The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sneakbo2
got 4 offers now, just waiting on this bloody one, first week of the 8 week email starts monday :biggrin:

Congrats! What are your offers?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by philerus
Congrats! What are your offers?

Thank you! Bristol(A*AB or AAA) Bath(AAA) Warwick(AAA) Southampton (AAB) for Accounting and Finance
Original post by phatlittlelemon
Hi, I'm also an international applicant for Economics at LSE and is feeling quite stressed seeing others have already received offers haha

Would it be ok to let me know when you hear from LSE? :smile: I think maybe international applications take longer so our ones are treated differently to the local applications...

It is definitely stressful! I'll let you know as soon as I know! By the way where are you from and where else did you apply?
Original post by rixama
I am from Italy as well, I'm applying for economics and mathematics :smile:

Can I ask you what are your grades? Because sometimes I feel that mine may be a little too low for LSE
Original post by Lech
:smile: Good luck! Here's hoping we see each other there. Have you heard anything as of yet?

Thanks! Good luck to you as well :smile: And no I haven't heard anything back from them except that 8-week email.
Original post by normandi
I also applied for Accounting and Finance too!!

Was the two week email the same as the acknowledge email for your application, where they basically said "we will contact you within 2 weeks?" (I just applied this week.)

I really want to go study A and F at LSE, and I hope we both get offers! :wink:

Hi nope it was not. I received the 2 week email about 3-4 days after i got my acknowledgement. Also forgot to mention that im applying for deferred entry to 2016. Does that make a difference?
Original post by Zenith154
Alright pretty new to this student room thingy here but cant resist not asking my questions anymore.

Can anyone tell me the email procedure for LSE? Its driving me crazy. Also, anyone else here applying for A n F?

Holla at cha boy! haha yh mate; A n F, offers from bath and warwick waiting on LSE. form sent on the 19th october
Original post by tazza ma razza
Holla at cha boy! haha yh mate; A n F, offers from bath and warwick waiting on LSE. form sent on the 19th october

Are you an international student? I sent in my application on the 12th Nov to Bath Warwick Strathclyde and LSE... other than acknowledgement emails bath told me they would not be able to make a decision until January as they want to make the application process fair. (sounds really fair to me ^^). No other offers from anywhere else :frown: Also does deferred entry to 2016 change things a lot? Like is it significantly harder to get in for the course in that year as compared to 2015
I got L101 yesterday, so chuffed ahaha
Original post by Alistair12

Congrats! :smile: If you don't mind, when did you send your application (or get the 8week email) and are you international?
Original post by mindispoison
Congrats! :smile: If you don't mind, when did you send your application (or get the 8week email) and are you international?

Nah UK student mate! Send it off on the 8th and my 8 week came on Wednesday but they said it failed to send to me before - they wanted to send it to me on the 31st October. Kinda long I guess but I wouldn't stress atm it just seems like me and one of my mates are the only ones to have them ahaha good luck

Congrats! May I ask what you're grades were? Also, is LSE your top choice and have you also applied to Oxbridge?
Original post by philerus
Congrats! May I ask what you're grades were? Also, is LSE your top choice and have you also applied to Oxbridge?

Thanks! 10 A* 4 A ok UMS I guess, applied to Selwyn college Cambridge and have interview soon. Really don't know I like the LSE course so much and I love the Cambridge college system/campus and supervisions, kinda stuck ahaha wbu?
Thanks! 10 A* 4 A ok UMS I guess, applied to Selwyn college Cambridge and have interview soon. Really don't know I like the LSE course so much and I love the Cambridge college system/campus and supervisions, kinda stuck ahaha wbu?

I have applied for Govt an Econ at LSE and am beginning to stress out. Even though no responses for my course have been given out yet, Economics and PPE already have quite a few offerholders. I have also applied to PPE at Oxford (Brasenose), and I am waiting for a reply from them as well. All this waiting is going to be the end of me!
Original post by Zenith154
Are you an international student? I sent in my application on the 12th Nov to Bath Warwick Strathclyde and LSE... other than acknowledgement emails bath told me they would not be able to make a decision until January as they want to make the application process fair. (sounds really fair to me ^^). No other offers from anywhere else :frown: Also does deferred entry to 2016 change things a lot? Like is it significantly harder to get in for the course in that year as compared to 2015

Nah UK student! deffered entry - pretty much to get an unconditional offer, you need to far exceed the entry requirements eg 3A*. don't quote me though, this is just from reading other tsr threads
Original post by tazza ma razza
Nah UK student! deffered entry - pretty much to get an unconditional offer, you need to far exceed the entry requirements eg 3A*. don't quote me though, this is just from reading other tsr threads

So you're saying if you were predicted A*A*A* you would get an unconditional offer?
Your're not alone! I am an int applicant, from Singapore XD hahaha this waiting though...

Original post by Kalleblomk
Fun thing is I have discovered that they are already sending decisions by joining this conversation, because I thought I just had to wait 8 weeks for a reply. So thank you all for letting me fall in an existential dimension of fear and enxiety. :s-smilie: anyway, is there any other international applicant for economics? I am from Italy :smile:
Reply 997
Does LSE take longer to send decisions to international applicants or is the wait around the same?
how long does it take to get the 2-week email after receiving the acknowledge email from LSE?
Me! Have you gotten any replies from LSE?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending