The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

If there is one thing i've learnt, its never bet on my beloved Wednesday. They disappoint on the pitch and in the bookies.
I'm happy :biggrin: since our Gary has been in charge it's been great
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
If there is one thing i've learnt, its never bet on my beloved Wednesday. They disappoint on the pitch and in the bookies.

They were really unlucky not to score a couple today, sums their luck up at the moment.
It's worth watching the Football League Show tonight just to see our two goals. Absolutely superb stuff and still top of the league :biggrin:
Humbling result for us, we need to get back to defending how we were before the last 8 games and sharpish. Apparently Forest played well second half so fairs if that's the case.
Original post by Rock Fan
Watford were playing the most in form team though :confused:

Yeah, so not the best time to try out 4-4-2 for the first time since Sean Dyche. Understandably Derby are an in form team, and they deserve to be top, that's no excuse to only play for 20 minutes though. Both Derbys goals were amazing, although could've been stopped if basic defending was done on the players. Don't seem as if this is gonna be our year either at the moment.

That said, I still believe Gomes, Angella, Abdi, Toszer, Deeney, Vydra and perhaps 1 or 2 are amongst the best players in the division, unfortunately teams like Derby actually play as a team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CraigWM
Yeah, so not the best time to try out 4-4-2 for the first time since Sean Dyche. Understandably Derby are an in form team, and they deserve to be top, that's no excuse to only play for 20 minutes though. Both Derbys goals were amazing, although could've been stopped if basic defending was done on the players. Don't seem as if this is gonna be our year either at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True if you'd got the basics right you could have got something today, just seen the goals actually on Sky Sports News.
I'd been looking forward to Northampton away all week. Then Westley decides we'll play hoofball. AGAIN! And I witness the worst 45 minutes ever! Losing the will to live with Stevenage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Games like today make me dislike football so much. 2-0 up only to lose 3-2 thanks to conceding three goals in nine minutes. I've given up on this being our season to make a return to the Football League.
Hope Wigan go down.
Original post by ra-ra-ra
Games like today make me dislike football so much. 2-0 up only to lose 3-2 thanks to conceding three goals in nine minutes. I've given up on this being our season to make a return to the Football League.

Didn't one of your players get sent off soon after he scored?
Didn't one of your players get sent off soon after he scored?

Haha yes, Louis Moult! He's only just returned from a three match ban too. Then we had Andy Bishop sent off for two yellows early into the second half.

Moults red was questionable though, the referee was a disaster. Hate blaming the ref but his performance was just as bad as ours. He was awful, he sent one of the Alty players off in the first half too so it ended up being 9 vs 10.

Disgusting match though. One of those games that make you feel physically sick. Possibly went through every emotion going and it's only a league match vs Altrincham in November, hardly a "must win" match right now!

No win in eight (EIGHT!!) in the league for Wrexham. Next up Kidderminster... so that'll be no win in nine for us!
Original post by Mackay
Hope Wigan go down.

Whilst I don't condone what Mackay said, I refuse to believe every other manager in the FL is innocent. If everyone else had their texts and emails checked, I think a few people would get into trouble. Having met Malky once, he seems a genuinely nice bloke. Whelan just made the situation ten times worse though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Bit grim to drop 2 points against Blackpool. International break came at the wrong time for us, important to pick up 3 points at home on Saturday now.
Original post by CraigWM
Whilst I don't condone what Mackay said, I refuse to believe every other manager in the FL is innocent. If everyone else had their texts and emails checked, I think a few people would get into trouble. Having met Malky once, he seems a genuinely nice bloke. Whelan just made the situation ten times worse though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it's more the Whelan incident which has got to me to be honest. Why wasn't the Wigan press officer drumming into him that he had to be on his BEST and most careful behaviour having just appointed the most controversial football manager in Britain?
Eoin Doyle scored 2 yesterday for Chesterfield as they beat Barnsley 2-1, keeping himself as League One's top scorer with 16 in 18 games.
Original post by ra-ra-ra
Haha yes, Louis Moult! He's only just returned from a three match ban too. Then we had Andy Bishop sent off for two yellows early into the second half.

Moults red was questionable though, the referee was a disaster. Hate blaming the ref but his performance was just as bad as ours. He was awful, he sent one of the Alty players off in the first half too so it ended up being 9 vs 10.

Disgusting match though. One of those games that make you feel physically sick. Possibly went through every emotion going and it's only a league match vs Altrincham in November, hardly a "must win" match right now!

No win in eight (EIGHT!!) in the league for Wrexham. Next up Kidderminster... so that'll be no win in nine for us!

I remember going to a conference game once and the standard of refereeing being really bad. Certainly does make you sick, I remember our game against Spurs when Benteke got sent off and it turned the game, just sickening.
Silvestri needs to sort his **** out. Another costly mistake in goal
anyone see Kermorgant's overhead kick? beautiful goal! was it a Derby player (Bryson? correct me if I'm wrong) who scored an absolute screamer of a goal yesterday too? part of me wishes that Roland had never sold Kermorgant because him and Vetokele up front - what a strike force! Tucudean just isn't good enough imo...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I remember going to a conference game once and the standard of refereeing being really bad. Certainly does make you sick, I remember our game against Spurs when Benteke got sent off and it turned the game, just sickening.

I do agree with the standard not being great but you can say every league all over the world has a bad referee thrown in now and again. As a Wrexham fan this has to be one of the worst we've had. Not only did we have so many poor decisions throughout the game, this also happened...

A good five or so minutes after we scored that goal Amy Fearn decided to allow it but it was mental. One fan went onto the pitch and sat on the goal line and refused to move. I used to enjoy my away trips to Aggborough with it being a terrace behind the goal but that game certainly raised the blood pressure and I couldn't wait to get home.

Sometimes it's an easy target to moan about the referee and blame them for losing but for us yesterday he just didn't help the situation, we still put in a very poor performance.

Quick Reply

Latest