The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alex-Torres
Wait, I thought this was around the right time for applying since deadlines are in Jan/Feb?

Start applying now. Most recruit on a rolling basis.
Original post by Anonynous
Start applying now. Most recruit on a rolling basis.

How'd your interview go?
Is a cover letter necessary for JP Morgan?
Original post by Bloxorus
Is a cover letter necessary for JP Morgan?

Nope
BAML have started giving out offers, heads up.
Original post by President M.E.
Nope

Okay great :smile: Its just that on the application it says you can include one if you want to, but I feel like the first competency basically repeats most of what I would have in the cover letter anyway.
Reply 1826
are you not supposed to upload CV/CL for UBS?

How many stages is there?
Original post by MathsNerd1
How many stages is there?

Online App, tests, phone interview, offer
Online App, tests, phone interview, offer

Okay, so how'd your interview go? Have you received an offer?
Okay, so how'd your interview go? Have you received an offer?

Interview was on Friday. It went okay, I'm not holding my breath. Inteviewer said I can expect a response in 10 working days.
Interview was on Friday. It went okay, I'm not holding my breath. Inteviewer said I can expect a response in 10 working days.

All the best. I'm starting to just give up with the hassle of trying to get an offer. I've got relevant experience pretty much lined up already for the summer, so I'm not sure how 1 week will make much difference.
All the best. I'm starting to just give up with the hassle of trying to get an offer. I've got relevant experience pretty much lined up already for the summer, so I'm not sure how 1 week will make much difference.

It's the chance to convert it to a summer.
It's the chance to convert it to a summer.

Yeah, though right now I don't think that's worth my grade lowering this year, I plan to still get a first and I won't let that stop me. I'll be much more prepared for summer internships next year.
Yeah, though right now I don't think that's worth my grade lowering this year, I plan to still get a first and I won't let that stop me. I'll be much more prepared for summer internships next year.

Still.. hopefully you will secure something this cycle.

Did you apply for investment banking or markets?
Still.. hopefully you will secure something this cycle.

Thanks, same applies to you.
Original post by Roadrage27
Did you apply for investment banking or markets?

Global banking & credit risk
Had my interview for BAML this Friday as well, waiting for their response now :smile: How is everyone doing in terms of applications sent? I have a few left and it might be a bit late now..
Original post by Purple_fox
Had my interview for BAML this Friday as well, waiting for their response now :smile: How is everyone doing in terms of applications sent? I have a few left and it might be a bit late now..

Hope you hear a response soon and I've sent off CS, DB, HSBC, RBS, ICAP, BlackRock, MS and only plan to do JP Morgan and GS left, then we'll see how they all go, but it's no big deal if I don't get an offer, not many people going for summer have spring weeks anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending