The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilfred Little
Any particular reason for German? I was originally going to learn it but apparently it's horrendously difficult so I changed my mind and picked Spanish, plus someone sent me the stuff for it. Spanish is quite easy tbh.

Torrent Michel Thomas & Pimsleur courses. The Michel Thomas course is top notch just whack it on your iPod/phone and you're done. I was speaking in sentences after a week or so.

Not really, I've always just found the language/country/culture very interesting. I'd love to live there one day when i'm a bit older but that's probably a wild hope rather than expectation.

I shall investigate!
Original post by sr90
Not really, I've always just found the language/country/culture very interesting. I'd love to live there one day when i'm a bit older but that's probably a wild hope rather than expectation.

I shall investigate!

Same here, was listening to a lot of German music at the time.

If you decide to learn Spanish I'll upload both courses in full and PM it if you can't find them.

Watching Spanish football and being able to understand more than golgolgolgolgolgolgolgol ftw.
Same here, was listening to a lot of German music at the time.

If you decide to learn Spanish I'll upload both courses in full and PM it if you can't find them.

Watching Spanish football and being able to understand more than golgolgolgolgolgolgolgol ftw.

:laugh:

I used to live with someone who was half Spanish so I know a few basic words/phrases at least.

I'm a bit pissed off we leave it so late before we learn languages in schools. Should be taught as soon as you start, better capacity for learning.

I absolutely agree that they should teach another language from a younger age, I find it crazy that they don't offer it when children are still in primary school. To start to learn a language from year 7 which you can then drop once you pick your GCSEs doesn't make much sense.

Learning Welsh has been made compulsory from primary school all the way through until year 11, which you expect really being in Wales. But outside of Wales knowing Welsh is absolutely useless. For now it helps me with the job that I'm in but once I leave Wales I doubt I will ever use it again. Welsh is not universal enough and they should make another language compulsory to learn.

I was trying to teach myself a bit of Italian but I just couldn't get it to stick, so I think I've reached my limit with 4 languages.
Original post by ra-ra-ra
I absolutely agree that they should teach another language from a younger age, I find it crazy that they don't offer it when children are still in primary school. To start to learn a language from year 7 which you can then drop once you pick your GCSEs doesn't make much sense.

Learning Welsh has been made compulsory from primary school all the way through until year 11, which you expect really being in Wales. But outside of Wales knowing Welsh is absolutely useless. For now it helps me with the job that I'm in but once I leave Wales I doubt I will ever use it again. Welsh is not universal enough and they should make another language compulsory to learn.

I was trying to teach myself a bit of Italian but I just couldn't get it to stick, so I think I've reached my limit with 4 languages.

That's impressive though. English, Welsh, Portuguese and Spanish? How did you learn the extra languages btw?
I can speak 2 languages I suppose. Not much good though :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even Hollywood knows... Paris is a ****hole.
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
I can speak 2 languages I suppose. Not much good though :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which languages? :smile:

I can only speak Dutch and English -_-
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

As if you got made a mod, when did this happen :tongue:
That's impressive though. English, Welsh, Portuguese and Spanish? How did you learn the extra languages btw?

Haha, brilliant guess of the languages! I have to say that although I am from a Portuguese family I feel I'm better with speaking Spanish than I am Portuguese, which many people find bizarre... and I guess it is. But with Spanish I've actually been taught it properly. Went to evening classes and then studied it at University. With Portuguese that's just purely been from what I've picked up from family / spending a lot of time in Portugal and with what I read. So I say with Portuguese I'm better at the whole listening and reading than I am writing and when I come to speaking it apparently I say things in a way the Spanish would say it. I've just always had a bit more of an interest in Spanish though and even Spain as a whole really. I'm happy to visit Portugal which I do once or twice a year but I couldn't live there, but I would happily move to Spain and I even considered moving to Valencia not too long ago.

And now it's time to speak some Welsh with those Bangor City fans and endure a match vs Aberystwyth. Sometimes I feel this is more of a chore than fun, especially with it chucking down with rain and Bangor City being bloody awful to watch this season.

English, and Punjabi :colonhash: yes I know.

Congrats on promotion btw, kept that quiet didn't ya?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Isometrix
As if you got made a mod, when did this happen :tongue:

Literally about 2hrs ago. :tongue:

English, and Punjabi :colonhash: yes I know.

Congrats on promotion btw, kept that quiet didn't ya?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh that's interesting. What language do you wish you could speak? For me it has to be Italian :love:

Thanks :colondollar: Tbf you weren't here and wasn't sure if I was supposed to lol.
Literally about 2hrs ago. :tongue:

Ooh that's interesting. What language do you wish you could speak? For me it has to be Italian :love:

Thanks :colondollar: Tbf you weren't here and wasn't sure if I was supposed to lol.

Yeah probably Italian, either that or Spanish.

What do you moderate? I can't see on mobile :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah probably Italian, either that or Spanish.

What do you moderate? I can't see on mobile :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cba with French, GCSE stage was enough lol.

Football. Do you use the app or are you on your phone's internet? :smile:
Cba with French, GCSE stage was enough lol.

Football. Do you use the app or are you on your phone's internet? :smile:

You're a football mod? How come we need 2? And I'm on the app.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're a football mod? How come we need 2? And I'm on the app.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah and I don't know, the H&I category is pretty small tbh. :smile:
Yeah and I don't know, the H&I category is pretty small tbh. :smile:

Ah congrats either way, please don't ban Butty as I like him....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah congrats either way, please don't ban Butty as I like him....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I'm not like that, that would be mean!

Nah I'm not like that, that would be mean!

Unban MU pls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arsenal v Man U predictions?

Welbeck hatrick

Latest