The Student Room Group

Geology & Earth Sciences 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Citipati
Me too! On the 28th?

Yes! At 13:00 xD
Original post by Imranfr0
Yes! At 13:00 xD

Same (I presume there will be few people interviewing few applicants)(or we will have to wait in a queue)(Wait and see).
You have applied for Earth Sciences I presume?
Same (I presume there will be few people interviewing few applicants)(or we will have to wait in a queue)(Wait and see).
You have applied for Earth Sciences I presume?

That's right, i applied for earth sciences. I need to prepare for the interview, even though it is in 2 months (my teachers told me that i am naturally shy... lol)
Me too! On the 28th?

I have just received an invitation for an interview from Manchester Uni! :biggrin:

Well done!
Original post by Chlorophile
Well done!

Thank you! :wink:
Well done!

Ta! What an eventful day (application-wise!).

That's right, i applied for earth sciences. I need to prepare for the interview, even though it is in 2 months (my teachers told me that i am naturally shy... lol)

I have problem of over-excitation, in which I talk to fast and stop listening to the speaker. I have to get it under control, same as uncontrollable tapping and stammer.
Are you going to do some revision beforehand- in case of an odd geology question?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 266
I have just received an invitation for an interview from Manchester Uni! :biggrin:

Nice one! Tell us how it goes! I'm applying for BSc geology w/ planetary science
Interview at Imperial next wednesday? How has everyone else found it?
Ta! What an eventful day (application-wise!).

I have problem of over-excitation, in which I talk to fast and stop listening to the speaker. I have to get it under control, same as uncontrollable tapping and stammer.
Are you going to do some revision beforehand- in case of an odd geology question?

I will look on the internet what type of odd questions they could ask in the interview about geology, but I don't think that it will be something that i don't know about. Anyway, I will revise my tectonics stuff that i am doing currently in geography. :smile:
Original post by jbrown2
Nice one! Tell us how it goes! I'm applying for BSc geology w/ planetary science

Sure! I applied for Msci Earth Science hehehe
Original post by KingPanda
Interview at Imperial next wednesday? How has everyone else found it?

See you there :wink:
Original post by geononymous
See you there :wink:

ahh cool!! :smile: i don't know what to do for it haha
Original post by KingPanda
ahh cool!! :smile: i don't know what to do for it haha

Just go over your personal statement and make sure you know what you're talking about!
Does everyone get an interview for Southampton?
Ive heard they are quite taxing and just wondered if they are because everyone who applies receives one?
Original post by Jords13
Does everyone get an interview for Southampton?
Ive heard they are quite taxing and just wondered if they are because everyone who applies receives one?

I don't know if everyone gets an interview for Southampton. Personally, my interview there felt more difficult than the one I had at Imperial. There weren't that many people there on the visit day (only like 8 for Geophysics I think) though.
I know that Imperial at interview just want to see if you are a psychopath or not... I have a friend whos dad is a lecturer he says getting an interview at imperial pretty much guarantees your place
Original post by Jords13
I know that Imperial at interview just want to see if you are a psychopath or not... I have a friend whos dad is a lecturer he says getting an interview at imperial pretty much guarantees your place

According to last year's admissions statistics, only about 50% of people who got an interview at Imperial for Earth Sciences would have got a place...
According to last year's admissions statistics, only about 50% of people who got an interview at Imperial for Earth Sciences would have got a place...

Wheres that from? A lot of people do apply though, it's is ranked joint 2nd with cambridge
Original post by Jords13
Wheres that from? A lot of people do apply though, it's is ranked joint 2nd with cambridge

It's sort of reconstructed from different sources. Last year, there were just over 4 applications per place. According to the ESE Dept's website, they interview around 50% of applicants. So therefore, around 50% of the people with interviews must get in. Probably a bit higher than that since they'll give out more offers than places but I'd be surprised if it were much higher than 50%.
It's sort of reconstructed from different sources. Last year, there were just over 4 applications per place. According to the ESE Dept's website, they interview around 50% of applicants. So therefore, around 50% of the people with interviews must get in. Probably a bit higher than that since they'll give out more offers than places but I'd be surprised if it were much higher than 50%.

Yeah as you say, more offers than places, maybe it's because a lot go to Oxbridge as a firm and imperial is their insurance. There's also those that don't meet the grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending