The Student Room Group

The Everton FC Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skill Twix
Hope we win it!The transfer budget we could get!Massive transfer budget

Ha, would be a first for us. I suppose we spent on Lukaku but that's all in installments and we didn't sign anyone else for decent money.
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
Ha, would be a first for us. I suppose we spent on Lukaku but that's all in installments and we didn't sign anyone else for decent money.

We need a centre back,some wingers and a goal keeper!
We need a centre back,some wingers and a goal keeper!

Yeah, those are the main positions to improve. We just need a bit more quality in those areas to be honest. Our strength in depth is already better than last season.
Yeah, those are the main positions to improve. We just need a bit more quality in those areas to be honest. Our strength in depth is already better than last season.

Agreed.Let's hope win this Sunday!Why doesn't any one takeover Everton?
Top 4 here we come!
Top 4 here we come!

McCarthy was really lucky.But still,COYB!Defending still needs some improvements!
Original post by fallen_acorns
lol.

We won lol!
Original post by fallen_acorns
congrats :smile: you guys did well

Really needed the win.Climbing the table gradually!
Have to say I do wonder what you lot paid Clattenberg today. Awful refereeing. Could have easily had two reds, Barkley dive giving you a free kick, clear offside goal. Is Ed Sheeran playing a gig in Liverpool by any chance?

And it's not even today. Cant say I've watched a lot of you this season, but Howard should have had two red cards against us. He headbutted Azpilicueta literally right in front of the ref and wasn't sent off.
Eto'o assists Leon Osman. Never thought I'd see the day.
Original post by The Shed End
Have to say I do wonder what you lot paid Clattenberg today. Awful refereeing. Could have easily had two reds, Barkley dive giving you a free kick, clear offside goal. Is Ed Sheeran playing a gig in Liverpool by any chance?

And it's not even today. Cant say I've watched a lot of you this season, but Howard should have had two red cards against us. He headbutted Azpilicueta literally right in front of the ref and wasn't sent off.

Butt hurt?
Butt hurt?

As a Chelsea fan? No not at all.

What a childish comment.
Original post by The Shed End

Explain the two reds, no way was McCarthy's challenge a red card offence. Clattenburg didn't even think it was a foul as he gave a throw in. Booked McCarthy anyway cause he's an inept ref. And it would be the linesman's fault with the offside goal, not Clattenburgs. Wouldn't talk too much about diving as a Chelsea fan anyway, with Costa's theatrics against us this season, which should have resulted in a second yellow.

Chelsea had a load of wrong decisions go their way that day.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stylo92
Explain the two reds, no way was McCarthy's challenge a red card offence. Clattenburg didn't even think it was a foul as he gave a throw in. Booked McCarthy anyway cause he's an inept ref. And it would be the linesman's fault with the offside goal, not Clattenburgs. Wouldn't talk too much about diving as a Chelsea fan anyway, with Costa's theatrics against us this season, which should have resulted in a second yellow.

Chelsea had a load of wrong decisions go their way that day.

From what I can recall,wasn’t Lukaku’s second goal not allowed because he was in an offside position.Which goal is this guy referring to?I am an Evertonian but many pundits claimed Mc Carthy should have been sent off. Eto’o changed the game for us.
From what I can recall,wasn’t Lukaku’s second goal not allowed because he was in an offside position.Which goal is this guy referring to?I am an Evertonian but many pundits claimed Mc Carthy should have been sent off. Eto’o changed the game for us.

Lukaku's actual first goal.

Seen pundits say it wasn't a red card, and others that have. *shrugs*.
#COYB.Let's win this!
Can you possibly beat Man City on their patch again?
What the?
That was a very soft penalty, Sterling should of had like 5 penalties today if Milners one was actually a penalty.

Quick Reply