The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serentonin
Right, productive Serentonin will be born again today. Done an hour and a half of immunity revision, now having a break, got a lunch date with a friend, then another 3 hours revision tonight.

mm revision on a saturday night. such a cool kid :frown:

if it's any consolationI'll probably be heading to the library tonight to get work done :hugs:
Has anyone had to write a book review before??
Original post by Psyc_Girl
Has anyone had to write a book review before??

What like a magazine style book review or a literature degree style book review?

Original post by Serentonin
Right, productive Serentonin will be born again today. Done an hour and a half of immunity revision, now having a break, got a lunch date with a friend, then another 3 hours revision tonight.

mm revision on a saturday night. such a cool kid :frown:

Good luck!
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
What like a magazine style book review or a literature degree style book review?

Good luck!

Literature degree style!
Literature degree style!

omg no, I wouldn't have the energy. What are the guidelines if your lecturer has given any?
omg no, I wouldn't have the energy. What are the guidelines if your lecturer has given any?

The only thing I have is that it has to be between 1000 and 1500 words, anything above or below and won't be marked. Also have an example of one but that's it :cry2:. I have no idea what im doing 😂
The only thing I have is that it has to be between 1000 and 1500 words, anything above or below and won't be marked. Also have an example of one but that's it :cry2:. I have no idea what im doing 😂

I've never actually written one but I did read through one and I know what you mean. It was more like a critical essay of an intepretation of the book rather than a review.
I've never actually written one but I did read through one and I know what you mean. It was more like a critical essay of an intepretation of the book rather than a review.

Yeah, it's really hard :cry2:. I'll just have to keep at it!

Yes I had to do the same last year, had to critically analyse a theme in the book. As someone whose not done English Lit since 16 it was tricky.

Good luck!

I'm currently examining International Criminal Tribunal of the former Yugoslavia cases and it's driving me nuts. Literally, I understand nothing.
Original post by jelly1000
Yes I had to do the same last year, had to critically analyse a theme in the book. As someone whose not done English Lit since 16 it was tricky.

Same here! Hopefully I can manage to write something good!

Good luck!

I'm currently examining International Criminal Tribunal of the former Yugoslavia cases and it's driving me nuts. Literally, I understand nothing.

Thank you!

That sounds complicated.. I definitely wouldnt be able to do that! Good luck with it :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Need to make my final preparations to my presentation and carry on with my book review today! But not good that I'm in one of them 'can't be bothered to do anything' moods 😞
The weather is foul and I know I need to go to the library, but the weather is making it so hard to leave my bed let alone the house!
I've been very productive today, finally..

So far...
1) 586/2500 for my policing essay
2) completed seminar tasks for criminology seminars for the week
3) Gone over some presentation prep for the group presentation (non-assessed but still making an effort)
4) Now about to start my other criminology essay, with the goal of 500/2500 for tonight.
5) just about glanced over my European Law notes for my tutorial on Tuesday.

To do..
1) prep bundle and arguments for mooting championship competition before wednesday.
2) complete tutorial tasks for european union law for tuesday
3) average 200 words per day per essay
4) Start planning European Union Law essay by the end of next week, then start writing by averaging 200 words daily until finished.
5) catch up with Criminal Law and European Union law reading and note-taking, also catch up with my other criminology module reading.

I can't wait to complete all those tasks!

Edit: met my 500words per essay goal today, pretty pleased.. might be a small goal, but I'm on track.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sodded doing the essay, wasn't compulsory and counts for nothing anyway.

Was stressing me out too much and I knew I was gonna end up handing in **** work, I'd rather not bother. Plus I felt pretty ill when I got in this morning from work (think I haven't been sleeping enough), so I took it easy today.

Study crazy Lindsay begins tomorrow.
Original post by alis-volatpropriis
I've been very productive today, finally..

So far...
1) 586/2500 for my policing essay
2) completed seminar tasks for criminology seminars for the week
3) Gone over some presentation prep for the group presentation (non-assessed but still making an effort)
4) Now about to start my other criminology essay, with the goal of 500/2500 for tonight.
5) just about glanced over my European Law notes for my tutorial on Tuesday.

To do..
1) prep bundle and arguments for mooting championship competition before wednesday.
2) complete tutorial tasks for european union law for tuesday
3) average 200 words per day per essay
4) Start planning European Union Law essay by the end of next week, then start writing by averaging 200 words daily until finished.
5) catch up with Criminal Law and European Union law reading and note-taking, also catch up with my other criminology module reading.

I can't wait to complete all those tasks!

Edit: met my 500words per essay goal today, pretty pleased.. might be a small goal, but I'm on track.

omg another law student! Hi!

You're day has been so productive.

All I did was type up yesterdays notes, write an introduction for an essay and make notes from half a chapter.
Did zero work this weekend. So productive :rofl:

Really need a big kick in the ass to motivate myself now :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aha so after saying I was gonna have a productive weekend I did nothing but go out for lunch and then slob around. Also me and the boy are now apparently exclusive. Mmmmhmm.

Done two hours of revision this morning, got a lecture and a meeting and then gonna do another 2 and a half this evening :yy:
Ahhhh final year is going too quickly >.< I feel like I'm working loads and yet there's still piles of stuff I wanted to get done that I haven't.

This week-

- Finish Cicero essay reading
- Write Cicero essay
- Ovid translations
- Thesis reading- 3 books
- Rewatch thesis films
- Make plan for thesis
- Start thesis introduction
- Find out about references for masters
- Gobbets for next week

Stressss. Got to try and get this essay done today so I can go to London with the boyfriend tommorrow. Working all day Wednesday nannying.
PhD applications are scary :hide:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending