have a clue what I wanted to do, so don't feel you have to be too set on things just yet :redface:
Original post by Bude8
Yup, that's right :lol:

I definitely need to go over some mechanics before interview, I'm having visions of getting there and not being able to do F=ma questions
Original post by Red Fox
I definitely need to go over some mechanics before interview, I'm having visions of getting there and not being able to do F=ma questions

Just remember, total energy at top = total energy at bottom :lol:

Latest