The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alily
I do get the distinct feeling that I'm interrupting something so -my apologies- but does anyone else feel ready to go to university NOW and totally reluctant to go through the actual 'getting-the-grades-to-get-in' process?! I'm suffering dreadfully! Help!

Hmmmm... I'm not sure how I feel actually. On one hand I don't want to grow up, and do uni and life.

On the other hand, I want to start fresh and at uni, because meh.

Bleurgh
Original post by Bude8
Ah nice, 5 year warranties are so cheap! Never knew that :redface:

Quite like the look of the Orange though :smile:

The Orange one is great, I was going to get it but decided to splash out on the next size up in case I needed it for gigs. The built-in effects are gorgeous though, particularly the reverb. :colondollar:
Reply 3582
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Hmmmm... I'm not sure how I feel actually. On one hand I don't want to grow up, and do uni and life.

On the other hand, I want to start fresh and at uni, because meh.

Bleurgh

Oh dear I feel much the same! I just keep thinking about exams and that's ruining the last few months of being at school
Original post by alily
I do get the distinct feeling that I'm interrupting something so -my apologies- but does anyone else feel ready to go to university NOW and totally reluctant to go through the actual 'getting-the-grades-to-get-in' process?! I'm suffering dreadfully! Help!

I'm sort of feeling like that.

It's not so much wanting to go to Uni (because I do, obviously) but it's more of the fact that I just want to get away from where I live and start completely fresh. :rolleyes:
Original post by drowninginsound
The Orange one is great, I was going to get it but decided to splash out on the next size up in case I needed it for gigs. The built-in effects are gorgeous though, particularly the reverb. :colondollar:

Checked with my other friend and he thinks it's a solid purchase too (cheap 5 year warranty tho :mmm:) so I've just ordered it, thanks for the suggestion! :lol:
Original post by Bude8
Checked with my other friend and he thinks it's a solid purchase too (cheap 5 year warranty tho :mmm:) so I've just ordered it, thanks for the suggestion! :lol:

Wow, that was quick! It's a lovely piece of kit, hope you enjoy it as much as I love mine. Can't go wrong with Orange, really. :wink: Glad I could be of assistance anyhow. :biggrin:
Original post by Bude8

Have you got interview from Cambridge?

I am back again.... Still alive although I haven't received any offers nor interviews yet....
Wow, that was quick! It's a lovely piece of kit, hope you enjoy it as much as I love mine. Can't go wrong with Orange, really. :wink: Glad I could be of assistance anyhow. :biggrin:

If I didn't order it now then I'd be thinking about it for the rest of the day and wouldn't be able to work later :lol:

I think I'll share a video on Tuesday/Wednesday then :lol:
Original post by DCMed96
Have you got interview from Cambridge?

I am back again.... Still alive although I haven't received any offers nor interviews yet....

Hey! It's been a while :smile:
I've got an interview with Cambridge but they haven't told me the date yet. Also have an offer from Bath which is my only other choice, requiring 36 points and 6s in HL Maths + Chem.
Original post by Bude8
Hey! It's been a while :smile:
I've got an interview with Cambridge but they haven't told me the date yet. Also have an offer from Bath which is my only other choice, requiring 36 points and 6s in HL Maths + Chem.

Did you only applied to two unis??
Original post by DCMed96
Did you only applied to two unis??

Yup
Original post by Bude8
Yup

That's a bold move man :smile: why not imperial/UCL?
Original post by DCMed96
That's a bold move man :smile: why not imperial/UCL?

Not interested in London.
Original post by Red Fox
The Winter Cup game vs Touou is so epic

Original post by Bude8
It's long and a bit narrow, got a small en suite 'pod', desk, bed, wadrobe. Quite a lot like the rooms at Bath.

Omg man I had to punch a wall due to testosterone after that last episode

Finished S2 this morning, I want the next season already!! And yeah I think the Touou game is my favourite match so far, the zone between Aomine and Kagami was epic. (was expecting more from Murasakibara tbh :s-smilie:)
Original post by JustaDreamer
Finished S2 this morning, I want the next season already!! And yeah I think the Touou game is my favourite match so far, the zone between Aomine and Kagami was epic. (was expecting more from Murasakibara tbh :s-smilie:)

Well they can't make him too OP seeing as it's pretty much the law of the 2nd season that Seirin have to win every game via a last second basket.
Original post by JustaDreamer

Original post by Red Fox
Well they can't make him too OP seeing as it's pretty much the law of the 2nd season that Seirin have to win every game via a last second basket.

Yeah but you know, Meteor Jam...
Original post by Bude8
Yeah but you know, Meteor Jam...

True dat. I honestly thought they would lose that game because why would they end the series mid tournament but I was wrong.

I'm slightly confused by how they are still first years though. Is the Japanese school year different?
Original post by Red Fox
True dat. I honestly thought they would lose that game because why would they end the series mid tournament but I was wrong.

I'm slightly confused by how they are still first years though. Is the Japanese school year different?

Ok, this is my knowledge on how Japanese schools work, purely from watching anime :lol:

High school, years 1 2 3 is equivalent to year 11 12 13 respectively

Middle school, years 1 2 3 is equivalent to 9 10 11

Not sure if this is correct; it may be that they go to uni after year 12, but that seems about right.

I'm such a bloody idiot. I wondered why I couldn't get palm muting right, and then I realised I was using the wrong part of my hand, big time. Used the muscle under my thumb but then I realised you're meant to use the bit under your pinky... h8 myself right now :cry: :lol:
Original post by Bude8
Ok, this is my knowledge on how Japanese schools work, purely from watching anime :lol:

High school, years 1 2 3 is equivalent to year 11 12 13 respectively

Middle school, years 1 2 3 is equivalent to 9 10 11

Not sure if this is correct; it may be that they go to uni after year 12, but that seems about right.

Yeah I got that there were 3 years in each but I mean when the school year runs. I don't know maybe I'm just being stupid but the show doesn't really convey the passage of time that well. Their school year must start in like Feb/March or something instead of September is what I mean.

Latest