The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3680
Original post by MissPinkyMonkey
I am the same situation as yours. Did you ask them if a Skype interview is possible. all the locations they offer are far away from me

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from Ireland so I think they expect me to go over to the University as it's not too far and the flights are relatively cheap. So I've decided to travel there rather than to do it over skype as I would feel more comfortable doing it in person and I'd be afraid that I would be at a disadvantage if I was to do it over Skype. this probably isnt the case, but that's what I've decided to do anyway! Good luck in your interview - wherever it is!
Original post by 0802
Could I be cheeky and ask those with surrey interviews are you from near Surrey or all over?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Midlands
Original post by VetMed
I'm a graduate too !!! Well I'll be a graduate on dec 1st - hopefully!!!! (date of my last exam)
I haven't heard anything yet.... :frown:
Have you?
Applied to Surrey Nottingham Bristol and Liverpool......

oooh another graduate, hi! :smile:
yea I have an interview at Surrey. i'm nervous and excited at the same time. i got completely rejected without any interviews the first time i applied but i'm a lot more prepared this time so fingers crossed!:crossedf:
i've applied to Surrey, RVC and Liverpool
good luck for your exam! what are you currently studying btw? i'm doing Bioveterinary Science :smile:
For liverpools questionnaire, when it says approximate number of animals...what do you put for a dairy farm? Because you're milking loads of cows etc. but I don't think putting the herd size is what they mean

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0802
Could I be cheeky and ask those with surrey interviews are you from near Surrey or all over?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish i was near Surrey. I'm from west yorkshire. it's a good 4 hour drive by car, but of course i don't have a car, so i'd have to take a train... so it would be at least a 5 hour journey! :s-smilie:
Just got an interview at Glasgow! :biggrin:
Original post by mollyvet
Well done! :biggrin:

Thank you :smile: You too!!
For Livvy's wex form, if anybody went to a single place and returned several times (but not as a regular thing), are you putting the most recent end date or the end date of your first placement there? If that made any sense at all :tongue:

Is anybody else finding the character limit really strict as well? I can understand why they use it but some of the names of my places don't fit:tongue:
Has anyone submitted the liverpool questionnaire and recieved the email to say it's been recieved? They said it would take an hour to arrive on the guidelines document they sent with the questionnaire, but I sent it off 2 hours ago and haven't heard anything! I don't know if I haven't submitted it correctly or if it's just because it's the evening so I'll get it tomorrow.
Original post by Alex15
Has anyone submitted the liverpool questionnaire and recieved the email to say it's been recieved? They said it would take an hour to arrive on the guidelines document they sent with the questionnaire, but I sent it off 2 hours ago and haven't heard anything! I don't know if I haven't submitted it correctly or if it's just because it's the evening so I'll get it tomorrow.

I sent mine off about 50 minutes ago so I'm hoping to get an email soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
For Livvy's wex form, if anybody went to a single place and returned several times (but not as a regular thing), are you putting the most recent end date or the end date of your first placement there? If that made any sense at all :tongue:

Is anybody else finding the character limit really strict as well? I can understand why they use it but some of the names of my places don't fit:tongue:

The guidelines document I recieved said to put most recent end date :smile: yeah one of my placement names wouldn't fit so I had to shorten it! Doesn't make much sense because it should be "paradise wildlife park" and I ended up just putting "paradise park"!
Original post by WannaBeVet2015
I sent mine off about 50 minutes ago so I'm hoping to get an email soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please let me know if you hear back! The submit button on mine wouldn't work so I saved it and attached it to an email, which they said you can do, but I'm worried it hasn't worked for some reason :s-smilie:
Original post by Alex15
Please let me know if you hear back! The submit button on mine wouldn't work so I saved it and attached it to an email, which they said you can do, but I'm worried it hasn't worked for some reason :s-smilie:

I was able to use the submit button but I've not heard - let me know if you hear too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WannaBeVet2015
I was able to use the submit button but I've not heard - let me know if you hear too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will do :smile:
When and how did you hear of the need to complete the wex form... Is it on the web or have they emailed you all directly? Thx
Original post by Alex15
The guidelines document I recieved said to put most recent end date :smile: yeah one of my placement names wouldn't fit so I had to shorten it! Doesn't make much sense because it should be "paradise wildlife park" and I ended up just putting "paradise park"!

You went to Paradise Park!? Me too :eek:! What week were you there?
Original post by wanttobevet
When and how did you hear of the need to complete the wex form... Is it on the web or have they emailed you all directly? Thx

It was emailed about 4 hours ago and is due in two weeks.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
It was emailed about 4 hours ago and is due in two weeks.

Many thanks .... I got the form last year when I had 18 weeks wex, but didn't get an interview. I now have 40+ Weeks and l/pool is my fav.. So I am hoping.
Original post by wanttobevet
Many thanks .... I got the form last year when I had 18 weeks wex, but didn't get an interview. I now have 40+ Weeks and l/pool is my fav.. So I am hoping.

The bar sure is high! According to the form my total has gone way down :tongue: It's 33.6 instead of the ~50 that I've actually done because three places were over the 6 week/4 week limit.
Reply 3699
Original post by VETwannabe
oooh another graduate, hi! :smile:
yea I have an interview at Surrey. i'm nervous and excited at the same time. i got completely rejected without any interviews the first time i applied but i'm a lot more prepared this time so fingers crossed!:crossedf:
i've applied to Surrey, RVC and Liverpool
good luck for your exam! what are you currently studying btw? i'm doing Bioveterinary Science :smile:

Helloooo :smile:
Oh that's great you got an interview ....

I am studying pharmacy, well it might not be as related to veterinary but it is a great scientific course and you learn all to do with drugs, I have a lot of lab / research experience ....
Yeah I got rejected years back when I just finished school but I was accepted at Edinburgh last year.... :s-smilie: :frown: Unfortunately I got sick so I had to miss my exams and I'm doing them now.
Then I'll be going back to Ireland to get some more veterinary work experience, and I have a 3year-old stallion to start working with and I literally just came back in from loading my mare into a huge huge horse box/ lorry to send her to Ireland as well...
It feels so strange knowing I won't see her until Christmas now (my mum will be there to welcome her tho). Poor baby (oh well shes almost 17 I've had her ever since), third time traveling this far...
Have you finished your first undergraduate already or are you going to in the summer ?
Which university do you study at, if I may ask?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending