The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mister Dead
look, fallen_acorns, if that's even your real name, because frankly I don't believe it is.

Sergio Aguero's name is Sergio Aguero. Agueeeeeeeeeeeeero. Aguero

do you hear.

fallen_acron

lol - much funnier then the last guy who picked me up on that..
Lol I like it when acorns call him Aguaro. it's like one of those things that you get used to.
Guys who shall I captain this week?
Costa or aguero???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3323
Original post by khalidpatel
Guys who shall I captain this week?
Costa or aguero???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Id say Sanchez. He's gonna do a mad one against united
Took a 4 pointer to get in Hazard for Fabregas this week. Hazard's gonna put pedal to metal and unleash a brace or a hatrick in coming weeks. Then I decided that Berahino is about as likely to score against Chelsea as Diego Costa is to win miss lovely-legs 2014. So out he went and in goes Charlie Austin who I mentioned the merits of getting a few weeks back shortly before not bothering and missing out on loads of points.

Ho-hum. 8 Point hit. Next week i'm going Clyne ----> Caulker and spend the funds elsewhere.

Really would like a Chelsea defender but I can't find the wonga.
So hard to keep in touch with this with my job now. I'm always working during games. :sad:
Blimey I have had no luck in Division B. 9th top score overall in league. In bottom position. I just seem to hit everyone on their best days.
Costa for me. I think Chelsea will put a few past West Brom, can't say the same for City against Swansea.

I can see this being a very low scoring week, especially if Baines doesn't play.

Ho-hum. 8 Point hit. Next week i'm going Clyne ----> Caulker and spend the funds elsewhere.

Yeh i'm ditching Forster after this week as well. Wanted to get rid of Bertrand but there's no better option at his price (I can only sell him for 5.3), whereas with Forster I could go for a £4.5m keeper and use the funds elsewhere. Can see Southampton defenders taking a nosedive in value over the next few weeks because so many people have doubled up on them.
Took a 4 pointer to get in Hazard for Fabregas this week. Hazard's gonna put pedal to metal and unleash a brace or a hatrick in coming weeks. Then I decided that Berahino is about as likely to score against Chelsea as Diego Costa is to win miss lovely-legs 2014. So out he went and in goes Charlie Austin who I mentioned the merits of getting a few weeks back shortly before not bothering and missing out on loads of points.

Not surgery you'd go for Caulker over Yun if gambling on a QPR defender. Yun is 3.9 and takes some set pieces.
Who should I get rid of this week?

Fabregas (may not play but recent news is he should be fit again)
Di Maria (exepnsive and a little off form)
Downing (unlikely to start due to injury and unlikely to beat everton - west ham probs cant keep up their form that much longer)
Original post by Narcissist
Not surgery you'd go for Caulker over Yun if gambling on a QPR defender. Yun is 3.9 and takes some set pieces.

don't need the money, and if yun assists then caulker probably scores (providing he keeps his place). there's goals coming his way
Original post by dylantombides
Who should I get rid of this week?

Fabregas (may not play but recent news is he should be fit again)
Di Maria (exepnsive and a little off form)
Downing (unlikely to start due to injury and unlikely to beat everton - west ham probs cant keep up their form that much longer)

Entirely depends on who you are getting rid of them for.
Original post by sr90
Entirely depends on who you are getting rid of them for.

Wanyama. to then free up funds to get Aguero the week after (and get rid of pelle)
Have decided to wildcard, need 3 defenders for a total of 13.7m, have Chambers and Dummett, any suggestions? (Thinking N.Taylor, Duff, De Laet)
Also any thoughts on 2 of Hazard, Sanchez and Di Maria? Currently thinking the first 2.
Wanyama. to then free up funds to get Aguero the week after (and get rid of pelle)

If you can get him in just by downgrading Downing then definitely him, simply by virtue of him being injured.

Original post by Alex Doran
Have decided to wildcard, need 3 defenders for a total of 13.7m, have Chambers and Dummett, any suggestions? (Thinking N.Taylor, Duff, De Laet)
Also any thoughts on 2 of Hazard, Sanchez and Di Maria? Currently thinking the first 2.

I'd probably go for Taylor (4.7), Wisdom (4.3) and Caulker (4.7). Or you can get Yun instead of Wisdom and change Caulker to a 5m player. Who's your keeper? Just to rule out the possibility of doubling up.

Definitely the first 2.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
If you can get him in just by downgrading Downing then definitely him, simply by virtue of him being injured.

Yeah but then i cant get aguero the week after. I need to get rid of either fabregas or di maria
Yeah but then i cant get aguero the week after. I need to get rid of either fabregas or di maria

Toughie, you can make a case for either. Would be inclined to say Fabregas as he usually tails off after Christmas.
Dunno who to captain?? Aguero or costa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

I'd probably go for Taylor (4.7), Wisdom (4.3) and Caulker (4.7). Or you can get Yun instead of Wisdom and change Caulker to a 5m player. Who's your keeper? Just to rule out the possibility of doubling up.

Definitely the first 2.

I don't know about Wisdom. I love the guy but his next 2 games are Arsenal and Chelsea but then again I am building a long term team here.

Also not convinced by the QPR options, I had Ferdinand for a while but it was just painful and I found myself benching him every week. They just don't look capable of getting a clean sheet at all and concede 2 or more so often.

I feel like Duff and De Laet would be better options, any reason you didn't pick them?
Original post by Alex Doran
I don't know about Wisdom. I love the guy but his next 2 games are Arsenal and Chelsea but then again I am building a long term team here.

Also not convinced by the QPR options, I had Ferdinand for a while but it was just painful and I found myself benching him every week. They just don't look capable of getting a clean sheet at all and concede 2 or more so often.

I feel like Duff and De Laet would be better options, any reason you didn't pick them?

West Brom have decent fixtures after Arsenal though. As you said, think long term :tongue: Wouldn't go near a Leicester defender at the moment given their form, 1 CS all season and they haven't won a game since that epic win over Man United. They've got to play 3 of last seasons top 6 in the next few games as well.

Quick Reply

Latest