The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IceJJFish(II)

Lol... a lot has changed since the events of this morning in the lfc thread :tongue:

I don't even know what I'm doing yet :lol: and if I could find him I would :frown:

Original post by morganlethbridge
Welbeck hatrick

Amen
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Lol... a lot has changed since the events of this morning in the lfc thread :tongue:

I don't even know what I'm doing yet :lol: and if I could find him I would :frown:

Amen

You unban and I'll tell him to come back hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
You unban and I'll tell him to come back hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll ask the SL cos I don't know what I'm doing even if he does appear somewhere :tongue:

Anyway, how are ya?
I'll ask the SL cos I don't know what I'm doing even if he does appear somewhere :tongue:

Anyway, how are ya?

Cool and there's maybe another account to look at....

I'm good man, just chilling even though I should be doing uni work. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone tried these iOS/Android apps where you learn a language through playing games? e.g. Duolingo.

Was thinking of trying, as I want to learn a language after studying some in school. But wondered any first hand reviews - reviews do look excellent on app store must say.
Unban MU pls

I still don't fully know why he was banned in the first place. Can't he just make a dupe?

The H&I mod team had 3 people so it made sense to get some new people.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Anyone tried these iOS/Android apps where you learn a language through playing games? e.g. Duolingo.

Was thinking of trying, as I want to learn a language after studying some in school. But wondered any first hand reviews - reviews do look excellent on app store must say.

Not used Duolingo but the lad who got me into Spanish likes it a lot. There's another thing you can use, it's got cats teaching you Spanish; who could resist? Need to try and remember the name.

Also there is Memrise which uses mnemonics, you can do that online on your computer.

Do you know what language you want to learn? If it's Spanish I can send you those courses if you want pal.
Original post by sr90
I still don't fully know why he was banned in the first place. Can't he just make a dupe?

The H&I mod team had 3 people so it made sense to get some new people.

So guessing you didn't ban him? He had a dupe: hello101010 which was also banned I think so he's never really bothered after that.

Ah I see, so do you guys have to just mod football or the whole section?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7948
Always forget that this thread exists.
So guessing you didn't ban him? He had a dupe: hello101010 which was also banned I think so he's never really bothered after that.

Ah I see, so do you guys have to just mod football or the whole section?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing to do with me, he was a good poster most of the time. I've checked his card history and it wasn't for anything he did in FF. I remember that username, posted in the United thread a lot, but I had no idea it was him :laugh:

You have powers for the whole section, but I never go anywhere else unless a post has been reported.
Original post by sr90
Nothing to do with me, he was a good poster most of the time. I've checked his card history and it wasn't for anything he did in FF. I remember that username, posted in the United thread a lot, but I had no idea it was him :laugh:

You have powers for the whole section, but I never go anywhere else unless a post has been reported.

He said it was for making dupes when temp banned :lol:

And ah right I see. Other sport sections don't seem to be too active, a shame really otherwise I would've posted a lot in cricket.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool and there's maybe another account to look at....

I'm good man, just chilling even though I should be doing uni work. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see :tongue:

Me too, I should be completing coursework that's due on Monday but I'm majorly procrastinating :colonhash:
There's no motivation at all! But I'll probably end up finishing and submitting it tomorrow (Or I face a 40% cap).

And ah right I see. Other sport sections don't seem to be too active, a shame really otherwise I would've posted a lot in cricket.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a bit silly, everyone does that. Did he post in chat or something?

I see :tongue:

Me too, I should be completing coursework that's due on Monday but I'm majorly procrastinating :colonhash:
There's no motivation at all! But I'll probably end up finishing and submitting it tomorrow (Or I face a 40% cap).

40% cap for late submission? That's so harsh. At my uni you'd just have 10 marks deducted and another week to do it, sometimes it was actually beneficial to take the hit and get another week to do it.

I did all my essays the day before though, with the exception of my dissertation. It was the only way I could ever motivate myself to get the work done, especially in my 3rd year. 1st year you could get away with doing the whole thing in bed and using Google books.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
40% cap for late submission? That's so harsh. At my uni you'd just have 10 marks deducted and another week to do it, sometimes it was actually beneficial to take the hit and get another week to do it.

I did all my essays the day before though, with the exception of my dissertation. It was the only way I could ever motivate myself to get the work done, especially in my 3rd year. 1st year you could get away with doing the whole thing in bed and using Google books.

Yeah! A 40% cap for late submission within a week of the deadline. After a week late 0% of it is accepted. Ahh yes, a History graduate so essays left, right and centre! It's just all the citing and referencing that's taking long...Have to get stuff from a range of sources. *Sighh*
Original post by sr90
That's a bit silly, everyone does that. Did he post in chat or something?

I dunno tbh, he might've done.

You guys are lucky though, my uni you fail if not in time, no second chance!
Reply 7955

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're so Asian
Yeah! A 40% cap for late submission within a week of the deadline. After a week late 0% of it is accepted. Ahh yes, a History graduate so essays left, right and centre! It's just all the citing and referencing that's taking long...Have to get stuff from a range of sources. *Sighh*

Everyone says referencing is hard at first, do it once and you'll be fine.

You're not doing it as you go are you? I'd always just put a note as I was writing it, so 'Arsene Wenger: A History of Arsenal in the 20th Century, page 27' just becomes 'Wenger p27'. Once you've done the essay, just write the whole thing out once (e.g Wenger, A.; A History of Arsenal in the 20th Century (London, 2001)) and then it's a simple copy/paste job.
Original post by sr90

You're not doing it as you go are you? I'd always just put a note as I was writing it, so 'Arsene Wenger: A History of Arsenal in the 20th Century, page 27' just becomes 'Wenger p27'. Once you've done the essay, just write the whole thing out once (e.g Wenger, A.; A History of Arsenal in the 20th Century (London, 2001)) and then it's a simple copy/paste job.

See I did this, then it took me a whole day (8 hours :colonhash:) to sort it all out. We had to BMJ reference so I had to trawl back and find issue numbers/volumes etc ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
See I did this, then it took me a whole day (8 hours :colonhash:) to sort it all out. We had to BMJ reference so I had to trawl back and find issue numbers/volumes etc ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't you get that from the source though? For example most of mine were on JSTOR and they had an option to view a citation.
Original post by sr90

Thing is, I'm used to referencing because they made us do it all the time for A-level English literature but we could use any system we liked e.g. Harvard. But for uni, we absolutely HAVE to use the Oxford OSCALA system and that's a bit different.

I do it as I go :colondollar: using the footnotes facility on word. Think I'll try your suggestion though.