The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oobaid1996
Got BBC for Aston and got interview for Manchester on 26th sort of scared where did u apply

Don't worry they're really nice! Especially the head of admissions!, Bath and cardiff next week but still haven't heard from DMU

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Rhyss01
Don't worry they're really nice! Especially the head of admissions!, Bath and cardiff next week but still haven't heard from DMU

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an offer from DMU without interview
I got an offer from DMU without interview

Actually I just had an offer! Need CCC

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhyss01
Actually I just had an offer! Need CCC

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is dmu any good I just applied to it to fill the fifth option don't think I'm going there
Original post by ammaarah01
I'm applying for chemistry to but gonna do the foundation year... What kinda questions did they ask in the interview? And that's soooooo good

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not going to tell you the questions, they won't be the same anyway. My interviewer asked me what my understanding of his research is. You should obviously know why you want to study chemistry at university. But thank you, and really don't stress! It's not all that bad. :smile:
Is dmu any good I just applied to it to fill the fifth option don't think I'm going there

It was my 5th choice as well, but I think bath and cardiff will both give me AAB so I think it'll have to be my insurance. How do you send the DBS check???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhyss01
It was my 5th choice as well, but I think bath and cardiff will both give me AAB so I think it'll have to be my insurance. How do you send the DBS check???

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm confused I think colleges do that so we need to ask career services
I'm confused I think colleges do that so we need to ask career services

AAB if I'm successful*** not cocky haha, I'll ask on Monday and ill let you know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhyss01
AAB if I'm successful*** not cocky haha, I'll ask on Monday and ill let you know

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol im sure u will do fine
I just received an invitation to an interview for Earth Sciences!!!!!!11
Got an interview invitation on a Wednesday in Januaryyy 28th for Biomed!
Nooooooo it's during school day, I'm going to miss a lot :frown:

Guys please tell me when is your interview ie time and date.
I am thinking to change it, maybe on the weekend...but I am not sure if they do it on the weekend?

Mines is from 12.45 - 4.30pm...That's pretty long because apparently after the interview, they tour you around the university...But I don't need to have a tour, I have been there hundreds time!
Reply 731
I'm glad I didn't have an interview, was slightly worrying about it.
Got invitation for Earth Sciences interview! The 28th January!
See you guys there!
Original post by Makashima
Got an interview invitation on a Wednesday in Januaryyy 28th for Biomed!
Nooooooo it's during school day, I'm going to miss a lot :frown:

Guys please tell me when is your interview ie time and date.
I am thinking to change it, maybe on the weekend...but I am not sure if they do it on the weekend?

Mines is from 12.45 - 4.30pm...That's pretty long because apparently after the interview, they tour you around the university...But I don't need to have a tour, I have been there hundreds time!

I don't think they do interviews on weekends- you can ask to get it changed if you want, but they'll do it for another school day instead :cool:
Reply 734
Yeah i did when i went to an open day, but i can't remember what they were like! I definitely want an ensuite though, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Meli.Hardege
Have you looked at the accommodation? I really don't know which ones I'd go for :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BP_Tranquility
I don't think they do interviews on weekends- you can ask to get it changed if you want, but they'll do it for another school day instead :cool:

Ahhh I suppose so because my two other friends' interviews > Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday is also the day with the least subjects thus it is the minimum amount of work that I afford to miss!
Reply 736
Original post by TwoLimes
Hey, I've got an offer for English & Creative Writing (offer for straight English Lit with an opportunity to be considered for the writing school), and an offer for English Lit & American Studies. I reckon I'll be firming the latter after visiting again on the 10th December :smile:

Nice! I have an offer for economics and politics, it's probably going to be my reserve!
Reply 737
Does anyone have any tips on the interview for Pharmacy at Manchester?
Reply 738
Original post by Kaleyelizabeth96
Just got an unconditional for Pharmacy :biggrin:

Well done! I'm applying for Pharmacy too. How did your interview go and any tips/advice will be appreciated.
:smile:
Reply 739
Original post by Planckton
Had my physics interview today :biggrin:

hi, as a parent I have the most annoying of questions...sorry...but just how 'casually' were you all dressed for the interview process? My son has his physics interview on the 25 th and currently owns only combat shorts and school uniform, besides a formal suit...looking today for a bit of 'smart cas' clothing, fighting through the xmas shoppers! Hope your interview went well. Good luck with it all and thanks for any fashion info in advance.

Latest