The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by houdhoud1997
hahahaha, that is exactly what happened to me !
I was feeling pretty confident like : ok so everyone has to wait up until the end of the 8 weeks to get the answer , no reason to worry

AND ALL OF A SUDDEN : go on studentroom--> find people that applied waaay after you already got offers --> try not to cry --> cry a lot
ahahhaha

But they must have their reasons !
Hope we'll both hear good news !!
I'm also an international applicant for economics ! ( By the way where did you also apply ? )

I applied to Cambridge (and I have already been rejected without an interview so that makes me REALLY anxious about LSE), then UCL, Univerity of Manchester and City University. I have already received conditional offers from the last two but I would really like to get into LSE! How about you? :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Kalleblomk
I applied to Cambridge (and I have already been rejected without an interview so that makes me REALLY anxious about LSE), then UCL, Univerity of Manchester and City University. I have already received conditional offers from the last two but I would really like to get into LSE! How about you? :smile:

Congrats for your conditionnal offers first !!
I also got a conditionnal from Warwick ! but i am still waiting to hear back from UCL ( as I applied there for 2 different programs : Economics- and economics with a year abroad ! )

Don't be anxious about LSE because of Cambridge, they're really looking for different profiles I guess.

Are you appling to Bocconi University ?? i heard it's really good in Economics !
Congrats for your conditionnal offers first !!
I also got a conditionnal from Warwick ! but i am still waiting to hear back from UCL ( as I applied there for 2 different programs : Economics- and economics with a year abroad ! )

Don't be anxious about LSE because of Cambridge, they're really looking for different profiles I guess.

Are you appling to Bocconi University ?? i heard it's really good in Economics !

I am actually! I just wanted to try and apply also to some UK universities because I would like to study abroad and I feel that studying at LSE would be really great. Anyway congrats for your offer, too! Can I ask you where are you from?
I am actually! I just wanted to try and apply also to some UK universities because I would like to study abroad and I feel that studying at LSE would be really great. Anyway congrats for your offer, too! Can I ask you where are you from?

I'm from Morocco, but actually going to a French high school ! :-)
Let me know about LSE ! Hope we'll hear back from it in a postive way soon !

I hope so!! :smile:
Reply 965
Fun thing is I have discovered that they are already sending decisions by joining this conversation, because I thought I just had to wait 8 weeks for a reply. So thank you all for letting me fall in an existential dimension of fear and enxiety. :s-smilie: anyway, is there any other international applicant for economics? I am from Italy :smile:

I am from Italy as well, I'm applying for economics and mathematics :smile:
Original post by economicsrocks
Ah well best of luck, hopefully this is a case of no news is good news etc and you'll hear back soon! :smile:

Hopefully it is the case for both of us!
Original post by ak2015
WOOHOOO Congrats!!!!!! :biggrin: What time did you receive it?

at 4:30 pm UK time :smile:
lse sent an email to me before UCAS was updated
Original post by EdTKL
Congr:smile:
May I know when did you submit your application and which other Uni you applied , you will hold LSE as firm? :smile:

Thanks! I submitted my application in a few days before the 15th (Oxbridge deadline). I applied for LSE, UCL, Durham, Exeter. and yes I'll def hold LSE as firm. :cool:
The offer came when I'm 3 weeks into my 8 weeks email
Original post by Mariusk03
Congrats!! How many weeks ago did you receive the 8 week email?

I got the offer on my 3rd week into the 8 week email
Fun thing is I have discovered that they are already sending decisions by joining this conversation, because I thought I just had to wait 8 weeks for a reply. So thank you all for letting me fall in an existential dimension of fear and enxiety. :s-smilie: anyway, is there any other international applicant for economics? I am from Italy :smile:

Hi, I'm also an international applicant for Economics at LSE and is feeling quite stressed seeing others have already received offers haha

Would it be ok to let me know when you hear from LSE? :smile: I think maybe international applications take longer so our ones are treated differently to the local applications...

Hey, I'm also an international applicant for economics at LSE. Would you mind letting me know if you hear anything from LSE? :smile:
Reply 972
If I got the 8 week email, does that mean I've met the entry requirements?
Original post by erohoem
If I got the 8 week email, does that mean I've met the entry requirements?

Yes, I believe so :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 974
Original post by rixama
I am from Italy as well, I'm applying for economics and mathematics :smile:

I'm applying for economics and mathematics too!! Let me know if you get an offer :biggrin:! When did you send your UCAS application?
Alright pretty new to this student room thingy here but cant resist not asking my questions anymore.

Applying for Accounting and Finance in LSE.
44 for my IB(actual) - 777 for Math/Physics/Economics at HL
From Singapore
Just received the 2 week email 5 days ago and like all of you, unhealthily check my email way too much.

Can anyone tell me the email procedure for LSE? Its driving me crazy. Also, anyone else here applying for A n F?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zenith154
Alright pretty new to this student room thingy here but cant resist not asking my questions anymore.

Applying for Accounting and Finance in LSE.
44 for my IB(actual) - 777 for Math/Physics/Economics at HL
From Singapore
Just received the 2 week email 5 days ago and like all of you, unhealthily check my email way too much.

Can anyone tell me the email procedure for LSE? Its driving me crazy. Also, anyone else here applying for A n F?

I also applied for Accounting and Finance too!!

Was the two week email the same as the acknowledge email for your application, where they basically said "we will contact you within 2 weeks?" (I just applied this week.)

I really want to go study A and F at LSE, and I hope we both get offers! :wink:
Any actuarial science undergraduates applying for 2015 entry
Reply 978
Original post by saycheese:)
Thanks! I submitted my application in a few days before the 15th (Oxbridge deadline). I applied for LSE, UCL, Durham, Exeter. and yes I'll def hold LSE as firm. :cool:
The offer came when I'm 3 weeks into my 8 weeks email

Thanks. Quite similar to you but still waiting news from LSE, is the 6th week this week :frown: Though got offers from Durham, St. Andrew and Warwick:tongue:, really wish to have LSE (Management ) offer soon ....
got 4 offers now, just waiting on this bloody one, first week of the 8 week email starts monday :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending